2k and HBS partnership question

• 37 Replies

Griff

• GroupMember
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:32:15 AM »
From the outset it seems like the partnership with 2k looks great from a publishing perspective, but I do have a couple of questions.

1. Does this mean that we can now expect yearly releases versus content updates?

2. How much input will 2k have with the game creation going forward...or more specifically, can we expect this franchise to take on more of the arcade aspects than the sim aspects it started out as?

I'm not asking this to create drama or stir crap up. I think it's a legitimate question for those of us that have been around since the beginning. Those responding to this particular thread please stay on topic and respectful. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:43:15 AM by Griff »

Gary Best

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 10:34:08 AM »
I noted the press release for 2019 uses the word "simulation", so I take that as a good thing.

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
I noted the press release for 2019 uses the word "simulation", so I take that as a good thing.
I think that is true for this version of the franchise, but I don't know how much that applies to renditions of the game in future years. 

Sgt_Smoker71

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Nothing on their twitter account about TGC2019.
Then again HB/TGC2019 twitter is silent as well.

BushWood Country Club.
A Society for the average player.

chrashbird

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 10:40:54 AM »
I would guess if sales were good it will become a yearly release in March starting 2020 when people are getting ready for the majors to start and not much competition from other sport title releases.

bigtee

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
I woudn't be suprised if 2k made an offer for the i.p at some point.

Coda1850

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
Wasn't one of the knocks on the last 2K basketball game it was pay to play-ish with their micro transactions?  That's what I remember from the YT video reviews I saw... also why I didn't buy it.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

cephyn

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
I woudn't be suprised if 2k made an offer for the i.p at some point.

2K owns the Links IP so...
Edgemoor Castle
Driftless Hills
Roadrunner Mesa
The Willowisp
The Course at Cycad Reach

Matt43

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 11:02:38 AM »
Wasn't one of the knocks on the last 2K basketball game it was pay to play-ish with their micro transactions?  That's what I remember from the YT video reviews I saw... also why I didn't buy it.
micro transactions are there if you want to use them but you don’t have to. On NBA I used them to upgrade the players attributes but only bought the lowest amount. I doubt Tgc would go down that route of being able to upgrade attributes.

blueisthecolour

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 11:05:32 AM »
micro transactions are there if you want to use them but you don’t have to. On NBA I used them to upgrade the players attributes but only bought the lowest amount. I doubt Tgc would go down that route of being able to upgrade attributes.

What attributes?

AceScratchGolf

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
This is super odd because HB Studios also published NBA Live 10, and NBA Live 18 - which is 2k's direct rival.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 11:06:58 AM »
This is super odd because HB Studios also published NBA Live 10, and NBA Live 18 - which is 2k's direct rival.

Pretty sure EA Sports published NBA Live 10 & 18.......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Matt43

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »

What attributes?
I meant the attributes on NBA. I don’t think HB would go down that route of adding attributes.

Sgt_Smoker71

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 11:08:55 AM »
Worried about how micro transactions are going to change TGC

Go to your PS store, search "2K". It is almost ALL  micro transactions!

As long as it is just skins/none performance items. I am ok if it doesn't change game play.
BushWood Country Club.
A Society for the average player.

TeeJay0218

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
Id also like to add, as a BBall game players since about 96, 2K sports is the reason BBall games went from "super arcadey" to simulation style. Trust 2Ks influence would do nothing but add value to this game. Think about all the classic sports games theyve created.
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

space-cash