Approach Tutorial

• 4 Replies

Batman1970

« on: September 24, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,2429.msg23779.html#msg23779

This was from Doyley, a few ago...

My question is, and this is just for general knowledge sake here, (well, mine as well)...

Does this method "hang" with what all of you guys' approach method/adjustments?  Here's why:  I'm Im still having trouble with the adjustments, myself... (yes, I'm still a "newbie)

Also, when it comes to "playing the horizontal wind.... say its 6 mph L to R, I usually would move my Center of aim (middle of aiming circle, if you will) 6 "boxes" to the left of the flag/hole.  Does that sound pretty close, and of course just opposite of R to L...

Anyway, I'm curious as to what your all are... come on be nice and share here, as I know there are like 8,978 people "better than I" at this game...  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Batman
I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer. That's the distance my left ear is from my right. ~Ben Crenshaw

Sgt_Smoker71

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
Just so you know, those are for TGC2 not TGC2019. although they may apply about the same.

I play more by feel, trial and error, than crunching the numbers. (may be why I am a average player).
BushWood Country Club.
A Society for the average player.

Batman1970

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Just so you know, those are for TGC2 not TGC2019. although they may apply about the same.

I play more by feel, trial and error, than crunching the numbers. (may be why I am a average player).

Good info, smoker, thanks, anyone care to chime in here?
I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer. That's the distance my left ear is from my right. ~Ben Crenshaw

Enef56

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
Personally I use my trusty old abacus, to work out the windage and elevation, double check my figures with my daughters school compas and slide rule, finally check the lie with my wonky spirit level then I’m off, tempo - tempo Nigel, up and d..... bugger straight in the water, I forgot to wet my finger.

Sgt_Smoker71

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »
Personally I use my trusty old abacus, to work out the windage and elevation, double check my figures with my daughters school compas and slide rule, finally check the lie with my wonky spirit level then I’m off, tempo - tempo Nigel, up and d..... bugger straight in the water, I forgot to wet my finger.

;D ;D ;D
BushWood Country Club.
A Society for the average player.

space-cash