How do I get more people to see/play the courses i create

• 6 Replies

senatormoe31

« on: April 29, 2019, 09:14:51 AM »
I have been learning to master the course designer since the Orig GC years ago.   Although my couses do get plays, i was hoping to increase the plays since i spend so much time ( dozens of hours to weeks) carefully building them.         Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.     They are created under user name senatormoe31.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 07:20:08 PM »
Post opening announcements with pictures in the Course Discovery WIP and completed sections to generate interest.  Submit completed courses to TGC tours and other Societies for consideration.  All of theses options will result in more plays.  Good Luck !!!!What courses have you created and published?
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

senatormoe31

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »
Search:   TheMoeShow       it's the easiest way to find my list of 8 courses for GC 2019                                                                                                                                .       or    MidWay Masters     then just hit "more by designer"               Thx for the input and interest         

Enef56

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 09:00:02 PM »
Mine take months to create but they all get lost in the poor search function of the golf club, if its a decent course and your lucky one of the societies might pick it up and use it for a tournament

less than bread

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 11:40:22 AM »
This is an old thread but I really like discussing this stuff. You can't just publish your course and leave it at that. You might get very lucky doing it that way and someone may come across it and that's just assuming they're feeling generous enough to put in the effort and tell everyone about the course they found.

You really need to do everything you can to advertise the hell out of your course. First and foremost, you need to design a course that plays well and looks good. Make a variety of interesting and challenging hole designs that are still realistic. Dress your course up with good planting, sculpting, and lighting. Many people like the dramatic early morning sunrise with some haze and fog. Make sure you get as many holes as you can routed using the best light angle to really make them pop. A very important aspect of design that is often overlooked by new designers is sight lines. Do everything you can to give the golfer a view of their next landing zone. Some blind shots are okay but they need to make sense. Raise your tee boxes and lower the ground between your tee boxes and the start of the fairway. This will give a nice view to the landing zone off the tee.

As for advertising the course... go big. Write an in depth course description with a cool backstory, name your holes, provide descriptions of each hole in a sort of course book. Do anything you can to make your course seem real. Provide pictures of the most dramatic and best lighted parts of your course. Use Microsoft Paint, Powerpoint, or Photoshop to do cool custom designs/logos.

Post your course advertisement on here and the TGC Tours forum.
Courses:
Minnehaugen Park
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
Excellent advice,  one thing you didn’t mention though is Vistas.  Take  into consideration the view past the shot and around the landing zones.  A course is much more interesting if there’s great scenery surrounding it and something new to discover in the distance with each play.
My opinion is that each course should be approached as if it’s going to be played in VR.  I think of it as designing an experience, not only as building a golf course.
Good luck to all !!!!
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

frankjfusa

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »
Excellent advice,  one thing you didn’t mention though is Vistas.  Take  into consideration the view past the shot and around the landing zones.  A course is much more interesting if there’s great scenery surrounding it and something new to discover in the distance with each play.
My opinion is that each course should be approached as if it’s going to be played in VR.  I think of it as designing an experience, not only as building a golf course.
Good luck to all !!!!
    i cant stress how right this is. you need only start with Arctic Fury's work to see how right it is. Start with Appletown or Belvedere France, and go from there. There are other designers who reach the height of artistry and realized imagination, though far too few. Happily, some are on my PS4 friends list, making it easy to know their latest publish. The TGC Member stuff (PC or XBox) is harder to track. i recommend JimGem and avakrac on YouTube to keep up. as for quality vs. design time, i'll recommend the TRA Ballyowen course.. from a guy i play with on PS4, who added the game on PC to create it using whatever visuals and LiDAR data to make. he'll tell you 300 hours over months. seeing this stuff, i stopped even trying to make courses, unable to convert what i could imagine into the design suite.

space-cash