Place ducks in created water

• 12 Replies

Alvin J Fellows

• To old for an X box, but what the heck!
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:47:29 AM »
Hello, I can successfully place ducks in existing water. When I do same method to place ducks in created water after hitting the 'place' button they disappear. There is no option to raise or lower like there is for placing water lilies. Any ideas,?

Designing with X box.
Hey, who invented the tape measure?

Designing on X Box 1

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
Hello, I can successfully place ducks in existing water. When I do same method to place ducks in created water after hitting the 'place' button they disappear. There is no option to raise or lower like there is for placing water lilies. Any ideas,?

Designing with X box.

There’s no way to do it as far as i know. I’ve tried to do it on a course before, but couldn’t find any way to do it.

Alvin J Fellows

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 01:02:16 PM »
That's disappointing. Thank you.

Designing on X Box 1

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 01:54:59 PM »
You can do it.  Remember you place the water at the height you select.  The ducks default to the water level height.  Place the duck where you want it and then go raise/lower it to get it where you want it.
You also need to do this with the lily pads in global plants.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Alvin J Fellows

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 02:14:27 PM »
Ok..I'll give it a shot again..I got method for placement of lillies. Must have overlooked a step/button.
Thanks.

Designing on X Box 1

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 06:52:04 PM »
Oh, would be great if it does work - I remember not being able to raise animals up in the water, but that was a while ago so i may be forgetting something

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 06:57:56 PM »
I’ve done this n my courses
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Barrie53

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 04:08:50 AM »
Hi Everyone
Has the problem of the disappearing ducks been solved. Wasted hours trying to find the ducks and geese I had placed on my created lakes. I cannot find any method of raising or lowering the ducks so that they reappear. As Basil Fawlty once said “Ducks Off”
Also what is the difference between the landscape flattening tool and the landscape raising tool when you can adjust the height in both from positive to negative, this also applies for the sculpt tool.

I apologise if these answers have been already raised and answered, but as a new member you will have to pardon my ignorance.
Barrie

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Hi Everyone
Has the problem of the disappearing ducks been solved. Wasted hours trying to find the ducks and geese I had placed on my created lakes. I cannot find any method of raising or lowering the ducks so that they reappear. As Basil Fawlty once said “Ducks Off”
Also what is the difference between the landscape flattening tool and the landscape raising tool when you can adjust the height in both from positive to negative, this also applies for the sculpt tool.

I apologise if these answers have been already raised and answered, but as a new member you will have to pardon my ignorance.
Barrie

I just had a look in the designer, and I still can't find a way to place ducks on created water bodies. I'm hoping RockManDan can elaborate on their method...

"Landscape raise" raises/lowers the terrain, but keeps the bumps that were already present. "Landscape flatten" raises/lowers the terrain, and also flattens it. If you google it I'm sure you'll find a more complete answer.

As for the sculpt tools... I never use them. They are useful in some circumstances, but 99% of the time you will probably use the landscape tools instead.

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
You can do it.  Remember you place the water at the height you select.  The ducks default to the water level height.  Place the duck where you want it and then go raise/lower it to get it where you want it.

You are misleading these people ...

By raising or lowering the water to get the duck to show up, you are just placing the water to "Sea Level", or the default water table the duck shows up at.

You cannot raise the duck, or the fish to a manually placed water table ... in the past, before the last patches made ... you could.  Not now, been broke a long time.

made this video almost a year ago to prove it was broke then, it's still broke, now.

https://youtu.be/a3dFZxPvPLQ
My most recent course:
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:30 PM »

By raising or lowering the water to get the duck to show up, you are just placing the water to "Sea Level", or the default water table the duck shows up at.

You cannot raise the duck, or the fish to a manually placed water table ... in the past, before the last patches made ... you could.  Not now, been broke a long time.

made this video almost a year ago to prove it was broke then, it's still broke, now.

You misunderstand me.  You don’t raise/lower the water, you raise/lower the duck itself the same as you would a rock, tree, bush, etc up or down to the placed water level.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 01:46:42 PM »

You misunderstand me.  You don’t raise/lower the water, you raise/lower the duck itself the same as you would a rock, tree, bush, etc up or down to the placed water level.

The duck does not, raise up or down. Period ... it is broke ... Or at least it is broke on the PC ... I tested it again before I posted this video ... I was going to post the NEW video I just made this morning ... but, the results were the same. 

They DO NOT RAISE up or down ...
Rocks ... Yes 
Ducks ... No
Swans ... No
Geese ... No
Fish ... no
Eagles ... Yes (sort of)
Seagull ... Yes (Sort of)

HB messed up something in the coding after the patchwork they have done ... Been broke almost a year or more ...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:49:13 PM by D.D.Jensen »
My most recent course:
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay

Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 02:27:43 PM »
 My bad,   I knew that you used to be able to.  I haven’t tried lately so I didn’t realize it was broken now
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash