AI golfers

• 5 Replies

super_dazza

« on: September 07, 2018, 04:13:11 AM »
Loving the PGA Tour but it would be great if you could play along side the AI golfer as you would in true golf :)

pikechampion98

• Pike fishing is my passion
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 01:37:55 PM »
I published a course with the crowds, I toggled the on and saved and published. The published pic shows the stands full pf people, but when you play, the stands are empty
Why? What do I need to do to make this work?
Over 100 courses Designed
listings are under Pike's
Play as open , tourney & stableford modes
Pike's Swan River
Pike's Scenic Vista
Pike's Red trail Resort
Pike's Cottage, Badlands
Pike's Frozen Tundra,
Pike's Scenic River, Vista
and so many more, most are very detailed, realistic and strategic

kocgolf

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 03:25:01 PM »
THIS! Yes. I don't really even mind that it's not official PGA members, but there has never really been a game that has successfully done this. I think one of the old PGA Golf from Sierra did, but not sure. I think this would add SO much to a game. A final pairing when in the lead on Sunday. WHY can't this be done? With your caddy standing next to you!!!!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:58:50 PM »
THIS! Yes. I don't really even mind that it's not official PGA members, but there has never really been a game that has successfully done this. I think one of the old PGA Golf from Sierra did, but not sure. I think this would add SO much to a game. A final pairing when in the lead on Sunday. WHY can't this be done? With your caddy standing next to you!!!!

I know for a fact that PGA Championship Golf 2000 from Sierra Sports did this and it was pretty solid.  The AI golfers played a mostly believable game, but every now and then they'd get themselves in a jam that they didn't have enough "artificial intelligence" to get out of... like trying to make a carry over water out of the rough repeatedly that they had no hope of making.

Something like this would require a major change for TGC 2019.  The "AI" golfers in the game really aren't artificially intelligent... IOW, they aren't attribute based models, playing the course out, stroke-by-stroke, based on their AI.  I'd say they're more like formulaic, bell-curve type numbers based on a spread sheet calculation.  HB Studios would have to invest considerable resources to offer fully animated, true AI golfers in a believable fashion.  I'd love to see it happen, eventually, but I know it's a tall order.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jeff1963

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:56:50 AM »
It would be nice to see another golfer, it's cheesy just seeing another ball flying around at the same time you're setting up your shot, or even while you are swinging.

Thanks,
Jeff~

neilwilkes

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 09:20:09 AM »
I published a course with the crowds, I toggled the on and saved and published. The published pic shows the stands full pf people, but when you play, the stands are empty
Why? What do I need to do to make this work?

Did you play in tournament mode?
Crowds only seem to appear in an actual tournament as far as I can tell

space-cash