Turn base play- bug

• 23 Replies

major

« on: May 19, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
While playing a few rounds with "Turn base play "enabled" toward holes 8 and forward at times we (2) would be stuck at the scorecard or see the other player at cup ready to make shot, but he's already done, it should show scorecard. To get around that "Hang" or Locked up" is to hit escape and "disable" Turn base,,,,  resume game and it then straightens out. I then go back and renable to resume with turn base play. During this time devs,  we would see each others shots differently then the player making the shot. This happens about 2 times turning a round. This would be at this time, only when approaching the green. and its random.  Case and point, My friend 2nd shot on a par 4 hits  the edge of the fairway, leading up to the green, rolls to the right , down into a bunker. He see it 12 yds. short of the pin,,,, nowhere near the bunker. When his turn is up, I then see what he is seeing. I will take screen shots the next time we play and it happens again.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:10:23 AM by major »

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »
had the same as well, both waiting for each other to Play and stuck.
What helped us out was: menu (esc) -> disable turnbased, play the shot, menu -> enable again. But this is just a workaround.
One more thing i realised: The "Honor" for the T-shots does not work properly. When the scores are equal, it should be carried forward from the hole before, not all T-ing off at the same time.
Last but not least: There is a delay of about 5 secs between taking a shot and your co-players seeing it.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

davefv92c

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
yes lots of hanging up in TB play i find it hard to finish most try's at it
MSI TRIDENT 3VR7-025. 16gb MEMORY.
GTX 1060 6gb. MSI OPTIX AG32C CURVED MONITOR 144HZ.
1gb CONNECTION. 240gb SSD. 1tB HARDDISK

Ricky Proffer

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:35:34 PM »
Ditto,
Played a turn based round tonight and I saw lots of problems with sync and me seeing stuff on my screen that didn't actually happen.  Once, my opponent chipped in and I was typing in Steam to tell him good shot and he reappeared on the green to putt.  Turns out he didn't chip in at all.  On two different occasions I was finished with the hole but my opponent showed me on the green ready to putt.  One of us had to disable turn based play and finish the hole at it fixed the problem.  Still had fun but it was very confusing at times and hopefully will improve in future releases.  At this point I would have to say that turn based play is no where near ready to be released as a final version.

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 07:43:06 AM »
Hi folks we appreciate any bugs around turn based, be as descriptive as possible, sometimes a detail like exceeded limit or hit a penalty on the last stroke could be the piece to reproducing the puzzle.

Thanks!

FireStrickerz

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »
I played a ghost ball turn based tonight at the Tomahawk golf course and saw many "ghosts." The first 13 holes every 2nd shot off the tee was in a totally different place where the tee shot landed. If it was in the fairway it could've been in the rough or a sand trap almost EVERY TIME. If it was in the rough and thought I might pick one up on him I saw it in the fairway on his second shot. On one par 3 he went in the water twice. The second shot was from the tee again while the third shot had him putting. On quite a few approaches it looked like he was a mile away from the pin but when it was his turn to putt it was quite a bit closer to the pin. I'm wondering if possibly if the program could be using one golfers name and another actual game or maybe if the golfer played twice and got the shots mixed up.

On a side note. I saw EVERY shot of his hit dead center in the cone. Rest assure that was not the case. If it were every one of his drives would have been in the fairway and every one of his approaches would have been coming right at the pin. No one could get the lie and wind that wrong. Not even me.

On a double side note. The marker at the pin on this build is NOT at the hole especially on the longer putts and higher elevations. It's almost like it's where it should be if you added the elevation to your shot. Example. If I were 18' away the maker would be set for 45'. Within 5-7' where I would have to adjust it to.

Love the frame rate increase though. I went from 33 on low resolution to 45. Keep up the great work. :)

Acid Flashback

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 07:38:16 AM »
First time I have played Turn based with a LIVE friend.  And it was a bit of a nightmare.

1.  What I do and what they see is not neccessairly the same.
2.  Bug where you are waiting for them to putt out but they are also waiting for you (i.e. I see my friend standing over the ball and he sees me, neither of us can putt - have to exit turn based mode to correct)
3. Massive delays (anywhere from 3 seconds to 20 seconds or even the dreaded minute uncomfortable silence) - I sort of appreciate the dramas BF4 had with their network code
4. Scorecardss incorrectly displaying for us whilst playing LIVE i.e it showed for me having +3 and my friend +18, he say me as +5 him as +9; reality was I had +3 and he had +9 - so showing correct own score, not correct friend score
5. When playing with a LIVE friend, and playing a Tour or Tournament, their score/progress does not even show on the leaderboard UNTIL the end.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:40:25 AM by Acid Flashback »

neaton14

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »
First time I have played Turn based with a LIVE friend.  And it was a bit of a nightmare.

1.  What I do and what they see is not neccessairly the same.
2.  Bug where you are waiting for them to putt out but they are also waiting for you (i.e. I see my friend standing over the ball and he sees me, neither of us can putt - have to exit turn based mode to correct)
3. Massive delays (anywhere from 3 seconds to 20 seconds or even the dreaded minute uncomfortable silence) - I sort of appreciate the dramas BF4 had with their network code
4. Scorecardss incorrectly displaying for us whilst playing LIVE i.e it showed for me having +3 and my friend +18, he say me as +5 him as +9; reality was I had +3 and he had +9 - so showing correct own score, not correct friend score
5. When playing with a LIVE friend, and playing a Tour or Tournament, their score/progress does not even show on the leaderboard UNTIL the end.

Cheers

I played a Live Turn-Based MP round with my brother last night and encountered the same problems (as with all the builds since turn based MP has been in).

I'm pretty sure 90-100% of the approach shots were not the same from his POV and my POV.  They are wayyyyyyyy off sometimes! 

The delay is still brutal.  I have never finished a turn-based round because it takes too long.  Staring at the avatar fidgeting for 10-20 seconds before I see him start adjusting/swinging is just plain cruel. I know I posted about this in the "Lag lag lag" thread but I think this deserves some more attention.
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080
High Settings: Avg - 50, Min - 40, Max - 60

PS3 Controller

ralphieboy72

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
I've seen weird results in turn based as well.   I know it's being worked on, but I wonder what causes one user to see something completely different than the other player. ?  For instance, I see my opponent hit into the rough and the ball rolls there believably to my eyes.   Then when he lines up for his next shot, he's been placed 10 feet left and in the fairway.   He probably saw the ball roll believably to that spot as well.  Very odd.

Acid Flashback

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »
Had a few lol moments last night with accusations of hax... ie ball appears to go into the bunker only for opposing player to find out it actually in the hole... funny when they are giving you grief for a dbl bogey but you tell em you got bird.  Suffice to say my mate will NOT be pkaying turn base until sorted.

Ricky Proffer

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:35 PM »
Microfox and I played a turn based round today using Skype for voice chat so we could get a better handle on the glitches in the TB system.
There were a couple of times on the front 9 where he would see me ready to shoot and i would see him ready to shoot.  We would have to disable turn based, hit, then turn it back on.  The scorecards were wrong the entire front nine.  My score was correct on my screen but Microfox's score was 3 or 4 shots off.  It took about 9 seconds from the time I hit my shot before Microfox saw me hit on his screen which is not a huge deal.  He does live in Canada and I live in Texas so that may have something to do with that.  But almost every shot showed me something different than what was actually happening and vice versa.
We decided to turn off turn based on hole 10.  From that point on the scorecards were correct on both our machines.  We just "manually" waited our turn.  It worked much better but it sort of defeats the turn based mode when you have to do that.  I know it is not a finished product so hopefully the kinks will get worked out because it was still lots of fun even with the weird things that went on during the match.

neaton14

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 10:34:53 AM »
Hi folks we appreciate any bugs around turn based, be as descriptive as possible, sometimes a detail like exceeded limit or hit a penalty on the last stroke could be the piece to reproducing the puzzle.

Thanks!

Hey so I was playing turn-based with my brothers last night and we got to thinking...could it be the different wind affecting the outcome of the shot? We know every player has their own wind (I really hope they fix this for LIVE play).  The player may have 1-2mph wind but from my perspective with my 7-8mph wind it pushes the ball differently? Just a thought...

Perhaps that is at least the piece of the puzzle...  All I know is it's almost 100% of the shots that are just plain wrong.  It really defeats the purpose of doing turn-based multiplayer.

Thanks.
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080
High Settings: Avg - 50, Min - 40, Max - 60

PS3 Controller

Acid Flashback

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »
Anyone tried turn based in 0.8?

tomgregan2

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »
Yup, not working at all, nor is live rivals :(
Courses: