An Ideal PGA Tour Game

• 2 Replies

Oswinner

« on: February 24, 2020, 12:31:48 PM »
I’ve been playing Rory McIlroy a bit recently and the gameplay is quite good, however, the game only feels half-finished. It has made me yearn for an updated, proper, full fledged PGA Tour game. What would be in your ideal PGA Tour game and why?
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

AndersNM

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
I’ve been playing Rory McIlroy a bit recently and the gameplay is quite good, however, the game only feels half-finished. It has made me yearn for an updated, proper, full fledged PGA Tour game. What would be in your ideal PGA Tour game and why?

TW 08 is the closest to date for me regarding career mode. Starting as a hack with short distances etc. and progress through different tours from hack to the amateur tour, to the EA tour to the PGA tour was a very good experience. The atmosphere where also very good, and quite good commentary for a golf game. This was imho the last good TW game from EA.

So for a good career PGA tour game, you need to have more levels than just web.com/Korn Ferry and PGA tour - you need to have skill progression that could be much better. You must be able to create more than one virtual golfer, and your name must appear on the leaderboard in a proper way, and not a stupid gamer-tag.
To futher enhance the atmosphere and experience, I think Rory got the caddie on screen which is a good thing. Also a fellow golfer and good live leaderboard is very important.
Now, combine this with working sponsorship deals and equipment (quite good in TW 08, but could be better) + total realistic gameplay with all realistic rules etc.
Realistic gameplay in the core, and aids to help the casual gamers.

I would also state that it is a must to be able to have a decent amount and good quality courses from the most famous venues of golf - and to include the ability to customize the tour to the players desires. Both with user created courses that one can choose which to include in the PGA career, and also custom equipment etc.

less than bread

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 03:30:37 PM »
I love Tiger Woods 12 because it was the first Tiger Woods game to feature the true Masters and Augusta and the duo of Jim Nantz and David Feherty commentate. It's pretty "arcade-esque" in its gameplay but still very fun and challenging with a lot of uncertainty of where exactly your shot is going to end up. It's very hard to knock it close to the pin on the hardest difficulty even with a perfect swing so when you do get a tap in birdie it feels very rewarding
Courses:
Minnehaugen Park
The Green Inferno
Old Red's Sandstone Range
Scorched Horizon Golf Club
Mighty Oak Lodge & Ranch
Kathmandu Valley Golf Club

space-cash