Course Designer is S-L-O-W

• 22 Replies

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »
I now see my sculpts after i move off the green and come back.  STUPID!!!  Hopefully this is fixed...things are slow enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »
I'm beginning to think from the lack of response from the devs even though the questions have been posed respectfully  is that there will be no improvement in the speed or they're not sure if it can be improved yet.
I surely hope not.  Its almost better to design tour course on tgc1 and port it over minus planting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:39 PM »
To me i am finding the designer ok,with a new plot,Anything with any planting detail or hills and shadows the TGC2 designer hates it,Now understand why alot of the stock courses are flat,Flat courses look good in tgc2,anything else looks good one way not good the other.

titaneddie

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Yeltz, I like the new things in the designer and I don't ever expect it to run as fast and smooth as on PC, but we shouldn't be going backwards. I mean its an integral part of keeping this game fresh so if anything they should be trying to speed things up for us. Obviously I have no idea the limitations and obstacles they have to deal with, so that's why I was just looking for an explanation as to what our expectations should be.

PithyDoctorG

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »
I've found it's slow whether I'm starting a new course from scratch or importing a partially finished TGC1 course (object meter was ~25% full). I think it's just very slow for the Xbox to render the enhanced graphics when you place something (doesn't seem to matter if it's a tree, a texture, sculpting, or even something as trivial as placing a new pin).
TGC2 Designs:

Twin Canyons Golf Club
The Aventinus Club
West Neck Golf Links

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »
I agree Gameplay aside,few little additions to designer the game at the moment as gone backwards.

VctryLnSprts

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »
I've now started a course from scratch, with no autogen features, all of the trees, plants, and rocks are at zero, and every time I place a surface or raise/flatten land it takes 3+ seconds. Very annoying at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VctryLnSprts

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
Just did a bunch of finicky detail work on my first hole of my new course and the designer went black. I was saving often but only about every twenty minutes. I'm done designing for a while, it's too brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash