Advice&a apology

• 10 Replies

weasek

« on: September 24, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »
I was struggling with my drives&out of the ruff always slicing with perfect tempo,on the xbox &playing on tour with normal control set up.&I put on this forum moaning about it.i just wanted to apologise to all who read it&hold my hands up as it was my fault all along.skimming stones gave me great advice about moving stick from 7 to 1 o clock to hook the opposite to what I thought would cure a slice.now i have played about 8 rounds &no problem &I understand the controls far better.i found a happy meduim to keep the ball straight.i feel like a complete prat as was my fault all along&I am really sorry I complained so sorry hb plus everyone else.i am a muppet ;).i hope this might help someone else &put the record straight

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
I don't think you have anything to apologise for,i still can not play this game on xbox,but really enjoying my sand trap rounds on ps4,So its down to a controller if you enjoy the game or not,I still think there's a problem on xbox either controller wise or game wise but in the end i have given up on it just hope others on xbox have not done the same.

2 eagles on a long par 4 in the Sand trap event (same hole),i can play game but not on xbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBtXhokPkw

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:05:09 AM by Yeltzman »

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
I Have given up on xbox to yeltz.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »
Can't play with all club sets?

I play just fine on the XBox with Player club set.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 10:48:12 AM »
265 clubs unplayable for me on xbox,Perfect for my game on ps4

Others have problems,others have no problems so in the end i have got to say i have just moved on to another system.

philby85

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
No probs on xbox with any club set. Using one s bluetooth controller.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:26 PM »
No probs on xbox with any club set. Using one s bluetooth controller.

Ditto with Elite controller.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
Just shot a 62 so going pretty good here on Xbox. Friend list has a lot guys playing and seeing some low scores.  Feel for guys having issues but maybe it isn't just the controller. I don't know.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

weasek

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 07:06:19 AM »
99% of the time I am fine now.if the course has alot going on it can sutter a few times which can be annoying.i really hoped they might patch it to optimize the performance a bit for courses like that.but apart from that any mistakes are mine now I think I can now swing straight most of the time with tour set.really hoping the scorpio will make the game run a little better so won't struggle on those few courses.

Royce

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
Just shot a 62 so going pretty good here on Xbox. Friend list has a lot guys playing and seeing some low scores.  Feel for guys having issues but maybe it isn't just the controller. I don't know.

Yep never understood the issues people seem to have with just XB. 

Is it more difficult than other platforms?  No doubt since we don't have a straight edge to run our mouse against and obviously the PS4 controller much more forgiving but I don't have any complaints on XB......my newest XB1S wireless controller hits the most consistently (I only use it to golf), but when I have live mates over to play I use one of my older controllers and still can keep it within reason even with a worn out stick.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »

No doubt since we don't have a straight edge to run our mouse against and obviously the PS4 controller much more forgiving

After purchasing a new PS4 controller to add to my collection of 3 older PS4 controllers I broke down AGAIN and purchased a wired Xbox One controller for Windows.  I can now hit the ball fairly consistently straight (close or on the center line in the shot cone) with my new Xbox One controller where as I could not consistently keep my swing results even in the cone on any of my PS4 controllers.

Now I still need to work on getting a consistent P/P tempo or at least a S/P tempo.  :-\

-MERACE

space-cash