32 Replica PGA TOUR Courses??

• 15 Replies

mebby

« on: August 27, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »
The following two bullet points, when read in succession to each other (which is how they are presented) seems to imply that all 32 PGA TOUR events will be held on "precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses" which most "regulars" know not to be true.  At least I THINK we know this not to be true. 

Just confirming that we will NOT be getting 32 PGA TOUR replica courses.  Can someone from HB confirm?

•        Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
•        Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »
The game is releasing with 6 TPC courses.  TPC Boston, TPC Deere Run, TPC Summerlin, TPC Southwind, TPC Scottsdale and TPC Sawgrass.

blueisthecolour

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 11:59:18 AM »
The following two bullet points, when read in succession to each other (which is how they are presented) seems to imply that all 32 PGA TOUR events will be held on "precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses" which most "regulars" know not to be true.  At least I THINK we know this not to be true. 

Just confirming that we will NOT be getting 32 PGA TOUR replica courses.  Can someone from HB confirm?

•        Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
•        Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;

I would argue that most people wouldn't assume that there are 32 PGA Tour courses.

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 11:59:38 AM »
I think what they mean by replica courses is that many of our top designers will make the courses, or transfer in their already made courses from TGC 2, that will be Real Course Recreations (RCRs) of the courses that are on the tour IRL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gasman

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
I think what they mean by replica courses is that many of our top designers will make the courses, or transfer in their already made courses from TGC 2, that will be Real Course Recreations (RCRs) of the courses that are on the tour IRL.

That will not be allowed.

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »

No. They can't advertise RCRs being in the game because of licensing agreements. It's the semantics of the word "including" that makes the statement in question seem odd. As Keith stated, there will be the known TPC courses at launch. While RCRs will surely be completed and/or ported, HBS can't use these as "official" courses or in marketing without having a license agreement in place with said course.

If I'm wrong then Keith, Alan, or Shaun will correct me.

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 12:04:59 PM »

No. They can't advertise RCRs being in the game because of licensing agreements. It's the semantics of the word "including" that makes the statement in question seem odd. As Keith stated, there will be the known TPC courses at launch. While RCRs will surely be completed and/or ported, HBS can't use these as "official" courses or in marketing without having a license agreement in place with said course.

Then I am now also confused by this

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 12:07:40 PM »

Then I am now also confused by this

"Season play includes..." should be read as "includes (but not limited to)". There will be authentic TPC courses, but there will also be official courses included in tour play that are ports of popular player designed courses.

TreeWood

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »
Re: “compete in a 32-tournament PGA Tour season”

As far as I know, the PGA doesn’t have stops at Little Brook Manor, or even the vastly superior Tombstone or Devon Quarry.

Kinda like buying an NHL licensed game with opponents in the original six along with Spokane, Hershey, Lansing, and Saskatoon, etc. no?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:19:23 PM by TreeWood »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 12:30:02 PM »
TPC courses are a group of public and private courses owned and operated by the PGA Tour.  Not every course played on the PGA Tour is a TPC course.

mebby

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2018, 02:56:09 PM »
The game is releasing with 6 TPC courses.  TPC Boston, TPC Deere Run, TPC Summerlin, TPC Southwind, TPC Scottsdale and TPC Sawgrass.

Thanks for the clarification.  This is what I thought to be true.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

eHawleywood

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 05:37:56 PM »
Re: “compete in a 32-tournament PGA Tour season”

As far as I know, the PGA doesn’t have stops at Little Brook Manor, or even the vastly superior Tombstone or Devon Quarry.

Kinda like buying an NHL licensed game with opponents in the original six along with Spokane, Hershey, Lansing, and Saskatoon, etc. no?

Even EA had this problem with Tiger.  PGA Tour only owns the tour, as in the organization of professional golf competitions, and the TPC courses.  That's it.  Tiger had fake courses played in place of real ones throughout the entire franchise.  They had major rota courses hosting normal events that they never had and never will host.

Players and courses are licensed separately from the PGA.  Even the MAJORS are outside licensing.  The PGA Championship, for instance, is owned by the PGA of America which is not the same thing as the PGA Tour, hence why it has a fake major in its place.

Over time, with support (and help now from 2k), we can hope and expect courses to partner with HB, as well as players and major championships, to build the library of authentic PGA characteristics.  But it will take time and money to do so.

Lancers

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 06:28:19 PM »
http://

Your money.

NewBlacksmurf

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2018, 07:16:46 PM »

Oh...darn Quail Hollow did t make it either

Dox

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
I am happy that they got the license as it should mean more visibility and sales. I just hope it translates into more expansion and customization. I fear it could be the opposite.

I worry that it would have been better to just have the season setup(no tour or courses) emulating the tour and allow users to make the changes. As it is now you get 6 courses that go with the event and everything else is set to whatever they pick and no changes allowed. The courses look great and nice to have the official logos, but that's it for real tour experience mostly.

They will never get all the courses which most players don't expect them to acquire. I fear that the more they do get though, the more restrictions will be placed on us.

I just hope if it isn't possible yet, someday we can make our own custom season with all the options available. Especially a set range of scores for the AI that can be changed by the user, not 4-5 ranges.

I rather set up a predictable 4 round score(plus or minus a few strokes) for what the tour should shoot versus my scores and how hard the course is without a handicap that some courses will never get.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:00:59 PM by Dox »
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

space-cash