3 click for added challenge?

• 12 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« on: January 17, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »
I know this idea was discussed before and hb said it may be a possible addition for future versions.  I think this may be a good idea as long as it isn't made overly simple by making the meter move at only one slow speed.   You could also easily implement an overswing into this similar to what Rory golf has now.
  This may be more acceptable than a mouse/keyboard for console users.  I don't know. Just guessing .

I offer these ideas in lieu of a 4th smaller tempo band club set, if that's not in the cards.  I hope something changes next go around.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 03:49:25 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Jumping Jimmy 362

• I’m getting better, I’m hitting fewer spectators
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 12:39:05 PM »
I was a 3 click player for years until I discovered this game.  After playing this I would never go back to the 3 click system.  The swing meter we have now in this game has helped me identify the proper way to use this method, it's a great teacher.  This method seems so natural to me now.  When I pull the stick back and then forward to make a perfect/perfect swing, it feels so good, it feels close to a perfect golf swing.  You don't get that feeling with the 3 click method.  I really don't think they will ever add that.
May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.

Xbox One X
Xbox Elite Controller

mebby

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
Please no.  3 click is a dinosaur and does not belong in this game.

Not to mention - if that swing method is enabled you'll have multiple threads with folks arguing about which is more difficult and not mixing swing types in tournaments, blah, blah, blah.

This game is far too progressive to use 3C.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 02:08:08 PM »
you guys win, keep it simple on all levels.  don't care
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:25:59 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Leadbelly

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 02:30:59 PM »
3-click is good for tournaments real money games and serious players, this swing type not so much. I at one time thought it would be great to have 3-click in this game, but I don't really care any more. 3-click players want nothing to do with this swing type, or the people playing it. So having both swing types in the same game, has not always promoted cheer and good will over the years. I play/played 3-click in the other game for tournaments and such, and this game more for just the fun of it.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:32 PM »
I do not see the problem with having it in the game as long as it a lockable option for societies and online play. If it brings more people to the game then that is good. Personally would never go back to 3 click but I can see why people would like it still.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 02:52:46 PM »
I don't think it needs a whole lot extra for challenge just that fourth Club set with the tempo band narrowed but it really needs that to cover all bases 3 click gives you a very varied Shot output that's why I suggested it and that's the only reason
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

mebby

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »
3-click is good for tournaments real money games and serious players, this swing type not so much. I at one time thought it would be great to have 3-click in this game, but I don't really care any more. 3-click players want nothing to do with this swing type, or the people playing it. So having both swing types in the same game, has not always promoted cheer and good will over the years. I play/played 3-click in the other game for tournaments and such, and this game more for just the fun of it.

3-click is every bit as susceptible to scripting as any other swing method is.  I'm not sure why folks try to bury their heads in the sand on this issue.  It's like they want 3-click to be the holiest of holy swing methods.  It's not.  Plus it's archaic and boring.  I'd rather watch paint dry than play with 3-click.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »
I will read about the 2k20 gameplay.   If there is a 2k20 and go from there. 
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Leadbelly

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »
I don't make the rules, 3-click became respectable back when Paul Willey won $150,000 real money playing the VGT using 3-click. They banned real time swing and power stroke, from the tournaments. Ever since then any other swing type other then 3-click, has never been held in very high regard among serious players.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 10:37:09 PM »
I don't make the rules, 3-click became respectable back when Paul Willey won $150,000 real money playing the VGT using 3-click. They banned real time swing and power stroke, from the tournaments. Ever since then any other swing type other then 3-click, has never been held in very high regard among serious players.

I'm sure you don't mean ALL "serious" (or competitive) players.  ???

DivotMaker (Tim) played TW 2000 in an EA sponsored tournament and won the first place prize money using 3-click.  However, he said he could no longer go back to using 3-click and moved on to mouse swing (Tru-Swing) and finally to controller swing.

-MERACE

Leadbelly

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 03:59:11 AM »
The serious players have never moved from 3-click, they were playing 3-click twenty years ago and are still playing it to this very day along with the younger up and comers. No offense but I have never heard Tim,s name mentioned in those circles. My only point is 3-click and other swing types don't get along very well in the same game, this game does fine with just the one swing type in my opinion.

liquidsnake000

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 05:09:32 AM »
I do not see the problem with having it in the game as long as it a lockable option for societies and online play. If it brings more people to the game then that is good. Personally would never go back to 3 click but I can see why people would like it still.
Yep, absolutely, let the punters decide, the more options the better for me.
What makes me laugh is people saying they don't want it in the game, well folks the answer is simple, just use the method you like and let the people who do like 3 click use that for themselves, problem solved. Like frstdwn says, so long as it is lockable for online and tournaments, i cant see why it wouldn't add to the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:15:36 AM by liquidsnake000 »
bring on 2019 tgc.

space-cash