As a 2KSports fan....

• 10 Replies

TeeJay0218

« on: August 27, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
I'm excited for the partnership. Literally when I bought my PS4 the only games I played were TGC and NBA2K. Cheers HB, now get that download out to the masses?
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
I'm excited for the partnership. Literally when I bought my PS4 the only games I played were TGC and NBA2K. Cheers HB, now get that download out to the masses?

sounds good teejay,  hope your society gets off to a great start!
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Calavera999

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
It can indeed be a good relationship, but everybody must be aware of 2ks public statements and track records regarding how they implement their MTs. However good NBA is as a basketball game, they really did wreck it sideways with their greedy microtransactions. They've openely stated they will be introducing more microtransactions in the career modes etc in their WWE games regardless of the fans blatant opposition to the idea. We just have to wait and see, 2k do not improve every game they touch.

I'm hoping that 2k will only be in charge of distribution and licence acquisitions, etc. I would hate for this game to become another piece of property for 2k to milk to please shareholders.

For a start I really can't see 2k allowing the course designer to continue without it being monetised. Would love to be proved wrong...

Sorry. Positive posts from now on.
Courses:
Spyglass Hill GC
Spyglass Hill GC (Tour)

Lancers

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
It can indeed be a good relationship, but everybody must be aware of 2ks public statements and track records regarding how they implement their MTs. However good NBA is as a basketball game, they really did wreck it sideways with their greedy microtransactions. They've openely stated they will be introducing more microtransactions in the career modes etc in their WWE games regardless of the fans blatant opposition to the idea. We just have to wait and see, 2k do not improve every game they touch.

I'm hoping that 2k will only be in charge of distribution and licence acquisitions, etc. I would hate for this game to become another piece of property for 2k to milk to please shareholders.

For a start I really can't see 2k allowing the course designer to continue without it being monetised. Would love to be proved wrong...

Sorry. Positive posts from now on.

Having to pay for user created courses is the worst case scenario with this game.

Jwheels9876

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
See alot of people complaining about MT. I've bought sports games for years and never once bought any extra stuff and never had any issues completing a season, franchise or anything else.

Saw someone mention a certain hair color being a MT lol. If you're that worried a nbn out a hair color you got your priorities twisted when it comes to sports simulations.

The only downside would be paying for courses ONLY if user courses ceased to exist in the game. Tgc is a decent game but what makes it great is the ability to play almost every course in the world and all built by users who purchased the game. 2k would be stupid to take that away, if they even have the power to do so.

Lancers

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »
See alot of people complaining about MT. I've bought sports games for years and never once bought any extra stuff and never had any issues completing a season, franchise or anything else.

Saw someone mention a certain hair color being a MT lol. If you're that worried a nbn out a hair color you got your priorities twisted when it comes to sports simulations.

The only downside would be paying for courses ONLY if user courses ceased to exist in the game. Tgc is a decent game but what makes it great is the ability to play almost every course in the world and all built by users who purchased the game. 2k would be stupid to take that away, if they even have the power to do so.

Since this is the only console game out there with the exception of the older TW and Rory stuff anything is possible. HB has allowed a lot of free content with the first two games I only hope that continues.

Jwheels9876

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »

Since this is the only console game out there with the exception of the older TW and Rory stuff anything is possible. HB has allowed a lot of free content with the first two games I only hope that continues.

I'd say that free content kept the game relevant.  Who would keep playing if your only options were 15 courses that came with the game?

They'd be crazy to change that formula. But who knows what power 2k will hold now. I'm a big fan of 2k going back to the NFL2k5 days when they were on the verge of killing madden completely until EA went and bought the NFL license because they saw the writing on the wall. 2k basketball put NBA live in a casket for about 10 years now also. Only good things to come IMO if 2k takes a hands on approach to the game without monetizing courses except official TPC ones they create at HB studios.

Lancers

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
They could try to nickel and dime you for user created stuff if they want. Like I said this is the only new game in town.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »
2K can be kicked to the curb next release same as MG was if HB doesn’t agree with their ideas.  We need to concentrate on what the game is now.  The future will take care of itself.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
also if u had to pay for user created content the rcr courses would have a problem.  hb or 2k isnt going to jeopardize this great golf start.  im with rock lets enjoy the ride
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Lions67

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
2K can be kicked to the curb next release same as MG was if HB doesn’t agree with their ideas.  We need to concentrate on what the game is now.  The future will take care of itself.

Testify!!👍

space-cash