Play unpublished

• 3 Replies

The Big Eye

« on: June 28, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »
TGC let me play a round against a guest on unpublished courses.  I just stay off line and can play a complete round on  any unpublished course.

I don't see this in TGC2.  I only see playing a round against a guest on published courses.

Is there a way to play a round against a guest while in an unpublished course?  I want to do this as I can delete unpublished courses but apparently cannot delete published courses.  My guest lives next door so we don't need to network, he is sitting beside me.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »
Wasn't  this an exploit?

Not cheating but ....not an intended option?

Playing offline on an unpublished course with a guest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Big Eye

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
Perhaps it was unintended, I don't know.

For me though, it is a sensible way to play.  I bought the game therefore I should have some control over the courses I play.  After playing a course I often want to raise or lower something, change the green in some way, add this or take that away, etc.  To do this I give up the online goodies such as shirt colors and that sort of thing but I get to easily and quickly edit my courses that the neighbor and I like to play.  Therefore, I leave my courses unpublished so that I can make edits rather than publish them and give up the ability to make edits.

I don't understand why the game creators would not make this available for TGC2.  I created and published a course and subsequently learned that I want to make a couple of edits to the greens, etc. but I can't do it.  It seems to me that if a person purchases the course he/she should have the ability to edit his created courses.  As TGC2 is now that cannot be done. 

I don't know how long it will stay available but, for me, TGC2 is a step backwards and we play to continue playing the original TGC since we can play my unpublished courses and maintain the ability to make edits to them as time goes by.

I like many of the new features in TGC2 and the graphics look great but, for me, I paid for something that I will likely not be using due to the absence of being able to have any sort of control over my courses when/if I want to make edits.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »
Playing while creating was always intended but in another thread the staff commented as if adding a guest was not intended.

The exploit occurs when you switch to offline mode during creation, so it's probably the change in the engine to TGC2

space-cash