New RCR in progress - 95 hours so far - Chedoke Beddoe

• 3 Replies

drdoak

« on: April 29, 2020, 03:59:02 PM »
Hey everyone, with the pandemic going and our group unable to golf I was looking for a good PS4 game. I saw the creator option in TGC19 reviews so I downloaded it and dove in.

Haven't really played yet, strictly recreating my favourite local muni where we've put in hundreds of rounds between us.

There's no LiDAR so I've been using the 18Birdies app to measure course elements, Google Earth for elevation and details for planting and objects, and playing each hole as I go to see if it's similar to memory.

So far the course is accurate to about 10 yards, with a lot of it accurate to 5 or less. Elevations are true to life. All trees and bushes are the same or similar and accurately placed (this takes hours on its own and is admittedly not my favourite part).

I've recreated the parking lot, clubhouses, nearby roads, and I'll be working on Martin (other course.. Beddoe/Martin is a 36 hole muni) so it's visible as you play Beddoe.

I had to start all over again as I discovered the water table and no option to remove it! This course has a LOT of elevation changes due to its location along the Niagara Escarpment (a 200+ foot ridge) and its unique history.

I originally built the highest holes to their proper height, then started making lower ones with the valleys. That's when I ran into water. So I made the lowest holes first and made the highest elevations relative to those. I was about 40 hours in when I found this problem, it was frustrating to say the least.

I haven't figured out how to add pictures but I'll post some up when I do.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
the tgc 2019 forum is above, this is TGC2 forum here happens a lot to posters sometimes tgc 2019 forum is hidden.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:47:02 PM by Yeltzman »

drdoak

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:01:52 PM »
the tgc 2019 forum is above, this is TGC2 forum here happens a lot to posters sometimes tgc 2019 forum is hidden.

Sorry guys, I'll repost in the appropriate place.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 05:38:55 AM »
No worries look forward to giving the course a go,love a RCR.

space-cash