Career mode impressions

• 13 Replies

Baddar

« on: September 22, 2018, 12:09:43 PM »
What's it like this year?

Is AI scoring more realistic?

Can you easily edit player names?

How many players show up during a season?

I did read about players coming from nowhere to take a tournament win after you finish a round which is disappointing. And are the courses set each season or is this customisable to an extent?
PSN: Badd-um-tsch

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,25652.0.html

Could have been good,but conditions linked to scoring another missed chance to do something good maybe 4th time lucky next time.

one thing i did not think i would say,they got the Online Play very good,not had a bad match yet.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:29:53 PM by Yeltzman »

Baddar

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 05:14:00 AM »
Cheers, will wait until the next instalment in that case!

Yeltzman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 05:20:17 AM »
A few patches to main game,about £20-$20 of the price and you would be playing a very good game.

I think career mode is beyond repair,but it could be a good golf game if worked on.

Baddar

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 05:32:44 AM »
I've wanted a good offline career since the first release. Bought the 2nd as well in the hope they'd delivered but it was tragically bad, and it seems this one is half baked despite the new partnership.

I appreciate the strides made with the online side of things, but not everyone has mates queuing up to play a golf game when other sports titles are being played and released. Some focus simply needs to go in to single player next time.

Yeltzman

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 05:38:30 AM »
If HB not going to use real courses with fake names for career mode,it does serious need to reconsider which courses it uses for career mode.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 01:15:17 PM »
I play on hard mode and really enjoying it.  There are items to unlock, the leaderboards do work so it's a big improvement for sure..  All I can say is I play it just about everytime I fire it up where as before I never played it so it must be better..  Improvements need to be made in terms of options. I think they need to add a way for you to play with another golfer along side you, and I also think they should fix some bugs that others have noticed.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »
I play on hard mode and really enjoying it.  There are items to unlock, the leaderboards do work so it's a big improvement for sure..  All I can say is I play it just about everytime I fire it up where as before I never played it so it must be better..  Improvements need to be made in terms of options. I think they need to add a way for you to play with another golfer along side you, and I also think they should fix some bugs that others have noticed.

The leaderboards work?

They are really bad with no proper sequence of play and players leapfrogging up the board.

An example. I start the 2d round of a two round tournament in 10th place, play an OK round and manage a -5 (no assists, of course) and finish in 2d place after 18. The bottom of the first screen of the leaderboard shows players around +2 with most players finished or having a hole or two left. Then the leaderboard updates and I’m all of a sudden in 4th place and someone who was not even on the first page is in first at -9.

This does not compute. If I started in 10th place there are four pairs starting after me (assuming standard two-balls the final round). When I finish the leaders should be on hole 14. Since the eventual winner was not on the front page when I finished he is at this stage at least +2. This means he shot -11 over the last 4 holes.

Really, HB? Really?

You once had good leaderboards in TGC1. They are an important part of the tournament experience. Why not do them right in a simulation sports game? Current implementation takes away any authenticity and immersion from the career mode. Have seen at least a couple streams with people understandably getting angry and frustrated after getting leapfrogged in a totally unrealistic way like this.

Kills the good things (there are quite a few) with the career mode instantly and makes me not play it.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »

The leaderboards work?

They are really bad with no proper sequence of play and players leapfrogging up the board.

An example. I start the 2d round of a two round tournament in 10th place, play an OK round and manage a -5 (no assists, of course) and finish in 2d place after 18. The bottom of the first screen of the leaderboard shows players around +2 with most players finished or having a hole or two left. Then the leaderboard updates and I’m all of a sudden in 4th place and someone who was not even on the first page is in first at -9.

This does not compute. If I started in 10th place there are four pairs starting after me (assuming standard two-balls the final round). When I finish the leaders should be on hole 14. Since the eventual winner was not on the front page when I finished he is at this stage at least +2. This means he shot -11 over the last 4 holes.

Really, HB? Really?

You once had good leaderboards in TGC1. They are an important part of the tournament experience. Why not do them right in a simulation sports game? Current implementation takes away any authenticity and immersion from the career mode. Have seen at least a couple streams with people understandably getting angry and frustrated after getting leapfrogged in a totally unrealistic way like this.

Kills the good things (there are quite a few) with the career mode instantly and makes me not play it.

What I meant,  is at least I can see my score up against the other players.. I only play one round as well so not sure if it gets wonky on multiple round tourneys.  I know there are issues,  but my point was it's good enough to keep me coming back and playing it where as before it wasnt.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 06:13:30 PM »

The leaderboards work?

Really, HB? Really?

What I meant,  is at least I can see my score up against the other players.. I only play one round as well so not sure if it gets wonky on multiple round tourneys.  I know there are issues,  but my point was it's good enough to keep me coming back and playing it where as before it wasnt.

My expectations are a bit higher than being able to see my score.

Speacking of which - why is there no scorecard access between holes in career mode? It is there in society tournaments, but not in career mode...

moneyman273

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »

The leaderboards work?

Really, HB? Really?

Speacking of which - why is there no scorecard access between holes in career mode? It is there in society tournaments, but not in career mode...

I've brought that up numerous times.  I have no idea why that was removed.  Absolutely mind boggling, to be honest. 

Martbloke

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »

The leaderboards work?

Really, HB? Really?

I've brought that up numerous times.  I have no idea why that was removed.  Absolutely mind boggling, to be honest.

Also not being able scroll the leaderboard with it only showing the 1 page and in game, not seeing your scores like in TGC 2 i.e. current round score & overall tournament score (I liked this).

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 12:12:56 PM »
Interesting.  I have been thinking of trying the official one and then later launching my own.  With edited names. And more realistic courses.  I seem to like the rcrs the best.  But thats just me.   I wanted to start on very hard to have the best a.i. competition and edit the names of the best players but I have read that all of those rounds are firm and fast greens.  Prob will give it a try even though my expectations are low after reading some comments about it..
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 12:19:33 PM »
Interesting.  I have been thinking of trying the official one and then later launching my own.  With edited names. And more realistic courses.  I seem to like the rcrs the best.  But thats just me.   I wanted to start on very hard to have the best a.i. competition and edit the names of the best players but I have read that all of those rounds are firm and fast greens.  Prob will give it a try even though my expectations are low after reading some comments about it..
Very firm and very fast - on courses not built for those conditions...

space-cash