Advice on elite controller please

• 23 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »
Xbox controllers are poor quality.  They’re designed so that we buy or replace them annually if you play a lot

Buying a new controller once a year according to you makes them “poor quality”? Even if they get used a ton during the year? My sons ps4 controllers must be complete **** then as he’s worn through two already this year. Xbox controllers are second only to the Atari 2600 joysticks from way back then. Xbox quality has always been great for me. The elites are tempting but haven’t pulled the trigger to buy one yet. Btw I’m still using my original xbone controller from 2 years ago.

I don’t think you comprehend any of what I wrote correctly.  Sorry if it was unclear.

I was simply stating a fact that the Xbox one controllers are poor quality compared to prior Xbox 360 controllers. As such they are designed not to last and as a result, you may end up buying a new controller each year.

Also I own the Xbox elite controller and guess what, it’s poor too. I’ve had to literally take it apart and doctor it.

Overtime the thumb-sticks on both develop a permanent lean or sway due to how the sensor and boards are constructed.

Due to all the above I would not suggest to anyone to spend $150 on the elite controller. It’s great to have additional options and saved builds as well as the paddles but in my opinion it’s not worth $150.  Perhaps $79-$89

You are the first person I have ever seen post comments like this about the Elite.

Your experience is the exact opposite of mine.

IMO, they are pricey, but worth every penny.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
Maybe he uses it as a hammer ? Best controller I have ever had.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

weasek

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 09:19:03 AM »
I will buy one when I trade in my xbox one  for my scorpio  (already paid for that).then I going back to tour clubs :)

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
Xbox controllers are poor quality.  They’re designed so that we buy or replace them annually if you play a lot

Buying a new controller once a year according to you makes them “poor quality”? Even if they get used a ton during the year? My sons ps4 controllers must be complete **** then as he’s worn through two already this year. Xbox controllers are second only to the Atari 2600 joysticks from way back then. Xbox quality has always been great for me. The elites are tempting but haven’t pulled the trigger to buy one yet. Btw I’m still using my original xbone controller from 2 years ago.

I don’t think you comprehend any of what I wrote correctly.  Sorry if it was unclear.

I was simply stating a fact that the Xbox one controllers are poor quality compared to prior Xbox 360 controllers. As such they are designed not to last and as a result, you may end up buying a new controller each year.

Also I own the Xbox elite controller and guess what, it’s poor too. I’ve had to literally take it apart and doctor it.

Overtime the thumb-sticks on both develop a permanent lean or sway due to how the sensor and boards are constructed.

Due to all the above I would not suggest to anyone to spend $150 on the elite controller. It’s great to have additional options and saved builds as well as the paddles but in my opinion it’s not worth $150.  Perhaps $79-$89

You are the first person I have ever seen post comments like this about the Elite.

Go look at the YouTube, fixit, Xbox feedback site, Redditt, Xbox support forum and xboxsupport twitter

There are thousands having similar experiences to mine on record.

I baby my products so to me that’s not good as my other Xbox and PC items look brand new. I even store it in the case in between sessions and rarely play FPS so it’s not due to pressing the thumbsticks in at any angles.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:34:04 PM by NewBlacksmurf »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »

Go look at the YouTube, fixit, Xbox feedback site, Redditt, Xbox support forum and xboxsupport twitter

I baby my products so to me that’s not good as my other Xbox and PC items look brand new. I even store it in the case in between sessions and rarely play FPS so it’s not due to pressing the thumbsticks in at any angles.

I do not need to go to those sites.

I am simply responding that you are the first I have heard with such comments and my experience is exactly the opposite.

Wonder why my Elite lasted 3 years and even when MS agreed to replace it for free, the pad still worked fine, the issue was with the wireless PC dongle that stopped working after a Win10 update......
PC

Xbox One X

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »

I am simply responding that you are the first I have heard with such comments and my experience is exactly the opposite.

Wonder why my Elite lasted 3 years and even when MS agreed to replace it for free, the pad still worked fine, the issue was with the wireless PC dongle that stopped working after a Win10 update......

That is great you haven’t had any negative experiences yourself.....if you’re not being impacted please ignore

For anyone who is impacted, I’m sharing so that they know they aren’t alone. Also that there little or no option for a free repair or replacement after 90 days unless you have an extended warranty which wasn’t something offered or available when I purchased mine from the retail Microsoft Store (not online)

Link: http://Http://support.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/accessories/servicing-the-Elite-controller

At the bottom of the page click to set up a repair (Repair and Service Center) and choose your Xbox one first and then select the accessory elite controller and enter the S/N

If you have purchased an extended warranty for this device it should show up but if not it’s only a 90 day limited warranty so if you didn’t pay extra for it then you’ll see this below which is only options to buy the parts we can swap out. Otherwise you’ll need to buy some basic tools off eBay in order to fix your controller yourself.

I’ve replaced both rubber grips, and the thumbsticks got loose so I followed a guide from ifixit with no issues. Good luck if you’re having issues.

Link to video of a way around the 90 day warranty. This video has all the issues I experienced except for the bumper but add in rubber grips

https://youtu.be/WhEfa-8Ew7E

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:38:34 PM by NewBlacksmurf »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »

That is great you haven’t had any negative experiences yourself.....if you’re not being impacted please ignore

For anyone who is impacted, I’m sharing so that they know they aren’t alone. Also that there little or no option for a free repair or replacement after 90 days unless you have an extended warranty which wasn’t something offered or available when I purchased mine from the retail Microsoft Store (not online)

Link: http://Http://support.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/accessories/servicing-the-Elite-controller

At the bottom of the page click to set up a repair (Repair and Service Center) and choose your Xbox one first and then select the accessory elite controller and enter the S/N

If you have purchased an extended warranty for this device it should show up but if not it’s only a 90 day limited warranty so if you didn’t pay extra for it then you’ll see this below which is only options to buy the parts we can swap out. Otherwise you’ll need to buy some basic tools off eBay in order to fix your controller yourself.

I’ve replaced both rubber grips, and the thumbsticks got loose so I followed a guide from ifixit with no issues. Good luck if you’re having issues.

Link to video of a way around the 90 day warranty. This video has all the issues I experienced except for the bumper but add in rubber grips

DO NOT tell me to ignore.

And my Elite was replaced FREE after 3 YEARS, well past the 90 days.

I know others who have enjoyed similar success.

We get it...you don't like the Elite and think it is garbage. Others feel differently.
PC

Xbox One X

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 05:17:41 PM »

DO NOT tell me to ignore.

And my Elite was replaced FREE after 3 YEARS, well past the 90 days.

I know others who have enjoyed similar success.

We get it...you don't like the Elite and think it is garbage. Others feel differently.

Are you O k man?

If you’re not having issues why are you going back and forth with me as well as expressing discontent for those who like me may be experiencing issues?

That’s great that you know others who’ve experienced positive but I personally didn’t. Also I do offer actual service assistance for Xbox support so I’m giving assistance as I have for countless others. It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of fact that thousands of customers have had less than positive experiences with the elite controller. 

It’s why I had to take a training module that was updated due to the terms and conditions being changed on warranties for Xbox products in 2015-2016.

It’s not what you’ve assumed, that I don’t like Xbox products. I still own the controller, two other Xbox one’s, 5 other working controllers and awaiting a Xbox One X as well as why I still do support for Xbox for the last 6+ years.

It is a known fact that the Xbox one controllers are not built by the same company as these new controller utilize less durable parts.  It’s cost effective but not long term durable. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:19:49 PM by NewBlacksmurf »

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
I'm fine actually, thanks for asking.....not sure what your issue is.

Look, we have had different experiences. I am not expressing discontent nor dismissing your experience or all your evidence.

Capiche'?

PC

Xbox One X

space-cash