Are you Kidding me ?

• 38 Replies

Darth Gunner

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 08:11:50 AM »
Running smooth as glass for me. This is even on my second set up I have upstairs with the old Xbox one , older 1080 tv and wifi. Having a blast. Broke par for first time with no aids too!

I don't want to be THAT guy, but I have a hard time buying that.
Maybe this guy doesn't play much, but anyone with any serious time in the game knows it is FAR from smooth as glass.
I play with a lively bunch of fellas, and we have had a VERY bad time of it.
Even when it is not randomly disconnecting 5 or 6 times per round - we frequently cannot see each other online, or join each others rounds.
I know the stats say a majority of players never play with others, but for those of us who do, this launch has been a nightmare of frustrations.
Then to top it off, if we get frustrated and try to just play career, it bombs out after an event or two - and career becomes completely unplayable.

If we cannot get connected at all, and try to fall back to TGC 1 - the servers will not connect there either.

I can see OPs point more than a little.
Even if his delivery lacks class - it does not make him wrong at the heart of it.
It gets old PAYING to be a beta tester for some of these games.

Not a hater - not a fan boy - just tired of paying for betas

nine

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 11:23:50 AM »
Well said.

Fix it.

Negan

FRSTDWN

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Running smooth as glass for me. This is even on my second set up I have upstairs with the old Xbox one , older 1080 tv and wifi. Having a blast. Broke par for first time with no aids too!

Maybe this guy doesn't play much, but anyone with any serious time in the game knows it is FAR from smooth as glass.
Even when it is not randomly disconnecting 5 or 6 times per round - we frequently cannot see each other online, or join each others rounds.
I know the stats say a majority of players never play with others, but for those of us who do, this launch has been a nightmare of frustrations.
Then to top it off, if we get frustrated and try to just play career, it bombs out after an event or two - and career becomes completely unplayable.

If we cannot get connected at all, and try to fall back to TGC 1 - the servers will not connect there either.

Even if his delivery lacks class - it does not make him wrong at the heart of it.

I was out of town and got back Friday. So Friday night is the first time I got any real time with the game. I had no real problems. I played 2 live turn matches and they ran well. I played some ghost turn matches no problems. Saturday I played only ghost matches and one society round. Had one crash and putter lag here and there .

I do not play carreer I have no interest so can't comment on that. I actually hate offline play and would prefer a more robust online MP on par with other golf games but HB has decided that crowds and playing against imaginary people offline is more important.

I have no reason to lie. My guess is because I missed out on the first couple of days the game came out I missed a lot of the major issues.

Hope it gets better.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

SigMike02

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
It'll get better as they patch things. Takes a bit of time. I can't read a putt right now to save my round. The lag has thrown me off a few times as well. I try to check it before I take a swing, doesn't always happen.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »

I was a beta tester and was NOT paid a dime to test, don't know where you come up with that statement because is it BS.  I have also played since the beta and NEVER had a disconnect. I am not saying this does not happen and understand from reading the forums there have been issues with the PS4 systems which they are working on.
I also play steadily with a group of friends, never once could I not find them in a game, quite frankly if they are on your friend list there is no need to look for me to look for them, since when I start a game it sends them notification I have started a game up on  so n so course and all they have to do is hop into my game.

I am on PC and a long time gamer so I can understand frustrations when a game does not work as should and for those who are having problems I sympathize with you, but to blatantly come here and Assume that the beta testers were paid to do so makes tells me that you are ill informed when it comes to designers who give permissions to beta test a game.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:14:27 PM by Inflames47 »

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 11:16:25 PM »

I was a beta tester and was NOT paid a dime to test, don't know where you come up with that statement because is it BS.  I have also played since the beta and NEVER had a disconnect. I am not saying this does not happen and understand from reading the forums there have been issues with the PS4 systems which they are working on.
I also play steadily with a group of friends, never once could I not find them in a game, quite frankly if they are on your friend list there is no need to look for me to look for them, since when I start a game it sends them notification I have started a game up on  so n so course and all they have to do is hop into my game.

I am on PC and a long time gamer so I can understand frustrations when a game does not work as should and for those who are having problems I sympathize with you, but to blatantly come here and Assume that the beta testers were paid to do so makes tells me that you are ill informed when it comes to designers who give permissions to beta test a game.

That isn't what he said at ALL

He said he paid for the game and it's still basically a beta due to having all the troubles upon release

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »

That isn't what he said at ALL

He said he paid for the game and it's still basically a beta due to having all the troubles upon release

I guess it is how one will interpret the sentence when reading it. Thanks for clearing that up, because they way I read into it was different than what it meant.  So rather than deleting the post will just admit I interpreted that wrong, go get a coffee and clearly wake up before making an ass out of myself.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 12:29:10 AM »
Played 2 rounds tonight with no glitches or disconnects.

Tomorrow night will be my next try at turn-based MP. Hope they got that portion fixed as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Biodynamix

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 09:55:54 AM »
Is there some sort of TGC cult thing going on?  There are plenty of posts where experienced forum members are being sarcy, snarky and almost rude to people who, while maybe not exactly polite themselves, actually have valid issues with the game.

If you're having no problems on over-specced PCs that's fine.  But it seems, on console at least, this game doesn't work well.  It may be my lack of experience, but I've not encountered a game as clunky and problematic as TGC2 currently is.  The editor's almost unusable.  The game crashes a lot while you're just playing a round of golf.  Which is the very least you'd expect it to be able to do.  Some of the courses released with the game are embarrassing and the experience of playing the game is worse than the previous version.

TGC was clearly a niche game by a lesser developer and they deserve credit for what they did with it.  The community has been a big part of what it's become too and for those of us looking for an alternative golf game, it's promised and delivered a lot.  But currently, this version is just looking ill thought out, poorly executed and possibly just a cynical cash grab from it's user base.  Considering how little that seems to have been added to the game, it doesn't make sense that it's running so badly.

I'm inclined to think the games nicheness and it's hardcore community are actually part of the problem.  It doesn't seem like the games been developed for console gamers at all.  But clearly that's the market where you'll sell more copies of the game.  If it's been developed for PC, but with the aim to sell it mainly to console players, then it's no wonder it's got the problems it's got.

Obviously the only thing I can speak for is my experience so far and the rest is just speculation.  If I've wasted £30 on a game, so be it.  It's not the first time and won't be the last either.  And before someone replies saying they'll patch it and it'll get better, I can assure you I understand and will stick with it.  But some of the stuff that's in the new release can't be taken away.  If it's been tested with every potential user in mind, then they either had the wrong testers or simply refused to act on the feedback that was given.  That can't be the fault of the person buying the game.  No matter how much you want to believe it, assert it and for whatever your reasons are for doing so.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
The only problem I really have with lag is the putting. It's driving me nuts.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »
Is there some sort of TGC cult thing going on?  There are plenty of posts where experienced forum members are being sarcy, snarky and almost rude to people who, while maybe not exactly polite themselves, actually have valid issues with the game.

If you're having no problems on over-specced PCs that's fine.  But it seems, on console at least, this game doesn't work well.  It may be my lack of experience, but I've not encountered a game as clunky and problematic as TGC2 currently is.  The editor's almost unusable.  The game crashes a lot while you're just playing a round of golf.  Which is the very least you'd expect it to be able to do.  Some of the courses released with the game are embarrassing and the experience of playing the game is worse than the previous version.

TGC was clearly a niche game by a lesser developer and they deserve credit for what they did with it.  The community has been a big part of what it's become too and for those of us looking for an alternative golf game, it's promised and delivered a lot.  But currently, this version is just looking ill thought out, poorly executed and possibly just a cynical cash grab from it's user base.  Considering how little that seems to have been added to the game, it doesn't make sense that it's running so badly.

I'm inclined to think the games nicheness and it's hardcore community are actually part of the problem.  It doesn't seem like the games been developed for console gamers at all.  But clearly that's the market where you'll sell more copies of the game.  If it's been developed for PC, but with the aim to sell it mainly to console players, then it's no wonder it's got the problems it's got.

Obviously the only thing I can speak for is my experience so far and the rest is just speculation.  If I've wasted £30 on a game, so be it.  It's not the first time and won't be the last either.  And before someone replies saying they'll patch it and it'll get better, I can assure you I understand and will stick with it.  But some of the stuff that's in the new release can't be taken away.  If it's been tested with every potential user in mind, then they either had the wrong testers or simply refused to act on the feedback that was given.  That can't be the fault of the person buying the game.  No matter how much you want to believe it, assert it and for whatever your reasons are for doing so.

The simple fact is there are people in this forum who have somehow convinced themselves they're something other than just customers who bought the game.  They take any possible issue as a personal insult as if they helped create the game.

Just ignore those people
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »

Some users here are wanna be PGA Tour Pros or game Producers and they are angry they did not get the kind of game they wanted.

Sorry you are getting the vibe you are. I think there are alot of emotions running rampant here with the launch of the game.

I can just imagine it is not easy being in your shoes having paid for a game that is certainly not working well for you.

Hope you can hang in there until they get the network data issues resolved which impact large portions of the game.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

SigMike02

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 05:45:25 PM »

I was out of town and got back Friday. So Friday night is the first time I got any real time with the game. I had no real problems. I played 2 live turn matches and they ran well. I played some ghost turn matches no problems. Saturday I played only ghost matches and one society round. Had one crash and putter lag here and there .

I do not play carreer I have no interest so can't comment on that. I actually hate offline play and would prefer a more robust online MP on par with other golf games but HB has decided that crowds and playing against imaginary people offline is more important.

I have no reason to lie. My guess is because I missed out on the first couple of days the game came out I missed a lot of the major issues.

Hope it gets better.

Probably since Saturday morning, I haven't had much of an issue playing the game as far as being disconnected and features not working. Before Saturday, from day of launch until maybe mid day Friday it was difficult to play. Others may still be having the issues that have already been stated. I know playing turn based stroke play with more than 2 golfers is struggle. I believe what FRSTDWN is saying and I believe what you're saying. However, day by day it's getting better.

People need to understand (including myself at times), it's going to take some time to get things ironed out. I can't remember the last time a game that has launched without any problems or day 1 updates to fix problems or whatever. This isn't the first time and it sure won't be the last.

Darth Gunner

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 07:14:33 AM »
Wow!
Dinna mean to kick the hornet nest there.
For the record, yes, I was saying it gets old paying for a game that still felt very beta.
Connection is mostly solid these days, still get the odd lockup where screen freezes, makes buzzing sound and crashes to dashboard.

It has been a rocky launch for sure. 
Nothing like Fallout New Vegas rough, but hard to compare a completely offline single player game to one that is ALWAYS online, often needlessly.

I think it is cool that people are so into the game, but Biodynamix nailed it hardcore.
Often feels like there are more people being apologists for the devs than people discussing issues on here.

I had to double check and make sure I was posting in the XBONE section, for all the folks jumping in saying how great it runs on PC.
Maybe the threads cross over?  I dunno.  Maybe the first one was this way at launch too, I dinna find it until it had been out a good while.

Now if they can just keep the connections up, fix career and negative balances, and maybe split the first game and this one server side (so you can still play the first game when TGC2 servers need tweeking)
Not a hater - not a fan boy - just tired of paying for betas

jack d and coke

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 08:09:53 AM »

I can't believe not many people use the online modes myself. It's almost all I use, few beers and a round and a laugh with some mates.
It's needs sorted pronto.

space-cash