Wind conditions??

• 2 Replies

Jambomakaveli

« on: September 09, 2018, 12:38:14 PM »
So my brother set a score on a course then told me to try and better it... told me what tees to play, and to use master clubs, and just leave all the course settings on default.

His ghost was playing amazing, and I struggled like hell, mostly due to 13mph winds on most holes.

It looked like from his ghost he didn’t have that.

If everything is left on default, will the wind be the same whenever you play... or is it back to the wind waiting? Playing rounds at certain times to get easier wind?

And surely by being able to set the wind before your round... anyone that wants a good score, especially on the leaderboards will just set the wind at its lowest??

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »
So my brother set a score on a course then told me to try and better it... told me what tees to play, and to use master clubs, and just leave all the course settings on default.

His ghost was playing amazing, and I struggled like hell, mostly due to 13mph winds on most holes.

It looked like from his ghost he didn’t have that.

If everything is left on default, will the wind be the same whenever you play... or is it back to the wind waiting? Playing rounds at certain times to get easier wind?

And surely by being able to set the wind before your round... anyone that wants a good score, especially on the leaderboards will just set the wind at its lowest??

"Default" wind is basically random wind like we had in TGC and TGC2.  If you're playing a local match, then your wind could be different from everyone else's.

In society events, the "default" wind is the same for everybody.  No wind waiting in competitions.

Yes, if I were trying to set a course record, I would select 0 wind, unless I knew a particular course played easier in a certain wind condition.  In society events, players do not have this option, as the wind is set by the tournament creator (society admin/president).
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

Jambomakaveli

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:07 PM »