Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2 & 2019 port)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

Celtic wolf

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 11:22:24 AM »
I'm in the process of redesigning 9 of the holes on the Claymore Course at the moment. They will be integrated in with my Sgian Dubh course on the same plot which is a 9 hole course. I'm doing the first 5 holes and 12-15 so both the 3rd and 14th are getting revamped. The tees on the 14th have been dropped so there's no blind tee shot, and the 3rd I've took away one run of fairway, changed the bunkers and made the water hazard bigger. The 5th has only one fairway now and still gotta look at the other holes to see how to improve them. So after this course is finished that plot will have 2 full courses and a 9 holer at the back.
TGC 2019 Courses

Ile Aux Touessrok
Wunderpar (Glasgow)
Murfhoffen GC
Golf Club Passeier
Wunderpar (Munich)
Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

wkdworms74

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 06:41:50 PM »
I am game for all critique and have broad shoulders to absorb all criticism both good and bad :) Please feel free to give my latest course a go. Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard. Pretend the dozen or so courses before even exist lol. We all start somewhere. I spend 90% of my time designing and the other 10% playing 2-3 courses a week. Not sure why I have all my other games they haven't been touched since I picked up TGC2! I would rather have 10 people play my course that loved it than have 1000 people play and think the course was ehhh ok.

Thanks man!

-Jeff
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC
Mossy Creek
Bellewood CC
The Cliffs at Pine Creek
Hualapai Dunes
Ivy Ridge C.C.
Maple Ridge
Sandy Bottom Bayou
Finnigin's Cove
Old Pine Glenn Manor
Copper Canyon Pro Course
Isles Mirada
Eagle R

Stan Solo

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
Please feel free to give my latest course a go. Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard.

Just played this and thought it was a really nice course

Well Done

LinksLover

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard by Wkdworms74
Played from the back tees with random pin set 4

A decent enough course though there were some design choices that didn't make any sense to me.

POSITIVES
The par 3 1st is an excellent opening hole.
The green complex on the 9th is very well thought out and well executed.
Bunkers are well sculpted throughout, indeed sculpting on the whole is very good.

NEGATIVES
There are signs in the middle of the fairways, such as replace your divots. I'd be very pissed off if one got in my way. It's not real life where you can move them, you can't on the game. Having them is fine, but place them by the tee where they won't be in anybody's way.
The pin on the 2nd hole using pin set 4 is too close to a yellow turning into red slope.
There are some strange small pieces of fairway on numerous holes, especially the par 3 15th.
There are a lot of wavy lines down the edge of the fairway and rough on the 6th which is in contrast to the rest of the course.
Why is there a large fairway on the 188 yards par 3 10th hole? It's completely pointless.

Also... the 527 yards par 4 17th... should this be a par 5?

Overall I enjoyed playing my round, though I think there are a number of areas the designer can improve and think about.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

LinksLover

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »
I'm hoping to play Garda Lake tomorrow Gerard.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

LinksLover

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »
Sorry Gerard I'm still at work so I'm not going to be able to play it today. As soon as I can play, I'll post here.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

LinksLover

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 10:07:22 AM »
Garda Lake GC by Gerard
Played from the back white tees on pin set 1

I really want to like this course. Gerard has some great ideas. However, he needs to implement them better.

THE POSITIVES
I like the use of logs/wood as the backs to some bunkers. It is different, effective and looks really good.
Sculpting of the course is very good.
The course environment looks the part.
Hole layouts on the whole are good, with the odd exception (see below).

THE NEGATIVES
Only one set of pins. This really limits replayability and players choosing it for tournament play or societies.
In general the course features narrow fairways and small greens with severe slopes. When the course is around 7,700 yards, this can make it too difficult for some players.
I really don't understand why there is a bunker off the course next to someone's house to the right of the 1st, or why there are bunkers next to the 2nd tee. I have never seen bunkers next to a tee before (unless you want to count desert or wasteland, which this course features neither).
The par 3 4th hole has a very small green for such a long par 3 (something like 240 yards).
There is a tree right in front of the 8th tee that to avoid you aim miles away from the fairway - I did grab a picture of this but I've left my USB stick at home.
Bunkers to the left of the 12th fairway are on a very steep slope. If they were sand dunes I would understand. However this course does not have any dunes.
The 14th is a flat 529 yards par 4 with water on both sides of the fairway. Should this be a par 5?
A number of holes on the back nine have very straight fairways.
The first cut of rough disappears on the 18th and then reappears further down the hole.

I'm not going to say Gerard has not put in time, thought and care into Garda Lake as I feel he has. What I do feel he needs to have is a more thorough check of each hole once he has designed it or undertake more thorough play testing. Gerard has some very strong ideas, he just needs some polish.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:09:45 AM by LinksLover »
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

Stan Solo

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
gerard is usually drunk when he flips out courses   ....  ;)

LinksLover

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
That is absolutely fine Gerard. You've paid for your game, you have the freedom to play and create what you want.

I'm glad you enjoyed my feedback.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

GearsTragic73

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 05:50:00 PM »
This is not aimed at the reputed designers out there such as Scampi, Scarpacci and the like. They don't need me to critique their course. Unless they want me to in which case I would be humbled to do so. This is aimed at designers who are looking to improve or are new and want pointing in the right direction.

I am inviting said designers for you to put forward your course for me to play and critique, much like I have for The J Club and Wardsville Golf Club in this thread in the PS4 section of the forum.
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,23923.0.html

I don't have the know how to make and upload videos to Youtube or anything of that ilk. I do it the old fashioned way. I make notes as I play and report back my findings through the medium of writing. It's probably because I'm middle aged and not down with the kids.

I've played video game golf way back to the old Leaderboard and Links games, have been swinging a golf club since I could walk and have played golf in real life save an eight year break when I went to university since I was 10. I like to think I have an idea of what makes a good golf hole/course.

So offer me your courses and I shall play them in the order they appear on here. I will post my feedback in this thread, or if you prefer by PM and post on here that I have done so. Please be aware I have a young daughter and a wife and my family comes first, then my full time job so it may be a little time before I get to play your course and feedback so a little patience is appreciated.

Hi mate I uploaded a course a month ago called Ant Hill Pines. I’d love your feedback on that and would be greatly appreciated. I know it will help me in future designs. Thx in advance Jeff aka GearsTragic73

Tuco

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
Since your ID is @LinksLover , perhaps you'd enjoy playing my Links at Dakota Bay.  I would be very appreciative of your feedback.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

Halapeno9000

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
Give Thunder Mountain II a go if you can. Play/Review the version that says ''spring'' next to it unless you want to play early morning winter golf. I'll use your feedback to improve it for TGC 2019! If you do check it out make sure not to play the original version (without the II). It'd be much appreciated!

LinksLover

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 08:58:42 AM »
Hi fellas.

All my (limited) TGC time for the next couple of months is going to be spent designing a course for the TGC Tours Rookie Design Contest. The deadline is October 31 for course publication, though for me it's the 28th as I go on holiday then. As I only have limited time, I will have to work my balls off with the time I do have to complete the course.

When I have, I shall return here and ask you fellas if you would still like me to critique your course, given it will be 2 months down the line.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

space-cash