Some changes I've noticed so far and looking for feedback

• 12 Replies

zidolos

« on: June 27, 2017, 08:25:06 PM »
Okay the first major change I've noticed is the exclusion of shot percentage when hitting high or low loft shots.  This is literally ruining the game for me as I have no idea what is going to happen to my shots distance anymore if i decide to loft it.   An example would be if i was 40 yards out with 8 mph North wind i knew i could hit that with 40 yard flop shot while raising the loft a few degrees to compensate for the wind because the loft added would take my shot overall distance down about 20%.  Now not only is the setting scale much smaller with a similar effect, I now have no be idea what % of my shot I'm losing or gaining on each club.  As a huge fan of the first game this change really sucks.  Also the loss of grid for fades and draws makes consistency with those harder, but maybe that was intended

Putting.  Jesus.  I got pretty good at the last games putting but Christ this one is touchy.  Why is my putter always locked and loaded for 164?  Is there a way to set it to like 144 like the last game or maybe even lower?  Hitting the ball about 7 feet away feels borderline impossible when 16 milliseconds (average lag of a great tv) adjusts the shot 7 feet. 

Swing tempo.  Absolutely a phenomenal change.  I always kinda hated how i could wind up hold at the top of my backswing and still hit it perfectly.  I also like that they tell you what you did wrong on your swing so it's not some dumb guessing game.

Character Customization: nothing to say here but bravo.

Hud change.  It's not a huge deal, but i preferred the titles that told me what things did in the bottom right, but it's alright. 

Outside of these changes i can't say much as the servers knock me off for about 5-10 every 7 holes, and i not dare and try the course builder till that's sorted.  The game doesn't seem capable of handling too much on the screen still as whoever made "wildlife preserve" has shown.  Basically plays at about 11 fps due to congestion of animals.   But damn customizing your guy is like rpg levels of satisfying.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
The lofting was nerfed on purpose I think as there are many that felt being able to dial shots in with hairpin accuracy was ruining the game. Opinions differ.

x3nit

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:31:10 PM »
""Okay the first major change I've noticed is the exclusion of shot percentage when hitting high or low loft shots.  This is literally ruining the game for me as I have no idea what is going to happen to my shots distance anymore if i decide to loft it.""

That's also a big problem for me, they could at least put that in a option or something.

zidolos

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »
The lofting was nerfed on purpose I think as there are many that felt being able to dial shots in with hairpin accuracy was ruining the game. Opinions differ.

Okay, did they discuss this somewhere as It makes sense I guess.  However it's incredibly frustrating as the clubs vary from how much loft effects each one wildly

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:57:42 PM »
Having loft percentages gone is the best thing that ever happened to this game because it as it more about feel depending on wind, club, firmness of grass.  I knew that guys that relied on charting everything would hate it, but im in freaking love with it! 

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Gasman

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:39 PM »
Can you make percentage swings on TGC2 ?  It just wasn't possible with the first game.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:13:37 PM »
Can you make percentage swings on TGC2 ?  It just wasn't possible with the first game.

Yes.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:44 PM »
Not true, I was great at half shots with my short game.  In fact deadly.  Percentage shots were possible and still possible.  Practice.

Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

zidolos

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »

Yes the percentage has been greatly improved upon, so it does make up for the loss somewhat.  Still a bit annoying if your not a purist, but i get it

Kronis

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
Having loft percentages gone is the best thing that ever happened to this game because it as it more about feel depending on wind, club, firmness of grass.  I knew that guys that relied on charting everything would hate it, but im in freaking love with it! 

All of this, right here. Removing loft percentages is definitely in my top 5 best things they did for this game.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »
Not true, I was great at half shots with my short game.  In fact deadly.  Percentage shots were possible and still possible.  Practice.

Totally agree...with practice it was possible...i wasnt deadly but not too bad.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 01:30:05 PM »

Totally agree...with practice it was possible...i wasnt deadly but not too bad.

Yep,  in tgc2  I'm even good and percentage chips.   Dare I say,  very good :)   Of course I spent hours and hours working in the chipping area from different distances.  The way I do it,  is watching my animation, but even more importantly timing my downswing based on the visual.   Again,  it's very possible to get good at this,  you just have to work and work and work..

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 01:44:19 PM »
Shot % is not a numeric but instead the distance you pull back (impacted by tempo) which is more realistic.  They've removed the arcade-ish feel

Putting is based on the slope not arcade-ish numerical so now you can always hit hard enough as well as soft enough.   It's better imo and I putt better and miss realistically.  No longer is it, advantage to the person who knows how to set this or that distance.  It's pull back and tempo. 

Server....yeah it's mostly on for me but I've had errors very late last night only.  Seems like a prime time server capacity issue moreso as it's fine right now and the last 2 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash