Career Mode issues

• 3 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: September 21, 2018, 05:34:47 AM »
I have more than a few issues with Career mode - greatly improved though it is it is still flawed in several areas and hopefully a patch will fix these.
So, in no particular order these are what I have found so far and please add any you know about as well.

1. Where are the season FedEx Cup rankings?
2. Where is the current season's money list?
3. Where is the current World Rankings list?
4. Major Championships.
A. Why are these not marked as such in the season schedule?
B. Where is the US Open?
C. Where is The Open (UK)?
D. What happened to The Masters?
5. The leaderboards are hopelessly broken and utterly useless in planning a round. There seem to be several bugs here:
A. Yesterday during the weekend rounds of my current tournament I noticed that the leaders suddenly appear out of nowhere at -12 when the hole before they were not even on the leaderboard. At the weekend, the leaders go out last & as I was in what should have been the 4th group from the end, the leaders should have been up on the board as not teed off yet - but instead they are just not there at all, suddenly appearing on the board after my 9th hole out of nowhere. I have seen this when I led after 54 holes too - the second place chap (or chapess, more on that later too) appearing after 5 holes from nowhere when he/she should have been in my group as they were in 2nd place after 54 holes.
B. On the Thursday/Friday rounds, the player who should - in real golf - have been playing with me as a 2-ball is never shown accurately on the leaderboard but always one hole behind me.

I will add to this thread as I run across more bugs.

barude2x

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:17:10 AM »
The main problem with career mode is that you can't see peoples scores until you tee off! I started round 3 about 5 shots clear and started taking it easy and then someone starts his first and he is 4 shots ahead of me!

Very frustrating- if he is that far under we should be teeing off at the same time- HB studios really need to change the tournament formats- you should have the leaders going out last so you don't finish the tournament and pray you came out on top. You should also be able to miss the cut

A nice touch would be starting in the morning/ evening round one and vice versa for round two

neilwilkes

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 06:12:33 AM »
The main problem with career mode is that you can't see peoples scores until you tee off! I started round 3 about 5 shots clear and started taking it easy and then someone starts his first and he is 4 shots ahead of me!

Very frustrating- if he is that far under we should be teeing off at the same time- HB studios really need to change the tournament formats- you should have the leaders going out last so you don't finish the tournament and pray you came out on top. You should also be able to miss the cut

A nice touch would be starting in the morning/ evening round one and vice versa for round two

I am really happy to say that it seems the leaderboard bugs are fixed. Only played one since and will be playing the next later this morning but early signs are good.
I don't understand the comment about "it should be possible to miss the cut" - it is, I assure you - I have mmanaged it twice in career mode. Current summary for me since qualifying for the tour:
Missed Cut, top 10, won, won, missed cut, missed cut, top 10, top 10, T3
This is on Hard setting, not Very Hard - and it also seems to produce realistic scoring from the AI players too.

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:30:58 AM »

I am really happy to say that it seems the leaderboard bugs are fixed. Only played one since and will be playing the next later this morning but early signs are good.
I don't understand the comment about "it should be possible to miss the cut" - it is, I assure you - I have mmanaged it twice in career mode. Current summary for me since qualifying for the tour:
Missed Cut, top 10, won, won, missed cut, missed cut, top 10, top 10, T3
This is on Hard setting, not Very Hard - and it also seems to produce realistic scoring from the AI players too.

"Fixed" is not the correct wording. "Patched" or "Bandaged" is more appropriate. With the patch they released you will now always tee off last so all scores will be on the leaderboard (career and solo society) so yes the surprise you were experiencing when someone who was not on the board while you were playing suddenly appears from nowhere, is gone.....BUT the leaderboards are not true to life - you will not tee off in your correct grouping at the correct times compared to the leaders.

It seems that to be able to do the groupings correctly, it is not a quick, easy fix due to how the game has been programmed and so don't expect this corrected anytime soon - maybe in the next game perhaps.

space-cash