What do folks think of the hook up with 2K?

• 6 Replies

DaveT

« on: August 28, 2018, 06:25:59 AM »
I've had good experiences with 2k to date. Their NBA games and WWE games have all been great and they know how to cram content in to a game without forgoing the quality of the actual game play.

This could be the start of something awesome ...
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

Gasman

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 06:30:11 AM »
I've had good experiences with 2k to date. Their NBA games and WWE games have all been great and they know how to cram content in to a game without forgoing the quality of the actual game play.

I’m surprised there aren’t any 2K logos of any sort in the game........or am I?

DaveT

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:47:34 AM »

I’m surprised there aren’t any 2K logos of any sort in the game........or am I?

Haven't had a chance to play it yet ... in work today so will hopefully have a bash this evening after dinner. 

Maybe the deal with 2k was wrapped up quite late without enough time to get their branding on it. If the rumours of a disc version in October are true, it wouldn't surprise me to see 2k's branding on the box and disc.  As for in-game I guess the 2k branding might creep in via DLC or a game update/patch.
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

gamerEMdoc

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:39 AM »
I totally agree.  I have a feeling this digital release will be a beta of sorts, and they will release the disk based version, potentially with more content.  I'm going to be ticked though it I have to pay more to "upgrade" to the new version like they did with the first golf club.  Bought it at release, then when they added a "season" mode, they charged you to upgrade the game. 

Coda1850

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 07:46:13 AM »
I totally agree.  I have a feeling this digital release will be a beta of sorts, and they will release the disk based version, potentially with more content.  I'm going to be ticked though it I have to pay more to "upgrade" to the new version like they did with the first golf club.  Bought it at release, then when they added a "season" mode, they charged you to upgrade the game.

Can I ask - what course is that in your photo?
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Matt43

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 07:49:19 AM »
Could potentially be massive for HB. We don't know how involved they'll be though. Look forward to seeing where the game goes from here.

LinksLover

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 08:45:39 AM »
As long as the game series doesn't go to an annual release I'm happy to wait and see what happens. I don't have a lot of time to invest so I need a minimum of two years to get decent value out of the game.
PUBLISHED
The Swiss Wall
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2 & 2019 port)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS

space-cash