Are Society Alternate events broken ?????

• 10 Replies

darvaan

« on: October 27, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »
I'm on PS4.

Yesterday, one of the societies I'm in (Team Reacharound) had an event for top 10 in current season points, but it just let everyone play the main event and let no one into the alternate event.

Now today, my society (Masochist Sim club) had the exact same thing happen, someone in 23rd place on the points list is in the main event, and no entries to the alternate event.

Is this not working for anyone else?
It seems to work before the patch, but now it's not!

Furthermore, I have a special Winners only main event next week, and if this is broken it totally kills that event, It was a chance for non-winners to also have an event to compete in and get their first win.

Also, this totally screws up the playoffs because everyone is invited if this is not corrected, instead of a top 25, 10, 5 elimanation style I wanted to feature.

Can you please pass this on to the devs, and if anyone else has similar problems with alt events not allowing anyone at all to enter, post about it here,

Thanks
GM of Masochist Sim Club(PS4) - All Aids Off on the finest PGA/RCR courses

Martbloke

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
I'm on PS4.

Yesterday, one of the societies I'm in (Team Reacharound) had an event for top 10 in current season points, but it just let everyone play the main event and let no one into the alternate event.

Now today, my society (Masochist Sim club) had the exact same thing happen, someone in 23rd place on the points list is in the main event, and no entries to the alternate event.

Furthermore, I have a special Winners only main event next week, and if this is broken it totally kills that event, It was a chance for non-winners to also have an event to compete in and get their first win.

Also, this totally screws up the playoffs because everyone is invited if this is not corrected, instead of a top 25, 10, 5 elimanation style I wanted to feature.

Can you please pass this on to the devs, and if anyone else has similar problems with alt events not allowing anyone at all to enter, post about it here,

Thanks

I know this is an ever present issue in Solo Society but did not know for Online Societies too - bummer!

madmaz116

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 09:21:43 AM »
I'm on PS4.

Thanks
you got to be kidding me! I hope this gets patched real quick , is any part of this game apart from the career actually working?!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 09:44:00 AM by madmaz116 »

madmaz116

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 08:23:26 AM »
I'm on PS4.

Thanks

Im keen to find out if anybody else has had this problem , as ive got several society events with friends starting in December , and if this is the case then no point even starting. Does my head in this sort of thing  >:(

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:15:52 AM »
The devs are investigating this.

darvaan

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 11:22:42 AM »
So just an update, I had someone not in my club join up to see what tournament it would put him in and it tried to put him in the alternate event which would be correct. However anyone that is a current member with any points is simply put into main event regardless of points rank.

I have an event next week that is for event winners only. This should be an easy one to see if that works correctly and I'll report back if it does or not in this thread.

madmaz116

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
So just an update, I had someone not in my club join up to see what tournament it would put him in and it tried to put him in the alternate event which would be correct. However anyone that is a current member with any points is simply put into main event regardless of points rank.

I have an event next week that is for event winners only. This should be an easy one to see if that works correctly and I'll report back if it does or not in this thread.

so you say it tried to put him in the alternative event , did it not work?

darvaan

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »
So far, looks like the winners only event is working fine which is great. Hope the points issue is sorted soon before my playoffs begin.

darvaan

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 01:25:26 PM »
Now that I played the alt event, it lets me enter the main event if I want, smh.  >:(

madmaz116

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 07:50:02 AM »
Now that I played the alt event, it lets me enter the main event if I want, smh.  >:(

goodness me.. I hope its fixed sooner rather than later, Ive got events starting at the beginning of December  >:(

madmaz116

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
HB I know you guts are super busy , but is there any chance we could get some info on this , even if its not been fixed. Im new to this franchise and have "converted" friends to play in my society , so would like to get some feedback on whether we delay or not.

Thanks

space-cash