Please add a warning window when creating society, or...

• 1 Replies

vvvRAIDERvvv

« on: October 10, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
I've just started competing in societies, and i'm enjoying this way of playing TGC than any other mode. PGA tour is good for cutting your teeth. Head to head is pointless, unless with friends, in its current form. So societies, for me, is what will keep me coming back for more.

I just have 2 main gripes with societies.
1. Limited to 5 society memberships.
2. Cannot disband your own society.

I had no idea when i created my society that there was a limit, and i could not undo my created society.
A simple warning would have been nice since i really have no intentions of setting up a proper seasonal society, or promoting it to get people in. Just thought it would be cool to own a clubhouse lol.
recruiting for it would be difficult considering the society limit, and most golfers are probably like me and prefer to play in larger societies for the competition.
Have you seen how many societies there are with just a single player? 2-3?

I've seen older posts from last game that the limits are in place due to servers.
I will admit I am clueless what it is about societies that would warrant membership limits for the servers.
Is this from recording ghost players? i'm sure thats a lot of data and can understand if so.
Personally, i dont use it and i dont think many would mind a trade off.
Probably more to it than that.

Obviously, a simple "delete society" button would be bad.
Perhaps allow deletion after ending a season?

I rant
I would love to spend more time competing in multiple societies.
But unfortunately, I only really have 4 membership slots. I suspect many here have the same issue as well.
With events lasting from on avg 1-3 RL days, there's not as much society play as i would like.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:16:34 PM by vvvRAIDERvvv »

jaws1948

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
I've heard from the devs about the strain on the servers, so the limit of 5.  The thing I don't get is why we can't delete our own society, especially when there are absolutely no members.  Isn't carrying so many dead societies also a drain on the servers?  It would seem to me that a delete society button for the person who created the society with a condition that if there are any members, TGC would deny permission to delete.  Only if there are no members would this button work and allow deletion.

space-cash