Any Streams yet?

• 34 Replies

Jimgem

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 05:13:11 PM »
I don't understand how this can be real.  I know speedtrees are implemented to get better performance and FPS,  but for heavens sake,  the shadows on the grass caused by the trees look like one of those crazy long nylon balloon creatures you see on the side of the road flopping in the wind at service stations.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) the little guy...

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Case
i9 9900k 4.5Ghz
EVGA FTW3 3080
H150i Pro RGB(AIO)
Aorus Master Z390 m-board
16Gb Corsair Pro Vengeance RGB Ram
Corsair Scimitar Mouse
Xbox 360 Controller
Corsair K70 Lux RGB keyboard
Youtube TGC 2019 playlist- https://goo.gl/P2Xdxc

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 05:32:19 PM »
I don't understand how this can be real.  I know speedtrees are implemented to get better performance and FPS,  but for heavens sake,  the shadows on the grass caused by the trees look like one of those crazy long nylon balloon creatures you see on the side of the road flopping in the wind at service stations.

The shadows are beyond words, I actually don't want to buy this game now, why HB just why

mebby

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:12 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I watched a little bit of the stream.  The wind stayed constant in the 10-11mph range but the shadow movement speed was all over the place.  VERY odd.

I'm gonna need one of those nausea patches behind my ear before I play!!!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Tuco

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »
Back in the stress test, I reported a 'bug' concerning the wind.  I was on a tee on RockManDan's course -- sorry, I don't remember it's name -- and the reported wind was mild, but further on down the fairway, the trees were blowing as though in gale-force winds.  Sounds like that hasn't been addressed.
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 06:25:23 PM »

But the multiplayer is great, or so they say....

And to get a hint on how it made the game, reflect over the recent events surrounding the release... 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:27:52 PM by McBogga »

BWW2201

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 07:00:06 PM »
This wind issue is a must fix. Everyone thought this was passable?

mebby

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »
This wind issue is a must fix. Everyone thought this was passable?

JNPG had this issue when it first used speed trees in their game.  It's sometimes still an issue but I think there must be some way around it.  I'm guessing some of the designers there have figured out how best to use the assets to make it work but they also have access to the full "control panel" so to speak whereas designers in TGC get the asset as configured by HBS.

I'm sure it will get worked out shortly.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

bigtee

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
TheApexHound is streaming on youtube

mebby

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

mebby

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
The good ol' Sand flop shot (can't believe that still exists by the way) is coming out of the bunker at a very odd launch angle!  It looks like it's been skulled but it checks up perfectly.  Odd.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »
Watching Apex play right now in PGA tour and it looks awesome quite honestly,  I love it so far..  Better than I expected.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

mebby

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2018, 08:17:08 PM »
Watching Apex play right now in PGA tour and it looks awesome quite honestly,  I love it so far..  Better than I expected.

Saw few oddities here and there but I agree with you that it looks engaging enough for me to dig into the Career Mode.  I liked the scores that I was seeing from the field on the "Hard" setting which seemed about right honestly.  I didn't see any "rubber band" scoring so that was a big plus!  The crowd reactions and the golf reactions all seemed pretty spot on.  Lots of good stuff.

Flop shots and chips looked... odd.  Not sure if it was the camera work or the actual shot.

The BIGGEST shocker was that a woman finished first in the Q school qualifier.  I wonder what the ratio of men to women players will be in these events?  While it's certainly possible for a woman to play in these events it's very rare at best. 

Thanks to Apex for showing the video!
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

dodger1010

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
It looks damn good on you tube I cant wait to get my hands on it. The changes are fresh and if online is as they say its game on time to grind.

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2018, 08:22:43 PM »
Anybody stream the designer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »

Saw few oddities here and there but I agree with you that it looks engaging enough for me to dig into the Career Mode.  I liked the scores that I was seeing from the field on the "Hard" setting which seemed about right honestly.  I didn't see any "rubber band" scoring so that was a big plus!  The crowd reactions and the golf reactions all seemed pretty spot on.  Lots of good stuff.

Flop shots and chips looked... odd.  Not sure if it was the camera work or the actual shot.

The BIGGEST shocker was that a woman finished first in the Q school qualifier.  I wonder what the ratio of men to women players will be in these events?  While it's certainly possible for a woman to play in these events it's very rare at best. 

Thanks to Apex for showing the video!

Yes, what happened there?

The LPGA would be a great addition to the game, but women in the Web.com field is just off.

space-cash