A week in and thoughts as I see them HB

• 22 Replies

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »
I love the game. Let me say that. But these things need to be addressed to make it even better.

Server issues it is what it is. I have been playing on PC since Tuesday afternoon and it has been great. Been on and off PS4 but the laggy framerate and slow loading screens just aren't doing it for me.

Greens have mystery breaks a la TGC1 on right to left putts only. Should have been addressed before importing green grids to TGC2 knowing it was a known issue

Stats are messed up. My stats show like a 9 foot putt longest putt. I know that is wrong.

Society event showed everybody had picked up a win after the 1st event

5 societies is not nearly enough for the hardcore gamer. 10 would be better. Hopefully a fix in the next update. HB offers no currency for their events even though they have a big bank? Also why do I have to look through 150 pages of societies to try and find ones with lots of members if I want to try to win more currency. About 90% of the societies have 3 member or less. Took forever to look through all these. Need a filter labeled "Members Highest to lowest"

Ghosts seem random when they hit. Sometimes they wait on the fairway and sometimes they finish the hole

Tourney winds seem whacked. I had people outdrive me by 40 yards and I am using tour clubs. other times I outdrive them

Side winds seem the effect the ball more on PC than PS4. I did a test on this in 13 MPH winds.

I play a lot of regular rounds and John's commentary is exactly the same as TGC1. The society tourneys are new and refreshed so that is good. But the problem is you limit the societies I can join so I have to play more regular rounds and it is really repetitive. I know I can turn him off but why should I have to.

Pretty sure pitch shots in TGC2 aren't effected by the wind at all. Hit into a 13 MPH headwind 75 yards out and flew 15 feet past the hole

Still have yet to figure out multiplayer if we can call it that.

On long putts (50 feet and out) the ball seems to fly and I mean fly off the putter head and it looks like you will blow by the hole by some 20 feet only to have it stop a few feet away. Kudos for not having the ball stick on red/yellow slopes anymore

Hitting greens with fairway woods only to watch the ball hit the brake pedal after about 8-10 feet after it hits the green (you can see it for a second slow down dramatically) only to have a 10 foot putt for eagle. That ball should be rolling off the green. Also max firm is not firm enough for TGC2

I'm sure there is more but this is what I can think of at the moment

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:00:57 PM by burton31cat »

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »
Need a filter labeled "Members Highest to lowest"

+1

philkid

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
Loving the game so far but agree with all the points above. I would also add in the following
1. Leaderboards - I don't want to see the final score for the round until it's over. Surely there is a quick fix to reveal scores hole by hole like TGC.
2. Find me option - if you aren't on the front page of the leaderboard there is no quick way to find yourself. Strange as in career you can see yourself at the bottom but in society I can't see anything.
3. Search functions - just in general are pretty poor. I just keep getting the TGC official courses all the time. Even on suggested courses.
4. Laggy menus & interface - just everything in general on PS4 seems so slow.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 10:09:19 PM »
this may sound very harsh,but if this gameplay/firmness was in tgc1 with how that was working it would be the perfect game.To me at the moment take the gameplay away this game  not got alot going for it,im sure it will improve in time it needs to.

Royce

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »
Max firm is now way too soft
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »
this may sound very harsh,but if this gameplay/firmness was in tgc1 with how that was working it would be the perfect game.To me at the moment take the gameplay away this game  not got alot going for it,im sure it will improve in time it needs to.

Users said the same thing about TGC1.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Royce

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:42:28 PM »
I love the game.

Ghosts seem random when they hit. Sometimes they wait on the fairway and sometimes they finish the hole

I also love it but boy oh boy did HB dong up live play and ghost balls.  Johneric was absolutely right, what a total turd mess you guys made of something that worked reasonable well in TGC.  And I cant keep pace with my playing partner ghosts in society play, they are on the next hole while I'm reading my putt lol
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 01:49:27 AM »
Agree with OP 100%
i will....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 01:59:26 AM »
Players club will rule the world.

No doubt about it.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 02:09:15 AM »
I love the game.

I also love it but boy oh boy did HB dong up live play and ghost balls.  Johneric was absolutely right, what a total turd mess you guys made of something that worked reasonable well in TGC.  And I cant keep pace with my playing partner ghosts in society play, they are on the next hole while I'm reading my putt lol
I have a feeling the lid is going to get blown off soon in regards to multiplayer.
I really hope hb has done well enough with sales to put their minds to action in fixing the confusing craziness..    I think getting a few working game modes in for live players would go a long way in stopping the bleeding.  Skins with an option to wager funds would benefit them greatly as well.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Nzer

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 05:19:03 AM »
Menus and loading is so slow on the PS4.  Everything takes forever.  and dat lighting..

alegunner68

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 06:04:14 AM »
Glad you mentioned the lighting, what's going on there? Some courses are a total whiteout.

ACES-R-WILD_

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
i would have never built a firm course on tgc 1 , now thats all ill do on tgc2 i have 225 yard par 3 and you can fire at the pin with both a 5 wood or 1 iron and green speed is 170 so i turned up the green speed to 187 and it rolled out maybe another yard or so firm seems more like medium in this game every club holds well
Robert Trent Jones Golf Club (RCR)
Copperhead at Innisbrook Resort (RCR)
Quail Hollow Club  (RCR)
Bethpage Black - Pga 19 (RCR)
RTJ Golf Trail - Ross Bridge (RCR)
Cog Hill #4-Dubsdread (L)  RCR
Medinah CC #3 (L)
Muirfield Village GC (L)

BSmooth13

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:47 AM »
Greens have mystery breaks a la TGC1 on right to left putts only. Should have been addressed before importing green grids to TGC2 knowing it was a known issue
This X1000

I mean, it's not even close sometimes, and it makes reading putts basically a guessing game of luck at times. I don't really understand how this wasn't addressed through all the beta play, it's a pretty obvious flaw.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »

Played 3 tournament rounds with ghosts and they played in sync with me with turn order enabled. (PC version)

Agree with all of the above.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

space-cash