2k and HBS partnership question

• 37 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 02:29:19 PM »
Wildly speculative and not true.

TigerFanBritt

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 02:33:03 PM »
Wasn't one of the knocks on the last 2K basketball game it was pay to play-ish with their micro transactions?  That's what I remember from the YT video reviews I saw... also why I didn't buy it.
micro transactions are there if you want to use them but you don’t have to. On NBA I used them to upgrade the players attributes but only bought the lowest amount. I doubt Tgc would go down that route of being able to upgrade attributes.

NBA was a direct example of how to destroy a great game with microtransactions. How you describe MTs in NBA greatly belittles the damage they actually did with what was simply exploitative business practices. Yes you didn't have to buy them (which seems to be everyone's annoying way of justifying the damage they cause) but they did make the game boring, restrictive and frustrating. These are important things.

I remember being in awe that even hair styles cost so much VC that you had to play about 15 games of basketball to afford one. Not only that but you had to pay for these things every time you wanted it equipped, not just a one time purchase. Nor could you preview things before purchase!

Their whole major new game mode for NBA 2K18 was basically an online shopping center. Sadly this is 2k in a nutshell.

I disagree. I love the the 2K NBA franchise & I build my guy up with no cost. Takes a minute & I can be extremely competitive.

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »
Wildly speculative and not true.
Agree...and what I was hoping to avoid in this thread. There's no logical reason to believe that the course editor is going anywhere.

bigtee

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »
Nobody said it was, as far as this game goes. It's fine. Maybe i shouldn't have made a possibility prediction for the franchise, but thread title kinda invited predictions. Back to today.

Matt43

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
It would be good for HB to put this to bed about course designer in future games. A simple course designer is going nowhere would do it.

lrvenable

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 03:26:59 PM »
HBS isn't going to take their bread and butter away.  The course editor attracted a lot of people to TGC and is a great feature of the game.  To remove such an awesome capability would drive a stake through the heart of the game and open the door for someone else to make a golf game with a course editor.  I trust HBS will keep moving the franchise forward to stay on top and ahead of any potential competition.  Besides - why risk infuriating the people that build over 100,000 courses and help put the game in position to be successful.  But that's just my opinion...   :)

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2018, 03:49:16 PM »
A lot of curiosity around the new partnership with 2K. At this time I want to say we're very excited to be teaming up with them. I'll be putting together a longer post to talk about this more later today. A lot going on though as you can imagine so please bare with me.

Don't you think that crazy gamers like us deserve better and more than a vague promise ?
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »
A lot of curiosity around the new partnership with 2K. At this time I want to say we're very excited to be teaming up with them. I'll be putting together a longer post to talk about this more later today. A lot going on though as you can imagine so please bare with me.

look forward to your update. im guessing at some point we'll see a HB/ 2K logo grace the title page.. all good stuff. i think youve partnered with the right people.   ylu guys must be proud of where the game has gone and now landing a partnership with a big publisher..   i dont see any reason the course creator would go away. its the bread and butter   im giving you guys time and will be provuding constructive feedback from my experiences with the options and gameplay.  enjoy your success HB!
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

space-cash