Distance dispersion in tempo bands

• 2 Replies

GW_Hope

« on: February 11, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »
I would love to see some distance dispersion in the tempo bands. We have left right dispersion for channel and outside of tempo band but a P/P tempo should be a fine line just as a perfect straight shot in the channel and anything else some distance adjustment. It would make scoring more realistic and neutralize pin seekers a bit.
So when in the tempo band only distance is affected when not dead center of that band.
Just a thought
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:53:48 PM by GW_Hope »

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:14:55 PM »
I would love to see some distance dispersion in the tempo bands. We have left right dispersion for channel and outside of tempo band but a P/P tempo should be a fine line just as a perfect straight shot in the channel and anything else some distance adjustment. It would make scoring more realistic and neutralize pin seekers a bit.
So when in the tempo band only distance is affected when not dead center of that band.
Just a thought

I like this idea.  So in continuing with this thought would that mean a slightly faster downswing within the blue band would go a little further and a slightly slower downswing within the blue band would travel shorter?      And, then if you were fast on the downswing so much so that you were outside the blue band would you then pull the shot more?
    Shot variance within the tempo band combined with the new variances within the shot cone would make for some Interesting outcomes.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

GW_Hope

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:34:10 AM »
Just a thought

I like this idea.  So in continuing with this thought would that mean a slightly faster downswing within the blue band would go a little further and a slightly slower downswing within the blue band would travel shorter?      And, then if you were fast on the downswing so much so that you were outside the blue band would you then pull the shot more?
    Shot variance within the tempo band combined with the new variances within the shot cone would make for some Interesting outcomes.
That is what is running through my mind. I am not sure if it would translate to more distance control but it would add more variance to shot placement and maybe add a touch of difficulty. Something for Master clubs?

space-cash