Advice on elite controller please

• 23 Replies

weasek

« on: October 02, 2017, 06:44:48 AM »
Hello to anyone with a elite controller.over the weekend I played loads of tgc 2 with my standard controller.what I found is that after alot of use the stick goes like jelly&makes the game twice as hard as it normally is.makes it really hard to swing straight.i just wondered if the elite controllers sticks are better than this&won't go like that after playing tgc alot.nothing wrong with the game itself but it's so important to what your controller is like.completely ruined my tgc tours round was all over the place with the stick.if you leave it for a while the stick seems to stiffen up again then it's fine again for a while.thanks

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:43:34 AM »
Xbox controllers are poor quality.  They’re designed so that we buy or replace them annually if you play a lot

Jeff471

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
Xbox controllers are poor quality.  They’re designed so that we buy or replace them annually if you play a lot

Buying a new controller once a year according to you makes them “poor quality”? Even if they get used a ton during the year? My sons ps4 controllers must be complete **** then as he’s worn through two already this year. Xbox controllers are second only to the Atari 2600 joysticks from way back then. Xbox quality has always been great for me. The elites are tempting but haven’t pulled the trigger to buy one yet. Btw I’m still using my original xbone controller from 2 years ago.

weasek

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »
Yeah I didn't know if to try the elite too.i got my 1st child on the way so bit tighter with the cash these days so didn't know if the elite would work better than the standard with tgc. Gotta clear the purchase with the wife too  :)  .the standard one i got is awful if you play 2 rounds tho.&it's my fav game I have so ??

THERAYaka

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »
I have both, the Elite and Standard. For The Golf Club 2, I would recommend the standard...and get the wired Standard. The Elite has too much play in the thumbsticks.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
I have both, the Elite and Standard. For The Golf Club 2, I would recommend the standard...and get the wired Standard. The Elite has too much play in the thumbsticks.

My Elite has no play at all in the analog sticks. The old one didn’t and the new one doesn’t.

Contact MS and see if they will do a one time Frye replacement like they did for me and several folks I know of.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

THERAYaka

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »

My Elite has no play at all in the analog sticks. The old one didn’t and the new one doesn’t.

Contact MS and see if they will do a one time Frye replacement like they did for me and several folks I know of.
Thanks for the advice Divot, I'll check into it. I've had it for over a year but rarely use it, I'm just trying to give it a try for TGCTours. I'm hoping that with time I'll get used to it.

weasek

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »
Do you turn the stick sensitivity when you use it for tgc.i really need a new controller I played last night the stick is really shot to bits when using it for tgc.i wonder if to get a cheap wired one.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 10:07:12 AM »
Do you turn the stick sensitivity when you use it for tgc.i really need a new controller I played last night the stick is really shot to bits when using it for tgc.i wonder if to get a cheap wired one.

My Elite analog sticks are set to Default as the other settings have no impact on the swing.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

weasek

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »
Ok thank you I really don't know what to do the Mrs will kill me if I buy a elite ha!!really starting to think controllers are not up to the job

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 12:41:50 PM »
I bought one about 3-4 months ago and it is the best controller I have ever had. Just feels so solid.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

weasek

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »
Ok sounds good are the sticks better for tgc?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
Yes it has a 3 sets. I use the middle set which is longer than the stock ones. I have long fingers so it helps.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

weasek

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »
Yes thank you.i brought a new wired one &I could swing straight but tempo felt completely different every thing was fast.i put it back in it's box&will be going back.you need the right controller or this game drives you mad :).

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 07:22:37 PM »

Buying a new controller once a year according to you makes them “poor quality”? Even if they get used a ton during the year? My sons ps4 controllers must be complete **** then as he’s worn through two already this year. Xbox controllers are second only to the Atari 2600 joysticks from way back then. Xbox quality has always been great for me. The elites are tempting but haven’t pulled the trigger to buy one yet. Btw I’m still using my original xbone controller from 2 years ago.

I don’t think you comprehend any of what I wrote correctly.  Sorry if it was unclear.

I was simply stating a fact that the Xbox one controllers are poor quality compared to prior Xbox 360 controllers. As such they are designed not to last and as a result, you may end up buying a new controller each year.

Also I own the Xbox elite controller and guess what, it’s poor too. I’ve had to literally take it apart and doctor it.

Overtime the thumb-sticks on both develop a permanent lean or sway due to how the sensor and boards are constructed.

Due to all the above I would not suggest to anyone to spend $150 on the elite controller. It’s great to have additional options and saved builds as well as the paddles but in my opinion it’s not worth $150.  Perhaps $79-$89

space-cash