PGA Tour 2k21

• 6217 Replies

DDawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #4485 on: November 28, 2020, 10:02:40 PM »
Censorship is back ...

AUGUSTA is now *******  Again
And newly added ...
PEBBLE, as in ****** Beach or, ******stone Bay!

And WTF is considered inappropriate language ...  ::)
My most recent course

Misty Mountain Monastery

The Links @ Hylandia #2
El Dorado Hills 95762
Calaveras Willow Oak
San Simoleon

My System:
Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING MB w/32MB
Intel i9-9900KF 3600 MHz
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
MSI Optix MAG321CURV Curved Gaming Monitor

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4486 on: November 29, 2020, 08:11:49 AM »
Somethings going on with the *****'s again.  Its creeping into more courses now.  Add **. Andrew's to the list as well.  My guess is that courses are complaining.  Dont know if recreating a real life course is legal or not but it seems HB/2k caves if a course gets in touch with them about it.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4487 on: November 29, 2020, 10:55:21 AM »
Somethings going on with the *****'s again.  Its creeping into more courses now.  Add **. Andrew's to the list as well.  My guess is that courses are complaining.  Dont know if recreating a real life course is legal or not but it seems HB/2k caves if a course gets in touch with them about it.

It seems to be the more famous iconic courses are the ones getting flagged.  No one knows what the reason is, as HB Studios does not comment on it.  I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe we will get some official paid/premium DLC with those iconic courses, and that is the reason that the unofficial ones have been given the asterisks.  I know...not very likely...but during times like these, I am trying to stay as positive as I can. 

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4488 on: November 29, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »

It seems to be the more famous iconic courses are the ones getting flagged.  No one knows what the reason is, as HB Studios does not comment on it.  I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe we will get some official paid/premium DLC with those iconic courses, and that is the reason that the unofficial ones have been given the asterisks.  I know...not very likely...but during times like these, I am trying to stay as positive as I can.

Here's a thought,  I wonder if these "well known commonly licensed EA Sports" golf courses are getting flagged because EA is requiring licenses for them for a new golf title?  You know there have been leaks that EA is returning to golf in the near future.
   You also know if EA's involved they're  going to be all over squashing the competition.
  Competition is good for the consumer.....fair competition that is
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:23:21 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

AndersNM

« Reply #4489 on: November 29, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »

I find it completely unlikely the clubs have made any legal cases to HB/2K - and the reason I doubt that, is that every other golf game with a designer to have custom content has RCRs of these courses with no issues. For example, it is very easy to get Augusta to JNPG, it is still freely available to PGA Tiger Woods 2008 (a game you quite recently could buy from EA) etc. This is the first video golf game I know that do this with custom content.

They also do not censor for example Pebble Beach in TGC 2019 - only in PGA 2K21 - which doesn't make sense if it was a legal issue, where they needed to remove the courses also from the previous games that can be bought.

rhino7176

« Reply #4490 on: December 01, 2020, 01:33:54 AM »
A couple of educated guesses....1) This is now next gen and has a much higher profile than any game you mentioned at this time. 2)  HB/2K could be working on real renditions of those courses to release.  3) another company (EA) could be securing the license for a rival golf game.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #4491 on: December 01, 2020, 05:24:07 AM »
A couple of educated guesses....1) This is now next gen and has a much higher profile than any game you mentioned at this time. 2)  HB/2K could be working on real renditions of those courses to release.  3) another company (EA) could be securing the license for a rival golf game.
I hope so I think HB could do with some competition just to keep them one their toes even if it is EA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4492 on: December 01, 2020, 08:46:06 AM »

I'm guessing #3.  EA has always had pebble beach and st. Andrew's in their golf games.  And, 2k is a direct rival.
  Although, as I've said I am incredibly satisfied with PGA2k21. Now,  wheres the DLC????
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:11:30 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4493 on: December 01, 2020, 12:38:26 PM »
I find it completely unlikely the clubs have made any legal cases to HB/2K

I thought the same of you but Colin just posted they have deleted the name Tom Morris now as well......

https://www.standrews.com/press/brand-protection

With all this copyright problems i do slightly fear for the designer going forward,Saying that don't think there will be another version for current Gen....so who knows what next gen will bring,
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:44:45 PM by Yeltzman »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4494 on: December 01, 2020, 02:22:44 PM »
Tiger 22?

I would amazed if EA got back in but certainly would welcome competition. Be a tough sell for me unless they had a really good sim mode and putting was much better. HBs putting is the best I have ever seen with no grids. Be tough to beat it.

It would look awesome though if EA did it. Especially on the consoles and PCs.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4495 on: December 01, 2020, 07:49:08 PM »
Tiger 22?

I would amazed if EA got back in but certainly would welcome competition. Be a tough sell for me unless they had a really good sim mode and putting was much better. HBs putting is the best I have ever seen with no grids. Be tough to beat it.

Never say never but, I think a next gen graphics engine would be the hook.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4496 on: December 02, 2020, 11:18:12 AM »
Tiger 22?

If EA does get back into it, I hope they ditch that power bubble illuminating, stick-flicking swing interface they used in Rory Mcilroy PGA TOUR, and go back with something more like TW 13 and 14.  Oh, and they can put the True-Aim camera with a cut to finish option like they had in TW 13 back in the game while they're at it. :)

Oh, and don't forget the option to disable vsync so we can play the game at 60 FPS+!  :D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:20:07 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

scajjr2

• GroupMember
« Reply #4497 on: December 03, 2020, 06:33:53 AM »
Had an update to the game via Steam last night, anyone seen any info on it?

Sam
MSI X570 Tomahawk
Ryzen 9 5950X
32Gb DDR4
Asus 6900XT ROG Strix LC
Monoprice 32" 4K monitor x2

Stan Solo

« Reply #4498 on: December 03, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »

I've not seen any updates  ?       .... did you notice anything different

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4499 on: December 03, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »

Sam

According to the Steam notes in my installation of 2K21, it's never had an update!?  I've never seen a title that for some reason felt the need to be so stealthy with its updates!? :o  I didn't notice a Steam update yesterday though, and I played three different times.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash