straight drives shooting left or right

• 3 Replies

DoGgzbollox

« on: May 24, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
Just come off a round at one of the official courses, i counted 6 occasions where tee shots were shown as straight in the right swing plane window but the shots actually shot left or right...everything was fine before 0.51 build why oh why mess it all up now couple this with the cant hit 100% bug and the game has taken a backward step imo.

AndrewG

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:33:13 PM »
 Wind?
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

xusemagru

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »
I have to say that I have experienced this too. My shot line is perfectly straight on a 1wind yet I miss by 10 feet right or left on the green. This has happened off the tee box on HB official courses and I don't get it. Wind has nothing to do with it and my lie looks flat during those times
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

p2035

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:11:23 PM »
I have to say that I have experienced this too. My shot line is perfectly straight on a 1wind yet I miss by 10 feet right or left on the green. This has happened off the tee box on HB official courses and I don't get it. Wind has nothing to do with it and my lie looks flat during those times

Magru is absolutely correct Andrew, it's not wind.

HB has inserted a small amount of random landing into drives off the tee since v.51.  I didn't say anything before because Rami Alia posted something last weekend about the accuracy meter having a bug (not showing true accuracy) that was going to be fixed when they came back to the office last Tuesday.   So I assumed this was related to that bug.

But it wasn't totally fixed so we must assume it's intentional random landing.  It seems less pronounced than before v.6, but still in the game.

I have no problem with this feature as long as they acknowledge that they inserted it into the game recently, so that players and designers will know that a perfect shot may not go where they aimed even if the accuracy meter says 100% accurate.   Kind of pointless to show 100% accuracy if the shot won't actually go there.   

In fact, in v.51 a perfectly accurate shot could actually go the opposite direction of the wind sometimes (if the wind wasn't strong).    I haven't tested this yet in v.6 so I don't know if that's been fixed.

When I publish my fantasy course I'm going to post a video showing perfectly straight shots that are aimed at a particular landmark (using shot arcs in the course creator) that stray away from that landmark even though the accuracy meter is perfectly straight and the cross wind is less than 1mph (and the tees are flat).

Players have a right to at least 'know' they are playing with random landing off the tee.  It shouldn't be kept hidden since it's not going to be a secret for very long after console release. 

space-cash