A week in and thoughts as I see them HB

• 22 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »
Greens have mystery breaks a la TGC1 on right to left putts only. Should have been addressed before importing green grids to TGC2 knowing it was a known issue
This X1000

I mean, it's not even close sometimes, and it makes reading putts basically a guessing game of luck at times. I don't really understand how this wasn't addressed through all the beta play, it's a pretty obvious flaw.

About the putting....are you noticing this when you are putting and the ball comes of the putter head right to left? If so, there is an issue where the grid is not reporting all of the break just in front of the golfer on SOME holes, not all. When you make the putt and it veers more left then you expected, the come-backer usually reveals the actual slope of the putt you just had and shows it was much more severe than the camera/grid you had before you made that putt. It will manifest itself as a slight mound and whenever you see this, hit the Y button, then scroll around behind the cup with your swing stick and get the camera low to the ground and you can then see the mound that the grid is not representing properly.

They need to get this fixed, otherwise folks are going to think the putting mechanic is broken. IMO, putting is sublime in this game as well as TOUR clubs....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Reppdogg

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »
I'd like to see ghosts automatically added before you play with friends list being first priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superace33

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »
I'll stick it out with TGC2 because I know they will correct these issues in due time but wow how could they have sooo many problems and screwy features. They had a great game to work off of and they botched the hell out of it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BSmooth13

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
About the putting....are you noticing this when you are putting and the ball comes of the putter head right to left? If so, there is an issue where the grid is not reporting all of the break just in front of the golfer on SOME holes, not all. When you make the putt and it veers more left then you expected, the come-backer usually reveals the actual slope of the putt you just had and shows it was much more severe than the camera/grid you had before you made that putt. It will manifest itself as a slight mound and whenever you see this, hit the Y button, then scroll around behind the cup with your swing stick and get the camera low to the ground and you can then see the mound that the grid is not representing properly.

They need to get this fixed, otherwise folks are going to think the putting mechanic is broken. IMO, putting is sublime in this game as well as TOUR clubs....
I would say more often than not, bead movement is inaccurate, and it's not just the first few boxes in front of the putter, for me at least. I am using the scout cam, getting to ground level, and slowly moving the camera so that horizontal gridlines run across the bottom of my monitor (PC). The vast majority of gridlines without any bead movement are actually slanted - however slightly, though sometimes not so slightly - from right-to-left. It's almost like the slope generated by the game which dictates bead movement is tilted a few degrees right of the actual grid that is shown, which makes them move slower (if at all) on putts breaking left. So basically it just becomes a guessing game for me on how much a given putt will break hard left based on the slant of horizontal green gridlines compared to the flat level of the bottom of my monitor. And to your last point, yes, I would agree that this is throwing a wrench into getting a concrete feel for the new putting mechanism - it's incredibly challenging/frustrating to try and get a feel for the speed and line of putts when the graphical indicators that dictate those elements are inaccurate.

This isn't a "Oh GOD, this game is broken, refund me now!" post  ;D. IMO, it does seem to be something pretty glaringly obvious that has a major impact on a fundamental element of gameplay, and something I would really like to see addressed in whatever patch/update HB decides to deliver.

Rjwils30

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »
Love the roll but i agree we need a firmer option.
Blue River Dunes GC
Elysian Downs Golf Club
Falling Water Golf Club
Reverand Green Golf Club
Ellie Cliffs
Ollie Heath
The Sandbelt
Ollie Links
New Highland Dunes GC

Zotikos72

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »
I had not bought TGC1 because I thought the swing easy and unreal, but now the game is awsome. Unfortunately, there are some things, IMO, that should be corrected in order to became it excellent.

The tournaments should have a cut after the second round as in real life;
A way easier to edit the names of the tournaments and fictional players;
Why we can choose where drop the ball and can't choose the position of the tee in the start of hole?
Correct the efect of the wind;
Different conditions for each round in a tournament, as discussed in other post.

WildLightning

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
I had not bought TGC1 because I thought the swing easy and unreal, but now the game is awsome. Unfortunately, there are some things, IMO, that should be corrected in order to became it excellent.

The tournaments should have a cut after the second round as in real life;
A way easier to edit the names of the tournaments and fictional players;
Why we can choose where drop the ball and can't choose the position of the tee in the start of hole?
Correct the efect of the wind;
Different conditions for each round in a tournament, as discussed in other post.

Tournaments can't have cuts because you have no idea when someone is going to play their rounds.  Some people will blaze through all 4 rounds before others even start their first round.  Different conditions absolutely needs to be implemented. 

liquidsnake000

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »
Once you edit the names in career mode can you save it, I edited a load of players but then once I start another season they all seemed to reset to what they was before.
bring on 2019 tgc.

space-cash