Real Club Valderrama (Lidar)

• 126 Replies

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2021, 04:37:19 PM »
Han, not sure if this is an answer, but saw a comment about rough and 3D textures over at tgct.

The comment “The only time I see heavy rough without the 3D grass texture is when I set the heavy rough width in the Course Conditions menu to 0.0. Otherwise, it seems to always be there. I’ve never seen an instance where the same course had 3D grass one round and didn’t have it the next” username who posted the comment - sroel908

Hi mate, thanks for your post  :)

I'm not sure if it is the same thread I have already seen and am currently an active part of it but it sounds like it.

What sroel908 said seems to maybe have been part of the problem but it wasn't / isn't the whole solution, at least not for me. 

I have now got a quick and easy fix (pretty much 2 clicks) that works everytime, however it just doesn't remain after a game reboot currently. It looks like my next step will have to be publish a test version with the fix in place to see if it persists through the publishing process.

Anyway a conversation is still going on in that thread with a few of us while we are trying to figure all this out, as it seems there numerous theories as to what it the actual root cause of the issue
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

leslie.sangster

« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2021, 04:50:59 PM »
Han, not sure if this is an answer, but saw a comment about rough and 3D textures over at tgct.

The comment “The only time I see heavy rough without the 3D grass texture is when I set the heavy rough width in the Course Conditions menu to 0.0. Otherwise, it seems to always be there. I’ve never seen an instance where the same course had 3D grass one round and didn’t have it the next” username who posted the comment - sroel908

Hi mate, thanks for your post  :)

I'm not sure if it is the same thread I have already seen and am currently an active part of it but it sounds like it.

What sroel908 said seems to maybe have been part of the problem but it wasn't / isn't the whole solution, at least not for me. 

I have now got a quick and easy fix (pretty much 2 clicks) that works everytime, however it just doesn't remain after a game reboot currently. It looks like my next step will have to be publish a test version with the fix in place to see if it persists through the publishing process.

Anyway a conversation is still going on in that thread with a few of us while we are trying to figure all this out, as it seems there numerous theories as to what it the actual root cause of the issue
But no answers from HB I assume Han

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2021, 05:13:39 PM »
But no answers from HB I assume Han

Nothing.

I've asked Keith a couple of times about it but he hasn't heard anything back from the dev team. I don't know if they have even looked at it yet to be honest....

It doesn't really help the problem as such, but at least I know it isn't just me or my course that has the issue in some form or another.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

worldrevolver

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2021, 07:20:47 PM »
Possible test version like you wrote would be interesting.
 Just to see if it’s a pc only or console issue as well. I personally can test on xbox s and xbox series x.

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2021, 05:18:53 PM »
I had a message from Keith this evening and from the conversation that followed it sounds like he's managed to get someone on the HB dev team looking into this issue.

I have pointed him to the thread over at TGCT which contains various information from different people that are experiencing the same or similar issue. It also gives a step by step guide to my temporary fix which, as Keith himself said, should be helpful for the dev(s) to work out what's going on with it.

So we'll see what happens from here and I'll just keep my fingers crossed they can solve and hopefully fix it.
TGC 2019 Courses :
Real Club Valderrama
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

leslie.sangster

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2021, 06:18:06 PM »
I had a message from Keith this evening and from the conversation that followed it sounds like he's managed to get someone on the HB dev team looking into this issue.

I have pointed him to the thread over at TGCT which contains various information from different people that are experiencing the same or similar issue. It also gives a step by step guide to my temporary fix which, as Keith himself said, should be helpful for the dev(s) to work out what's going on with it.

So we'll see what happens from here and I'll just keep my fingers crossed they can solve and hopefully fix it.
That’s great news Han

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lions67

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2021, 10:21:26 AM »
Here’s hoping this is coming next!
Thanks Han! 😊👍

space-cash