Poll

If you are at a distance that is in between a full 8-iron and a full 9-iron, do you:

Open the face (increase loft) on the 8-iron, or
3 (33.3%)
Close the face (decrease loft) on the 9-iron
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 05, 2019, 01:30:53 PM

In Between Clubs

• 9 Replies

Andy1

« on: February 26, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »
Just curious as to what the consensus of players do.....

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
I wouldn't be able to vote on that as it depends on the situation and conditions. Is there a hazard in front or back? Where is the pin located? Are greens firm or soft, fast/slow?

Also not many would open or close the club face to add draw/fade. Though that would be a good shot to do with pin on the side of the green. Just move it back or forth in stance with loft in this game of darts.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:38:59 PM by wirenut48 »
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Lancers

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:56 PM »
Well since they nerfed the loft box it is harder to dial in distance for me. I think it is a good thing though. Since they adjusted approach shots I guess all of this is kind of a wash. Pick your poison you either are left with a shot chip from in front of the green or have a 40' birdie putt from the back of the green if you're unlucky.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:24:13 AM »
You could always try for 90% swings to take a little distance off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan Solo

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
I use either  ... depending how I feel on the shot and how the wind is blowing

but I do tend to loft more ..

Thrangar

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
as I said in another thread just came back and...All of a sudden I am seeing in H2H a lot of guys hitting stuff at 77, 82  real odd percentages that I never saw before...are people getting that good at partial shots?

Or is there something going on, since the game appears to be abandon?
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

RussWest44

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 01:01:10 PM »
While its not hard to hit 90-95% its pretty much impossible to hit it straight.
Wrong hole Kobe

less than bread

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »
I have given up trying to hit partial shots. Can never get the percentage or the tempo right.

Majority of the time I'll club up and increase loft to minimize roll out.
Certain situations I'll prefer to lower loft though (wind in my face, pin location at the back of the green)
Courses:
Minnehaugen Park
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

Martbloke

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »
as I said in another thread just came back and...All of a sudden I am seeing in H2H a lot of guys hitting stuff at 77, 82  real odd percentages that I never saw before...are people getting that good at partial shots?

??? I thought the %s were only shown in 5% intervals! Plus how can you see their % when you can't see the other person's feedback or are you just basing that off the distance they just shot?

Thrangar

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 07:48:52 PM »

??? I thought the %s were only shown in 5% intervals! Plus how can you see their % when you can't see the other person's feedback or are you just basing that off the distance they just shot?

LOL I knew someone would ask...you cant..... but I know every club forwards and back wards and just about remember every percentage...so when I see them hit a 3wood I know the math and I see where it hits,,,and all that is shown to you....as I said getting some real off/different percentages coming from competitors....and they are doing it at will!

Anyway not a problem in the long run...policing my own games, but just wanted check and it appears that yes...they are......well we will leave it at that.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

space-cash