The CGC Super 12's - Every Question Answered - UPDATED 4 NOV!!

• 4 Replies

Chelsea Saint

• Casuals Golf TV | Great Courses - In An Instant!
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »
The CGC Super 12's Series - All You Need to Know

Q - Hey Chelsea. What's all this Casuals Super 12's Series about please?

A - They are The Casuals season ending and defining double whammy of BIG money, BIGGER KUDOS three day events. Firstly on the Monday to Thursday of week twelve, 6-9 Nov - we'll be hosting The CGC 100 Real Casuals Challenger World Championships - a very big payout event EXCLUSIVELY for all our members sitting below 40th in the CGC rankings. The winner of which will become The CGC Real Casuals Season Champion! Then from Friday through Mon 10-13 Nov - The Big One! The top 40 players in our rankings will EXCLUSIVELY battle it out in a Fed Ex Cup type showdown, with the coveted CGC Champion of Champions Trophy at stake. Plus have the marvellous and unique opportunity to become the Casuals Season II Champion Player.

Q - Sounds awesome. But how will I know which event to enter?

A - On Saturday 4th Nov, two days before the Real Casuals event begins, we'll be posting the season ending top 40 CGC Final Rankings Table here - in the Casuals main topic, and over at our thread at TGCTours. From there it's relatively simple! If you're on that list you have qualified for the Champion of Champions Trophy event Fri 10-13 Nov. If you are not on that list and your hcp is below PLUS 5, you have qualified for the 'Real Casuals Challenger World Championship' event Mon 6-9 Nov.

Q - What if I enter the wrong event?

A - You'll be mercilessly tracked down and severely beaten with a selection of blunt objects! ;D I jest. You'll be contacted on PSN and politely asked to stop playing - and be directed to the correct event. If you still don't stop playing - You WILL be mercile... ;D

Q - My best event placing this season was 37th, so I'm a real Casual. I'm hoping I've got a chance of top ten in the Challenger Worlds event. Will this be possible?

A - Absolutely yes... We hope! To ensure the opportunity exists for our lesser skilled members to challenge for the title - The Real Casuals Challenger World Championship event, will feature an entry hcp restriction of PLUS 5.

Q - My mate has just joined and he's good, but his hcp is over +5 - he's obviously going to be below top 40 rank because he's not played many events. Can he not play in Super 12's?

A - Yes he can. Any player placed 41 or below in our rankings with a hcp over +5, can play in the Champion of Champions event 10-13 Nov.

Q - Ok cool, he'll be glad about that. Hey Chelsea, these events are huge! What about entry fees, bonus prize funds and purses?

A - 500 Entry fee and obviously they'll both be 100% Purses. And an unprecedented 100,000 BPF split between the two events. So huge payouts in both!

Q - Wow! That's BIG man! We'll need a great tournament ready venue for for these mega events - where are we playing?

A - The fabulous RCR by top designer FriendBomber - TPC Sawgrass. Can't wait for the epic dramas to unfold, particularly at that fantastic 17th!

Q - Cool! When are these events again?

A - CGC 100 Super 12's Event A - Real Casuals Challenger World Championships @ TPC Sawgrass - Mon-Thurs 6-9 Nov - 3D 36H - EXCLUSIVE to 40th and below in CGC Rankings.

CGC 100 Super 12's Event B - Casuals Champion of Champions Trophy @ TPC Sawgrass - Fri-Mon 10-13 Nov - 3D 36H - EXCLUSIVE to Top 40 CGC Ranked Members. And any other member, whatever their ranking, with a +5 to +15 HCP.

Q - What happens after the big Champion of Champions Trophy event closes at 9AM Monday 13 Nov? Will we be starting Season III straight away on Monday 13th?

A - No. I think after the excitement and undoubted drama The Super 12's will create, we'll be having a couple of days off. Then we'll have a short off season with a few fun handicap events - with Season III commencing Monday 20 November.

Q - Thanks. Can't wait!

A - You're very welcome, and neither can we! Any further questions or suggestions please feel free.

Finally - To help with the smooth running of these events, it would be very helpful if any Casuals who are not a psn friend of mine - to PLEASE friend me. PSN Chelsea-Saint  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:01:52 PM by Chelsea Saint »

douglas1405

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
Sounds fantastic! Can't wait! Thanks for possibly throwing in a handicap tourney or 2 for next season....Im excited to see how those events turn out. I have never played in a tourney with the handicap enabled,  should be very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:33:34 PM by douglas1405 »

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »
The Casuals Season Finale - The Race to The Super 12's!

Here we go guys, our latest Top 50 Rankings. I'm aware there are a few members in the table who have either left, or are slumbering. No worries, I'll simply add a few slots beyond 35th to cover for the missing. After a quick peruse of the list - (and if the Champion of Champions Trophy event was next week) - the top '38' would quallfy - (technically 37, because Fozzy has definitely left.)

So the big one's are looming! Two weeks today we'll be posting the official qualifiers for our huge season defining Champion of Champions Trophy and The Challenger World Championships. Gonna be LARGE! ;D

Matt43

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:03:18 AM »
The Casuals Season Finale - The Race to The Super 12's!

Here we go guys, our latest Top 50 Rankings. I'm aware there are a few members in the table who have either left, or are slumbering. No worries, I'll simply add a few slots beyond 35th to cover for the missing. After a quick peruse of the list - (and if the Champion of Champions Trophy event was next week) - the top '38' would quallfy - (technically 37, because Fozzy has definitely left.)

So the big one's are looming! Two weeks today we'll be posting the official qualifiers for our huge season defining Champion of Champions Trophy and The Challenger World Championships. Gonna be LARGE! ;D

So I’m in 36th, wow I’m higher than I thought. 😀

Chelsea Saint

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
Strict Hcp Restriction for 'Real Casuals' Super 12 Event - 6-9 Nov

To ensure the opportunity exists for our lesser skilled members to challenge for the title - The Real Casuals Challenger World Championship event, will feature a stringent entry hcp restriction.

Additionally I'd like to add that we currently have a temporarily raised + hcp restriction - this to accommodate some of our members whose hcps leapt after patch 104. This will be gradually lowered in the build up to the Super 12's.

space-cash