A Question For the Developer's

• 28 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
For the life of me, I don't know why the ability to download courses to store/play locally (when just playing a round) was not added.  This alone would have drastically reduced the server load.  Anyone just wanting to play a casual practice round could play 100% offline with zero server impact.  The fact that it's only possible for the 18 official courses is a major limitation that should have been addressed. 

Also, having courses stored locally would drastically decrease load times when playing an online round with other players.  If it's a course you've played before and have stored locally, it could just load the course data from the local machine/console without the unnecessary bog down of the server.

I think this is major design flaw/oversight that I was hoping would be addressed in TGC2.

This would be easy for pc players but can't be initiated as there is no way for designers to upload published courses to an online data base

We could start a storage site and upload courses but right now we can only do that with unpublished courses and there is no way the better designers are going to trust any of us with playing offline and not redesigning their gems.

If there were a way to lock an unpublished course (or better yet upload published courses) this would be  a godsend to those that don't do the tours or multiplayer that often.

Of course you could go ballistic and generate a ton of your own courses, not publish them and play offline.

Not quite what I was getting at.  Still use the HB server for uploading/publishing courses as it is used today.  When playing a round and selecting a course, then, have a checkbox option for "Save Course Locally" (or something like that).  if turned on and you start your round, the course file would be downloaded (which it does anyway for playing) and saved to a permanent location on the console/machine.  Then, any time you replay that course, it would see that it's available locally and would load it from there without the need to pull it down from the server every time.

Seems like a very basic design that should have been incorporated.

Pretty sure the rules for saving user-created content on consoles are pretty strict and may be the main reason this functionality does not exist.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Ramjet36

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:28 AM »
Seems like you could just add one of those fine print disclaimers to the game that nobody reads but all check off to sign over your rights to created content.
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 09:18:45 AM »
ALL the issues are primarily tied to the server issues. Once those are solved many of the problems will be gone.
I played TGC1 a few weeks ago and trying to send a game invite to a friend was very monotonous,took an age to receive, also friends starting rounds notifications were very sporadic,this 3 years after release so we will still be plagued with these annoyances

snarls200

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 12:30:15 PM »
For the reupload issue they can do what the WWE games do and let the creator decide if it can be reuploaded.

At worst they could allow download of same platform courses

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
For the reupload issue they can do what the WWE games do and let the creator decide if it can be reuploaded.

At worst they could allow download of same platform courses

Yeah, there has to be a data base for courses on their server(s), why not allow designers to request they be given the file (published of course) so that they can upload to a site where we, the players, can download it.

Published, we can't change anything.

Links Corner handled this awesomely.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
ALL the issues are primarily tied to the server issues. Once those are solved many of the problems will be gone.
I played TGC1 a few weeks ago and trying to send a game invite to a friend was very monotonous,took an age to receive, also friends starting rounds notifications were very sporadic,this 3 years after release so we will still be plagued with these annoyances
MP was and is still an afterthought for this game. They designed it for one player on purpose.

Whether smart or not having any MP is more than originally intended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DeadlyPurpose

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »
So I've been reading through the topics and comments on all 3 platforms and General and the overwhelming feeling is that this is a terrible launch to the game. Technical issues, server issues, online issues, multiplayer and single-player career issues. It's basically an unplayable mess of a game. My question is this:

Is this what you intended to make? Is this what you spent the last two years making? Why release a game with so many issues? Exactly what is the mindset of the developer's at this point? I think it's safe to say that this has been one big bungle of a launch and it hasn't even released in Europe yet. What is your plan going forward?

How are you going to make this right with all your supporters and gamers that paid money for your game in good faith?

Still waiting on answer for these questions from a developer? It's Friday, almost Saturday and I still can't get on reliably. Where's the explanation? Are you just that bad at your jobs or is there some unforeseen complication hindering your game from performing correctly?

DeadlyPurpose

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 02:31:57 AM »
"They fixed the first one." This isn't a good enough excuse for the piece of crap they just released, people. That they will fix it someday shouldn't purchase them goodwill. A people should never be afraid of their government, a government should be afraid of it's people. Same goes for these fly-by-night game developers. Just because they changed a few things doesn't earn them allegiance. We should demand a better developed, more expanded product from these designers. They think they can get away with anything, but we demand more. If there's no improvement, as a matter of fact a general backtracking, then we should demand our hard-earned money back.

Enough with the smoke and mirrors. A new improved product should be new and improved. Instead, this golf game and games of it's ilk charge more money for less returns. Enough is enough. Hold these con-artists responsible. Software is as much a product as food in this new, burgeoning world. They will take our money as long as we let them.

Enough is enough. Take back your power by denying these moneygrabbing companies their profits.

Anquila1978

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 02:38:34 AM »
Can you spend this energy and rhetoric on real injustice in you area, it would make a difference

"Same as food" - ridiculous

First world problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

DeadlyPurpose

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 02:40:39 AM »
Can you spend this energy and rhetoric on real injustice in you area, it would make a difference

First world problems

Yeah, you're not biased at all, Senior Member.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2017, 03:16:05 AM »
As a true video golf fan, I give hb credit for having balls big enough to enter the market.  In fact, I thank them for it because it has brought me years of satisfaction and good friends..  shame hb all you want, but they're  mammoths in my eyes and many many others.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2017, 03:51:10 AM »
"They fixed the first one." This isn't a good enough excuse for the piece of crap they just released, people. That they will fix it someday shouldn't purchase them goodwill. A people should never be afraid of their government, a government should be afraid of it's people. Same goes for these fly-by-night game developers. Just because they changed a few things doesn't earn them allegiance. We should demand a better developed, more expanded product from these designers. They think they can get away with anything, but we demand more. If there's no improvement, as a matter of fact a general backtracking, then we should demand our hard-earned money back.

Enough with the smoke and mirrors. A new improved product should be new and improved. Instead, this golf game and games of it's ilk charge more money for less returns. Enough is enough. Hold these con-artists responsible. Software is as much a product as food in this new, burgeoning world. They will take our money as long as we let them.

Enough is enough. Take back your power by denying these moneygrabbing companies their profits.

Funny rant. Now get off the soapbox and back to earning minimum wage.

If those 30$ matters to you - don't buy a video game with them. Simple as that.

Anquila1978

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2017, 04:26:47 AM »

First world problems

Yeah, you're not biased at all, Senior Member.

Hahahaha

Here trolly trolly trolly

Senior Member also means I have out grown the petulant newbie stage then

I am not the one comparing the need for food with functionality of computer servers

Your dissatisfaction with the first days has been voiced, your multiple posts on the same subject has now put you in negative credibility, now including conspiracy theory

The sooner you and your IP address are "terminated" from this forum the better

Away and stamp your feet in the corner Biased newbie troll

Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2017, 07:27:58 AM »
The simplest answer to your question is ...just stop playing it for now, come back in a few weeks and see if things have changed.

If you can't get a refund, then there nothing that will satisfy you, so rather than give yourself an ulcer, just walk away for now.

space-cash