Please give us the OPTION to disable Loft Box in settings for society events.

• 24 Replies

Cyclerob

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
So you don't want to have the possibility of applying some draw or fade on a shot?

SassyLady

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »
I'm sorry. But I just can't agree to this and don't understand why anyone would want to disable it. For the hardcore True Sim? Uh, excuse me. Are you saying in real golf that players don't impart extra back/top/side spin to the ball? If that's what you're telling me, then you obviously don't how real golf is played, because they do, and quite often at that. I did and I didn't even have an LPGA tour card.

I just think HB needs to be working on other more important things than this as it is nowhere near realistic.

Why do you have a problem with them adding another OPTION for society admins to use?  If you don't want to play that way, either on your own, in someone else's society, or in your own society then... don't.  It's very simple.

I don't have an objection to them adding it as an option, per se. I just think they need to be focusing on what appears to be most popular. If more people than not want this, then, they should go for it. The fact that I would never use it is irrelevant. They need to be working on things that the most number of people want (provided it is within their design vision).
My courses

TGC 2019
Bonner Point Golf Club
TPC Mactan Hills (Regular and Tour Editions)

TGC 2
Bonner Point Golf Club
Mactan Hills Country Club

TGC 1
Bonner Point Golf Resort (Championship)
Tri-Lakes Golf and Fishing Resort

lazza

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »
I'm sorry. But I just can't agree to this and don't understand why anyone would want to disable it. For the hardcore True Sim? Uh, excuse me. Are you saying in real golf that players don't impart extra back/top/side spin to the ball? If that's what you're telling me, then you obviously don't how real golf is played, because they do, and quite often at that. I did and I didn't even have an LPGA tour card.

I just think HB needs to be working on other more important things than this as it is nowhere near realistic.

Firstly the idea is an option, just like no scout cam, no precise wind reading etc. are options in the game. I know you don't want to play pro tours on TGCT because there's no precise wind reading, and that's fine, that's your personal choice, and this is ours, I don't see the problem. So just do the same as you do with wind readings, don't play any society that has no loft box checked and continue playing your own way in societies you like.  You ignore us, we'll ignore you, everybody's happy :)

Secondly, claiming expertise about real golf while talking about adding topspin to the ball isn't a good look.

lazza

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
So you don't want to have the possibility of applying some draw or fade on a shot?

Of course we do, and we can do so with fast and slow downswing tempos. That' the main point of ultra-sim, you can control everything you need with the swing itself, not by pre-programming an automate shot shaper tool before you even take your swing. Nothing against the shot shaper, I use it all the time, we're purely talking about an OPTION for sim-minded societies, just like the dozens of existing options that very few players ever even use.

Cyclerob

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 01:13:43 PM »

Of course we do, and we can do so with fast and slow downswing tempos. That' the main point of ultra-sim, you can control everything you need with the swing itself, not by pre-programming an automate shot shaper tool before you even take your swing. Nothing against the shot shaper, I use it all the time, we're purely talking about an OPTION for sim-minded societies, just like the dozens of existing options that very few players ever even use.

I get that, but those swing types will change the distance too.  If you swing "normal" can you impart draws or fades in this game?

lazza

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 01:27:15 PM »

I get that, but those swing types will change the distance too.  If you swing "normal" can you impart draws or fades in this game?

True that's a (minor imo) limitation, but you can adjust your power with the backswing if needed. This mode of playing isn't about nailing distances to the yard in any case so it's not a concern for me that I have to consider compensating a few yards if I need to draw or fade, and nobody who has played ultra sim so far has brought this up as an issue.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 03:22:12 PM »

True that's a (minor imo) limitation, but you can adjust your power with the backswing if needed. This mode of playing isn't about nailing distances to the yard in any case so it's not a concern for me that I have to consider compensating a few yards if I need to draw or fade, and nobody who has played ultra sim so far has brought this up as an issue.

It is, in fact, pretty close to real golf shot selection. You have your stock swing, your soft swing and your “go after it” swing.

Sadly it seems HB nerfed the ball movement possible with fast and slow swings significantly in the last patch, with the purpose of “giving people what they want” I guess...

A properly implemented shot shaper would be the best for the game, but option to turn it off is so much better than what it is right now.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »

I like the idea of this society. I just don't agree with not lofting wedges especially around the greens.  I'm a 10 handicap and loft my wedges around the green all the time. Imop by doing this you are making it less sim and people will just flop it all the time which is not realistic at all.

Yes, but the loftbox mechanics in the short game is nothing like in the real game, so may as well not be used.

Playing this way - for me - is also about selecting appropriate shots, even if you could “game the system” and pick a silly shot that would give better results on average.

Not really sure how delofting my SW around the green in real life or in the game is that much different.  Maybe the flop shot could be banned from lofting but not the chipping and pitching IMOP. 

Whatever is clever though. If you guys are having fun that is what matters.

I have turned off everything I can at this point.  I really do not think the loft box is that big of deal anymore as far as dialing in distances which is a good thing. I rarely use the draw fade slider and try and do it manually which is a **** show a lot of times because a slow swing goes farther than a perfect swing and a fast swing doesn't go as far as it should and barely draws it seems.

SO yeah good times.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

adrian80

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:03 AM »
Yes, an option for this would be awesome.

I’m sure the players in these societies follow the ”gentleman’s rule”, but it won’t hurt if we could enforce it.

marcoballistic

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
Yes, an option for this would be awesome.

I’m sure the players in these societies follow the ”gentleman’s rule”, but it won’t hurt if we could enforce it.
Agree Antti, my issue for Reacharound especially is as we get and quadruple check new members for fair play. It is impossible to know if these uninforcable options are being utilized.

I have no issues about a majority of sim players I have known for years. I can trust them. But sadly not everyone you can totally trust. Especially if they are new to the scene.

So yeah HB. Toggle on/off switches for absolutely every camera and option please in the society tournament settings. Then happy days.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

space-cash