[SUGGESTION] Multiple Players on Console and Matchmaking

• 2 Replies

Martbloke

« on: April 07, 2020, 09:26:59 PM »
Ok I know this has been said before quite some time ago just after release, but the next version has to allow the following which I feel will improve this game for multiplayer tenfold (local and online):

• allow multiple Xbox/PS/Steam accounts to sign in and for those who are guests and don't have an account, allow a profile to be created specifically for them (not this guest mallarkey)
  • allow these extra accounts/profiles (who are deemed as guests currently) to be able to play in Private Matchmaking

My thinking, and from experience, is that matchmaking with live matches is the way to go as it is annoying with the lag of playing with others as live rivals.

Secondly, not being able to play against/with 2 people who share a console is a pain - I only get to see the lead account not the guest although their end they see me. This along with the above, caused a great amount of dead time my end where the guest was playing their shots but I just sit there watching the other lead account standing over their ball waiting for them to take their shot.

With each having signed in to their own account or created profile, have it so they can also save their own HUD and assist options that are linked to their profile rather than the settings being for all on the same console. For example, 1 account could play with all assists on like green grid, lie grid, precise measurements, wind speed whereas another can play TST style with no grids, no wind speed, no scout cam, range measurements (if they so wanted). This also to carry over into Private MatchMaking.

Of course the secondary accounts/profiles would not be able to play the ranked MatchMaking against the lead account but could play against others 1 on 1 and be a partner for the lead in alternate. Not sure on this 100% as cannot think of any implications this could have at this time but certainly should be allowed in non-ranked Private MatchMaking.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 12:32:29 PM »
I would love to see a Live lobby so you could see what course and set up you would be joining.No idea how it would work with the amount of courses and players but it would be nice to have a choice.

Martbloke

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 01:17:47 PM »
Totally Yeltz!

As it is, without having to join a club, forum, Reddit or other asking for anyone to play, there is no way that someone looking for a match and has no friends who play the game, can get into a Private Live MatchMaking game with anyone in this game. A lobby is indeed required! I know the keyword is "Private" as in you are creating a match to play someone you know but it needs to be "Ranked" and "Unranked" so people can play anyone and make new game friends!

Lobby with options or how to play (unranked) and also allowing multiple users on the same console/machine to take part in live matches = yes please! Would also be cool if it could keep count and score of matches against a particular foe a bit like the Fifa exhibition matches.

Of course I'm mainly talking unranked here; don't care much for ranked matches as people always look to exploit games to be the "best".

space-cash