A little help if you may.

• 1 Replies

gchewitt3

« on: March 30, 2020, 11:26:25 AM »
I've been playing this game for about six months and have questions for those of you who have mastered it (average score better that -5 or 6). I play on PC with a mouse and can't find a consistent good swing. I've experimented with both mouse settings and swing mechanics. My questions are:

1) Mouse settings. I can Specify DPI, Report Rate, and whether acceleration is on or off. What combination of these setting do you use.
2) Mechanics: How far do you physically move your mouse? Is it the same distance on back and downswing?
3) I've also read elsewhere that ball mouses (mice) might be more consistent than laser mouses in terms of tracking speed; does anyone find that to be true?

Thank you.

DDawg

• it's been quite a ride on this rock ...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 03:51:43 PM »
most mouse users have to "split the x and the Y axis, with two different DPI settings ... usually a lower X DPI, verses a higher Y DPI setting ... meaning a gaming mouse like a Razer Deathadder elite ... like a 10 to 1 ratio Y to X  ... 1000 Y DPI & 100 X DPI ... but don't plan on having many friends if you are going to play in the TGCTours ... It is going to be looked upon favorably ...

Any splitting of axis is regarded as cheating by most ... same goes with certain types of controllers ....

I say just set the mouse to whatever works for you to enjoy the game ...
My most recent course:
Cypress Point CA 93953

Jensens Cay, Grand Bahama
Helen D. Devil's Hole GC
Presidio Fort Point
Marina Del Pacifico
Kasplash-Andropn
Harvest High Country Club
The CGC @ Peeblestone Bay
Misty Mountain Monastery
The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762