Ability to change the view

• 16 Replies

leslie.sangster

« on: August 26, 2017, 04:01:13 AM »
Can we change the view like we could in the first game so that we can see the swing from in front of the golfer when the view is blocked by a tree or tall grass/bushes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THERAYaka

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:11:35 AM »
Yes, press down on the stick that you don't use to swing.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:15:07 AM »
I think I've tried that but can't remember, I am old. I should have put I'm on Xbox

Gasman

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 04:54:31 AM »
Approach camera only works when within about 70 yards of the pin other than that your playing blind.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 05:18:48 AM »
Approach camera only works when within about 70 yards of the pin other than that your playing blind.
I'm sure in the first game you could change the view so you were looking from the front even on the tee and swing from that position or maybe it was another game.
I only need to do it when my golfer is behind a tree and I can't see him to swing usually close to the green.

THERAYaka

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 06:44:11 AM »
I'm on Xbox as well, and it works for me. Let me know once you've tried it.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 06:47:45 AM »
I'm on Xbox as well, and it works for me. Let me know once you've tried it.

So move to the side view so you can see your golfer after you have lined your shot up then press in the right stick because I swing with the left one.

THERAYaka

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »
I'm away from my console right now, but no need to move to side view...just press in the right stick to cycle through view options. When I get home in an hour and a half I'll verify for you.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 07:08:13 AM »
I'm away from my console right now, but no need to move to side view...just press in the right stick to cycle through view options. When I get home in an hour and a half I'll verify for you.

The right stick pressed in allows you to move through different views low down normal then further back and up. In the original game you could press one of the buttons and get a view at about 45deg. Angle then press a button and it would let you swing from that view in the original game but I haven't found it in this game.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 07:12:15 AM »
I know how to change your main shot view the same as changing to an overhead view on the putter.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 09:15:17 AM »
Do you mean change the view to looking at your avatar from in front and THEN being able to swing?

I don't think we could do that in TGC1, could we?

leslie.sangster

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
Do you mean change the view to looking at your avatar from in front and THEN being able to swing?

I don't think we could do that in TGC1, could we?
We could I used to do it for chipping it was handy if you were hidden by a bush or tall grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
Xbox I could do it on the first game but I don't think you can do it on the second

RHINO4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »
XB1 you can change views pre shot with the stick... same as TGC1.  One thing i accidentally found out was post shot views can be changed while ball is in flight or after you putt by pressing the directional pad in one of the 4 directions .  Its pretty cool and really nice on putts that are blocked by your character.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »
XB1 you can change views pre shot with the stick... same as TGC1.  One thing i accidentally found out was post shot views can be changed while ball is in flight or after you putt by pressing the directional pad in one of the 4 directions .  Its pretty cool and really nice on putts that are blocked by your character.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That isn't what he means you can't take a shot from a different angle using the main camera views but you can with the approach and putting  cameras.
Yes that's what I'm on about skimming-stones for when your view is blocked by a tree.

space-cash