Feedback would be appreciated, New to this and just figuring out how to design.

• 2 Replies

Thirlwall91

« on: January 16, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
Not sure this is in the right section but I did create a course (Mountain Spring CC) that I published.

Got this game for Christmas, I’ve golfed weekly for about two years now, just started playing and wanted to try my hand at design. One of my favorite games is SimCity which is somewhat similar in designing things so I wanted to try to make some unique courses....

Any feedback is appreciated...What I did well, what I did not so well, etc. I look forward to being involved in this community.

Thanks!

Celtic wolf

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »
Welcome to the community, I played some of your course and noticed it was very hilly on fairways and some green grids had red slopes on them. What I would suggest is to watch videos on YouTube by Antonio Scarpacci as he shows how to create a good course. Courses can take months to create so it depends on the amount of time you want to put in and the level of course that you want. I'm still learning myself and haven't created one of a good standard yet.
TGC 2019 Courses

Ile Aux Touessrok
Wunderpar (Glasgow)
Murfhoffen GC
Golf Club Passeier
Wunderpar (Munich)
Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

jeremyholme@btinternet.com

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
Take lots of time (my courses take many, many hours to complete. Smooth the fairways and adjoining light rough as much as you can and ask yourself 'could a lawn mower do this' and if not flatten it.
I love designing but it's hugely time consuming so if you want a life maybe try something else! Good luck.
West Country, Reculver Heritage, Winchelsea Saxon Downs Wessex Heath Power Station White Rocks Kernow Cliffs Sandyhurst Lakes Trinity North Kernow Gull Rock Kings Wood, West Foreland

space-cash