[BUG REPORT] Pin set (location) not advancing when continuing in Societies

• 5 Replies

SweetAeromotion

« on: September 04, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
There is a topic on another forum dedicated to TGC gaming.  Tracking wind conditions, weather, and pin locations.  This forum/site is granted Global Society status as far as I know (TGCTours).

Now it has been noted by several users already that when different pin locations are used for each round, if one finishes a round and then clicks on 'Continue to Round X' (where X is the next round), then the same pin location will be used as the round just completed instead of advancing to the setting that was chosen by the Society Admin when setting up the event.

If a video capture would be helpful to the HB team, I can try to grab one.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:36:59 PM »
A video is always helpful so the dev team can see the exact steps that are being taken.

SweetAeromotion

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
-This is a four round society event.  In this first video I am on the 18th fairway in Round #1 and you will see me go to the scorecard where you will see this is indeed pin #1.
-I play out the hole, and then when prompted I select 'Continue to Round 2'.  On the first tee of round #2 I go to the scorecard again and you see I am still playing pin #1.
-I then play the hole.  On the 2nd tee (of round 2) I exit out of the event, and re-select the event to play again.  I did this to see if the pin changes to pin #2. It does not and is correct for resuming a round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhcuQZ9vOA

-I play round two until the 18th hole again, which brings me to my 2nd video.  Currently on the 18th hole of Rd #2. 
-I go to the scorecard and you see that I am still playing pin #1 mentioned above.  I then play the hole out, and between rounds instead of selecting 'Continue to Round 3', I go back to the Society page (circle button on PS4 controller... I believe B button on a XB1 controller for others reading this).
-Then I select the event again, starting round #3.  You can see where I can select playing partners that it shows pin #3 is chosen.  I then go onto the first green, and on the scorecard you see I am playing pin #3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UC4u0O61x4

Basically (this is my opinion) I think that when you select the 'Continue to Round X' option, it is treating it as if you are resuming a round and it defaults back to the previous pin.  Something like that.

Hopefully this can be looked at and addressed in the future.

Thanks for taking time to look at this.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
Thanks, forward the add'l info to the devs to have a look at.

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
I think I had a similar issue with weather (rain) in a society match.  I had used rain in a practice event and the setting followed through into the society rounds.  Didn't pay attention to the pins though.

Martbloke

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 01:44:12 PM »
-This is a four round society event.  In this first video I am on the 18th fairway in Round #1 and you will see me go to the scorecard where you will see this is indeed pin #1.
-I play out the hole, and then when prompted I select 'Continue to Round 2'.  On the first tee of round #2 I go to the scorecard again and you see I am still playing pin #1.
-I then play the hole.  On the 2nd tee (of round 2) I exit out of the event, and re-select the event to play again.  I did this to see if the pin changes to pin #2. It does not and is correct for resuming a round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhcuQZ9vOA

-I play round two until the 18th hole again, which brings me to my 2nd video.  Currently on the 18th hole of Rd #2. 
-I go to the scorecard and you see that I am still playing pin #1 mentioned above.  I then play the hole out, and between rounds instead of selecting 'Continue to Round 3', I go back to the Society page (circle button on PS4 controller... I believe B button on a XB1 controller for others reading this).
-Then I select the event again, starting round #3.  You can see where I can select playing partners that it shows pin #3 is chosen.  I then go onto the first green, and on the scorecard you see I am playing pin #3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UC4u0O61x4

Basically (this is my opinion) I think that when you select the 'Continue to Round X' option, it is treating it as if you are resuming a round and it defaults back to the previous pin.  Something like that.

Hopefully this can be looked at and addressed in the future.

Thanks for taking time to look at this.

Also good evidence there of seeing the final 4 round scores after finishing round 1 (-40 in 1st place)

space-cash