Can't join in game party

• 7 Replies

uneequeone

« on: September 12, 2018, 06:20:54 AM »
Me and friend same PS4 two controllers can't play together. Send invite, other agrees to join, circle at bottom right just keeps spinning. No local match no private match nothing at all.  This is not good. Can play single player only.

Both online PS Plus and everything else works but no connection Any help welcomed.

Sgt_Smoker71

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:33 AM »
It is my understanding that if your on the same PS4 you need to "Invite Guest" from an open slot before the round starts.
BushWood Country Club.
A Society for the average player.

neilwilkes

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:40:36 AM »
It is my understanding that if your on the same PS4 you need to "Invite Guest" from an open slot before the round starts.

Yar - but it is broken. Badly broken.
I play regular rounds online with a friend from the US, and whenever I send him an invite he accepts it after getting the PS4 notification in-game but once I create the match it is impossible for him to join it as he never, ever gets the "a match has been created, press rectangle button to join" message and there is no way to actually join the match from the home menu of the game.
I know he is right, as whenever he sets the match up this is how it has to go:
A - He creates an invitation & sends it to me, from which I join the in-game party. So far, so good.
B - the Match is then set up - and I usually get a second notification telling me a match has been created & waiting for me to join it. Here's the problem though - if I miss that popup notification there is simply no way to join the match at all.
You just cannot do it from any of the options in the list. If I miss that popup notice the only way around is for the playing partner to restart the whole process as if you blink you miss the notification & there is no way I can find to join a match. Period.

The whole process is far more complicated than it used to be in TGC2 and seems to us to be broken along the way.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »

I play regular rounds online with a friend from the US, and whenever I send him an invite he accepts it after getting the PS4 notification in-game but once I create the match it is impossible for him to join it as he never, ever gets the "a match has been created, press rectangle button to join" message and there is no way to actually join the match from the home menu of the game.
A - He creates an invitation & sends it to me, from which I join the in-game party. So far, so good.
B - the Match is then set up - and I usually get a second notification telling me a match has been created & waiting for me to join it. Here's the problem though - if I miss that popup notification there is simply no way to join the match at all.
You just cannot do it from any of the options in the list. If I miss that popup notice the only way around is for the playing partner to restart the whole process as if you blink you miss the notification & there is no way I can find to join a match. Period.

The whole process is far more complicated than it used to be in TGC2 and seems to us to be broken along the way.

In-Game notifications are turned On in Social Settings?  If you are in an in-game party and miss the notifications to join the match after it has been created, click on "Join Private Match" at the bottom of the Play Now section.

neilwilkes

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »

In-Game notifications are turned On in Social Settings?  If you are in an in-game party and miss the notifications to join the match after it has been created, click on "Join Private Match" at the bottom of the Play Now section.

That does not work here - it asks for passwords.
Notifications are indeed on - but I find that every single time I have to wait for the reminder saying "so & so has created a match & is waiting for you to join".
Only 5 minutes ago I had much weirdness in this respect:
I got a PS4 invite to a match, but waited & waited and eventually it started after I created a match (and I cannot remember how I did it, as usually I get error message saying only party leader can do this) and after 4 shots the whole game just crashed hard & I lost the match & had to restart.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
Is the person setting it up using a name and password?   It works the way I said on Xbox and PC.

neilwilkes

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »
Is the person setting it up using a name and password?   It works the way I said on Xbox and PC.

No - this is never set. We are talking PS4 though, not PC or X-Box.
Sorry Keith, but it simply does not work.
Next time I try I will take photographs of each screen - if I am the invitee, I have to wait for second "join match" (the one after invite to join party) as trying to join private match does not work - it even says in the option that passwords are required.
I'll take photos tomorrow.

neilwilkes

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 10:02:30 AM »

Further information.
When trying to join using the 4th option in the list, it clearly states in the option "join an online match with user name & password". The player setting up is not using any names/passwords at all - it just seems to be mandatory.

It is also not possible to join the match unless you are the in-game party leader (again, I get an error message for this too)

space-cash