Course design philosophy in TGC2019

• 2 Replies

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
I'm going to start designing a course in TGC2019 soon, but I was wondering - what do designers think about the new ability for players to change the course conditions?

Will most players just leave it on the defaults chosen by the designer? Or should I try and make a course that plays well in most (all?) conditions?

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:33:23 PM »
I am going to design for how I want the course to play.  I'm not going to worry what happens when players change the settings. 

As an event scheduler, I won't deviate too far from the defaults unless the designer tells me that a particular pin set is catered to particular conditions.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
I'm going to start designing a course in TGC2019 soon, but I was wondering - what do designers think about the new ability for players to change the course conditions?

Will most players just leave it on the defaults chosen by the designer? Or should I try and make a course that plays well in most (all?) conditions?

With a wider range of conditions and more roll out - designing to fit all conditions will not really work.

Just design for the conditions you have in mind.

space-cash