Club Getting “Stuck” on backswing

• 18 Replies

mikethealpha

« on: September 06, 2018, 02:12:40 PM »
I’m not sure why this happens, but when I’m using my newest controller, the club gets stuck on the backswing and won’t swing back. It’s like the input stops and it just goes back to address. I’ll have to pull back three or four times or get the timing just right to get a backswing.

It’s an official PS4 pro controller so I’m not sure why that’s happening. Has anyone else had this issue?

Can it be fixed in a patch?

Also, leaders should tee off last, and events shouldn’t end in ties.

If that could all be addressed it would be amazing.

Thank you!

Mike

KingPlayer

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
I have this same issue on a win7 pc PC using an Afterglow Xbox one controller. I have found a weird workaround by plugging in my old Xbox 360 controller to an additional USB port then the issue disappears.  The Afterglow Xboxone driver is not fully compatable with it so it throws an error but it still works. Are you on PC and windows 7 also? maybe you can try to plug in an additional controller and see if that fix works for you also. I think there is a bug maybe related to 2 player programming that causes this but who knows.  uhh so much work trying to correct bugs I am starting to feel like I paid 50 dollars for the priviledge of being in the second beta test. I am actually ok with that as I really wanted to try out the new version.

mikethealpha

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:02 PM »
I should have specified that I'm on a Playstation 4 Pro console as well. I think this game has incredible potential, and I'd love to see a patch fix the little things like this, especially when it comes to game playability.

Hopefully they'll respond soon.

Good luck!

KingPlayer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 10:47:57 PM »
I should have specified that I'm on a Playstation 4 Pro console as well. I think this game has incredible potential, and I'd love to see a patch fix the little things like this, especially when it comes to game playability.

Hopefully they'll respond soon.

Good luck!
Just out of curiosity can you plug 2 controllers in at the same time just for the heck of it.

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Hi mikethealpha,

When this happens are you moving the stick to start your follow through but it wont respond? So you pull down and your player pulls the club back correctly and then you snap the stick forward to swing but the player wont swing?

When you do your backswing, would you say you're on slow side - as in the stick is 1-1 with your player pulling the club back, or are you on the quick side where you snap the stick back and the players animation has to catch up to the input?

heshwuan

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
It happens a third of the way into the backswing and the golfer just resets..

It seems to have nothing to do with how you pull the stick back.. as some days it doesn't happen at all, and some days it will happen on every shot, but it never happens when putting.

Jambomakaveli

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »
Thank god!!!!!

My brother has the problem!!

Has taken his controller apart, and was gonna buy a new one.. thankfully I spotted this.

Here’s what he’s saying with regards to it.....

I play in private matchmaking with him every night....

And it has never happened to him once!

BUT....

At the moment he basically can’t play career...

It happens at different points everytime he try’s to play career.

He doesn’t snap the stick down then up... just swings normally.

He said he noticed that just before it happens he gets the little connection icon at the bottom of the screen.

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 10:23:23 AM »
Hmm, thanks for the extra info Jambomakaveli. We'll take a look and see if we can reproduce the issue.

hoos4974

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 11:33:41 AM »
Hi mikethealpha,

When this happens are you moving the stick to start your follow through but it wont respond? So you pull down and your player pulls the club back correctly and then you snap the stick forward to swing but the player wont swing?

When you do your backswing, would you say you're on slow side - as in the stick is 1-1 with your player pulling the club back, or are you on the quick side where you snap the stick back and the players animation has to catch up to the input?
I didn't see the problem until recently, but the past few days I get this at least 3 or 4 shots a round (18 holes). In my case, the club will come back maybe a foot and then snap back in to the pre shot position. Will repeat another 2-4 times before it will let me take a full swing.

I am on the PS4 Pro using the official dual shock controller that came with it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Williamhotel69

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
Hi mikethealpha,

I didn't see the problem until recently, but the past few days I get this at least 3 or 4 shots a round (18 holes). In my case, the club will come back maybe a foot and then snap back in to the pre shot position. Will repeat another 2-4 times before it will let me take a full swing.

I am on the PS4 Pro using the official dual shock controller that came with it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
On TGC2 I had this happen (backswing stops short just above player’ ankle) MANY times however it was only with the stock controller (black). I had another controller that I bought that never had backswing issues but my shot was all over the place (slice, hook) usually with drivers.
On TGC2019 the backswing is hardly noticeable anymore, just once in a great while with the stock controller.
I am using original PS4 bought many years ago.
This PS4 sounds like a jet engine when playing TGC1, TGC2, and now 2019. Might be time for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Courses created:
TGC 2019
Port - The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC2
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC1
Mason Dixon Golf Course
Mistwood Golf Course (RCR)
Hillcrest Golf & CC (RCR)
The Walker Course Clemson SC / Tiger Tees (RCR)
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)

lowza99

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 02:58:32 AM »
Hi, im having the same issue on PS4, sometimes it takes me 9 or 10 attempts before the backswing will start, it just seems to stutter, ive tried all 3 of my controllers and even tried resetting them and it still happens.

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
This issue is a carry over from the same problem in TGC2. It is usually caused by using a controller via bluetooth, and I believe it happens due to the polling rate, which is how often the controller's input is sampled per second. It can also be caused by interference on the bluetooth frequencies if you have other bluetooth enabled devices active nearby.

In TGC2 on PS4 we had a workaround, but you need one of the second generation official Dualshock 4 controllers that allows a connection via USB cable. Using the controller over USB instead of bluetooth eliminated the majority of the swing hitches, so if you have that option I'd suggest giving that a try. Hope that helps.
O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

keelayobx

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 11:57:50 AM »
While I plan to start another thread, I ran across this one today when trying to Google a fix.

I'm now on my 3rd controller trying to play TGC2019.  My first was the older original controller that was on its last legs, so when I began having this same swing issue, I bought a new one.  That one made it almost a year before this "swing glitch" started happening.  I thought 'hey, maybe I got a lemon on that last controller purchase', so I bought a new one.  This one is less than 5 weeks old and I'm already having this issue again - starting backswing, and the club snapping back to address.  After 10-15 attempts, it fill finally pull back.  But resulting downswing is ALWAYS 'very slow', leading to a terrible slice/shank.

I love this game and all of its options.  But unless a fix can be patched through, this may be the end for me.

Has anyone else come up with a solution in the last 120 days?

MORTradio

• Harry plays golf for us, and Harry hates golf....
    • MORTradio
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
Well, here it is, the year 2020, and the "club getting stuck on backswing" is still a problem....lol

But don't forget to pre-order TGC 2021!

It's time we talk about it....

Parbuster1962

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »
After all the issues in the past week I am becoming very hesitant about forking over $80 on day one. I may just wait until I read some real reviews not that rubbish on youtube

space-cash