A big thank you

• 24 Replies

Enef56

« on: August 25, 2018, 04:40:51 AM »
As tgc2 comes to an end I would like to say a BIG thank you to a few people.
Firstly a BIG thank you to everyone who uses this forum over the last 4 years, Designers and Players I’ve checked this forum a million times more than Twitter, Facebook etc: without you Girls and Guys the Tgc game would have taken a very different route thank you (Anthony) and all forum members even you Opinder93 lol, thanks see you in 2019.

To the Casuals Golf Society a BIG thank you, see you in 2019.

To all the guys who have promoted my courses via YouTube, timwilsonuk, early_1981, and enforcer3891, and on the sims Ryan’s (Ironstrokes) a BIG thank you.

A Special mention to JimGem, who has worked tirelessly to promote designers on YouTube, allowing flyovers to complete and having a detailed look at the courses we spend so long designing a BIG thank you.

And Then to a man who has jumped in time and time again from the beginning of Tgc to help out designers and never gets thanked enough, a BIG thank you goes to karma4u, he must have posted hundreds of pics on people’s courses over the years, than you.
Finally to all the Staff at HB studios a BIG thank you, the finest Golf game ever.
You’ve kept me out of trouble these last 4 years but locking me in my room all these years was a little over the top lol, thanks and good luck to this forum keep it up guys.

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
I'll echo everything you just said. Without these amazing content promoters such as karma4u and all of our great YouTubers, we probably wouldn't be able to design our way out of a wet paper bag. Us designers may provide the content, but they are the ones who really turn it into "bling" and showcase what we attempt to offer the TGC community at large. I wouldn't have half the plays if it weren't for guys like Early-1981 and JimGem taking the time to showcase my work. Big shout out to you guys, I owe you a lot; thanks very much for what you do.

Also a big shout out to some of the really all time great designers out there (I know you all know who you are  :D), you inspire us noobs to achieve things we can't even imagine when we begin this journey. Guys like ArcticFury, always showing us how to think outside the box and giving us examples of what can be achieved with this software if we just commit the time and imagination to it. I hate naming names like that, because inevitably I'm going to forget about someone, so I'll leave it there, but there are MANY more of you out there who I can't even begin to name who have both inspired me, and instructed me on how to be a better designer.

I'll sum it up by saying what I really think - What a great community we have here with so many passionate, caring, and involved individuals uniting to make this game great. I doubt we could do much better even if we tried.  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:09:22 PM by HB_ADMIN »
O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

lastchancehombre

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 11:17:56 AM »
**like**
**like**
 8) 8) 8)
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
What they said....... 👍🏻
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jeffbdvs

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »
Where's the damn "like" button?  ;)
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

mebby

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »
Where's the damn "like" button?  ;)

Maybe we'll get a like button on the new 2K forums!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 01:35:46 PM »
It's like China around here.

I certainly will thank HB for TGC . Without it there would be no golf game. Especially for us console owners.

Looking forward to some real multiplayer and 4K golf!
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 01:48:30 PM »
Thanks to hb!  But I have a serious question? Was the tgc19 forum section closed off so we can't speak of tgc19 on the forum, because that is what it seems like to me.  Actions say to me that hb was tired of the divisiveness and didn't want that anymore before release. 

Hb really needs focus on their game and not put too much effort into the community because it's just a drain on such a small company.  The reason it was different when Anthony was here was because tgc was his baby so he gave way more of his personal time to the community.

Love the game and everything about it, but the way they market and release the new iterations is far from optimal.

But I agree with giving them kudos on a great game!
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

I certainly will thank HB for TGC . Without it there would be no golf game. Especially for us console owners.

I think we are only getting 2K golf - not 4K.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 02:44:20 PM »

I think we are only getting 2K golf - not 4K.

Ha!

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 03:31:29 PM »
Thanks to hb!  But I have a serious question? Was the tgc19 forum section closed off so we can't speak of tgc19 on the forum, because that is what it seems like to me.  Actions say to me that hb was tired of the divisiveness and didn't want that anymore before release. 

Hb really needs focus on their game and not put too much effort into the community because it's just a drain on such a small company.  The reason it was different when Anthony was here was because tgc was his baby so he gave way more of his personal time to the community.

Love the game and everything about it, but the way they market and release the new iterations is far from optimal.

Im pretty sure they shut it down so they wouldn’t have to respond to it during their Golf outing.
I’m sure they’re having a grand old time at the NT.  All I have left to say is that there will be he(double hockey sticks) to pay if it doesn’t release Tuesday....... LOL
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Dopeypoodle

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
Perhaps the shutdown of the forum,was to ready it for the appearance
of 2K on the forum.Also i assume that there are other changes,that need
to be looked at.Why do some people think of the closing,as a sinister move.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 06:30:59 PM »

Im pretty sure they shut it down so they wouldn’t have to respond to it during their Golf outing.
I’m sure they’re having a grand old time at the NT.  All I have left to say is that there will be he(double hockey sticks) to pay if it doesn’t release Tuesday....... LOL

A grand old time....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Perhaps the shutdown of the forum,was to ready it for the appearance
of 2K on the forum.Also i assume that there are other changes,that need
to be looked at.Why do some people think of the closing,as a sinister move.

I hope they didn't delete everything . Looks like they did. There was some really good posts in the Xbox section about 4K set-ups with tons of information in them.  Would certainly help the new players who have a Xbox X.

Whatever is clever.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 11:42:33 PM »
Really excited that 2k is in the picture. Bodes well for the future of TGC.

The production value and game play experience in the NBA series of 2k is superb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

space-cash