3-Click Swing

• 90 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »
You know, the house rule i implemented when playing rory (3 click) was i didnt allow myself to adjust the distance meter when taking a shot or a chip. This way i knew what the full distance was and i had to estimate the backswing needed to get the correct distance
  Much more realistic then adjusting a marker and then getting a perfect 100% line / indication that would lead to the perfect distance everytime.   Know what i mean?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »
Whilst i was a sleep this morning installed it again on xbox,had a game against Henrik at royal troon in high winds did not do well i have got to say.keep rushing pressing the A button.Those 2 commentators get it so wrong nearly every hole i think i finished 10 over 1st go on hard setting got to be honest forgot the amount of real courses on the game nice selection.Really was a nice change playing that way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 10:21:26 AM by Yeltzman »

titaneddie

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 10:32:24 AM »
Be fun to see the results of combining the tgc swing with the left stick and adding the 3 click at the same time. Could be fun, could be terrible, but could add all kinds of dispersersion results.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 10:33:31 AM »
I may have to play this when i get home.  The courses they have are good ones, just arent enough of them.  Game looks beautiful
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Oswinner

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
Whilst i was a sleep this morning installed it again on xbox,had a game against Henrik at royal troon in high winds did not do well i have got to say.keep rushing pressing the A button.Those 2 commentators get it so wrong nearly every hole i think i finished 10 over 1st go on hard setting got to be honest forgot the amount of real courses on the game nice selection.Really was a nice change playing that way.

I wouldn’t advise playing against the computer. I tried a match and it was embarrassing. The AI is half finished. They can’t chip for instance. Happy Gilmore style chipping.
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

Oswinner

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 10:45:29 AM »
You know, the house rule i implemented when playing rory (3 click) was i didnt allow myself to adjust the distance meter when taking a shot or a chip. This way i knew what the full distance was and i had to estimate the backswing needed to get the correct distance
  Much more realistic then adjusting a marker and then getting a perfect 100% line / indication that would lead to the perfect distance everytime.   Know what i mean?

Yeah I understand. That could be quite cool to be fair. Distance control much more important. You leave the marker at 100% for every shot then? I’ll have to try it at one point.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 10:50:57 AM »

Yeah I understand. That could be quite cool to be fair. Distance control much more important. You leave the marker at 100% for every shot then? I’ll have to try it at one point.

I do. I leave it at 100% for every shot and, i agree the pro's chipping is half finished.  Also when i was playing this game more, i created some more pros and built their attributes in areas i thought thise pros were good at.   Would be nice if i didnt uave to work to build up their attributes but it gave me more to play against
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:55:35 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 01:00:11 PM »
I would also have really liked HB to have added more PGA courses as dlc packs.   We need to be playing along in pairings in career mode too.   I dont think tiger golf ever did that but that would be great for career mode.   
   I just dont understand how golf became this (assumed by many ) to be a second rate sport?   There are just as many interesting golfers in todays game as there has ever been.   When i was growing up in the 80's and even into the 90's we couldnt wait to play every weekend.    If we had a beautiful fully fleshed out golf game i bet it would sell.  Like i said on the EA forum you cant put goofy bounce it three times off the tiki post type courses in the game or you lose the interest of the fans of the sport.   What if they had teams in madden that were made out of cows  or giant rats along with the 32 regular teams,  wouldnt you question its authentucity and just take a pass on the game?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:05:45 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Oswinner

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 03:08:59 PM »
Yeah I don’t know what HB were thinking about by having some of those community ‘official’ courses. Should have had the real life licensed ones as official and then just had the community ones as recommended. No offence to the community ones as there are some gems on there, however, to be labelled official is just putting to much pressure on those courses.

A proper PGA Tour game would sell well if not ‘half-finished’ like Rory or ‘half-licensed’ like TGC19.

Yeltzman

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »
Glad i am going away for a few days playing oakmont on high winds championship greens did not do well.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2020, 07:17:38 AM »
Glad i am going away for a few days playing oakmont on high winds championship greens did not do well.

I played a few holes this morning before work.   Dustin johnson was good.  Miguel jimenez not so much and then there was me.  Very much, not so much but its fun playing them and for a game thats 5 years old its a looker!!  Even by todays standards that frostbite engine is sweet looking.  19 courses total i think it is.  Kind of thin
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Oswinner

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2020, 09:16:32 AM »
Hope we are playing with 3-click boys? The only way to play 😜

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »

3 click, hard, advanced, no downfield cam. Grids off.  I do like that this game gives you the option of grids without moving beads as the putting views leave a lot to be desired.   I did struggle putting on oakmont #2 as i was above the hole twice on tournament set greens and putted past the hole and off the green twice... i think i saw the dustin johnson character smile but.... i know thats not possible. 😁
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Yeltzman

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2020, 09:46:32 AM »

Yep only problem is i am 3 clicking off to spain for a few days......only had 2 rounds so far so i will need a bit more practice.To me more than enough decent courses just can't find how you create a AI player with good stats.Yes got hardest setting on everything.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2020, 12:45:59 PM »

Yep only problem is i am 3 clicking off to spain for a few days......only had 2 rounds so far so i will need a bit more practice.To me more than enough decent courses just can't find how you create a AI player with good stats.Yes got hardest setting on everything.

Yes, only way to create more pros is to create their likeness, use them and build their attributes to where they should be .   I know thats not ideal but, EA did add a bunch of slots for newly created players so, it is possible to get a large field of newly created  players to go along with the pros they gave you.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

space-cash