Change player name local/in-game

• 6 Replies

Jimmyharbrah

« on: February 21, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »
Is it possible--or possibly a patch--to be able to change your in-game name from your PSN name? If the goal of the PGA license was to simulate a PGA tour experience, it sure ruins the experience to see something designed to be something *not* to identify you IRL in any way (your psn name) against AI players that have, you know, human names. I understand why the PSN name is used for online gameplay, but for local play?

Is this something we can expect to be able to change someday? Or something in future versions of the game? Thanks!

billyaz53

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
There's not much in The Golf Club 2019 I'd ask to have changed. I enjoy it very much just as is, but if offered, I would also like to see the developers implement this offline name change feature you suggest. It would be great to see my first and last name in the leader boards of my offline career and solo society events instead of my PSN UserID.

I'd also like to have the ability to give temporary names to my local guest players instead of being identified as [MyUserID] Guest 1.

Ballgame59

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »
So it's not even possible to change your name from your PS name? How is that not possible? I just got the game Sunday and absolutely love it. I know that many say that the game has flaws but as a noob that's really not played a golf game (other than a month of TW14) I know no better. But yeah, I think it's odd that you can't change your name.

Jimmyharbrah

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 08:16:12 PM »
It seems like such an easy patch to implement. I’ve seen others in the past asking here and elsewhere. It would be nice to see a response from HB. It’s an awesome game and golf simulation, which is why one key element of simulation—having a human name—missing seems so odd.

wim1234

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 05:55:39 AM »
It seems like such an easy patch to implement. I’ve seen others in the past asking here and elsewhere. It would be nice to see a response from HB. It’s an awesome game and golf simulation, which is why one key element of simulation—having a human name—missing seems so odd.

i do not see thsi as a key element at all.
ppl differ what they find important, i thi nk only a handfull fifnd this important, it really ahs nothing to do with the gameplay.

neilwilkes

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »

i do not see thsi as a key element at all.
ppl differ what they find important, i thi nk only a handfull fifnd this important, it really ahs nothing to do with the gameplay.

I agree with the OP - would love to be able to change my name.
Currently stuck with the PS4 naming, and I don't like it much.
I do agree there is more important stuff to do, such as fixing all the broken stuff first - trouble there is HB do not think it is broken so it's never gonna happen.

Ben1975

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 09:00:41 AM »
The lack of name change option is a real downer on what is otherwise a great game. One of the great things is local play and making profiles for you and your buddies. But it's not just less fun, it's downright confusing. Playing fourballs, you have to try to remember who is which guest, so you know whose ball is whose. I'm new to the forum and will start a clean thread in the hope HB Studios patches this very soon or offers a local play upgrade for $10 or so.

space-cash