PGA Tour 2k21

• 5381 Replies

Lions67

« Reply #4575 on: December 05, 2020, 10:34:10 PM »
I’m on PS4

kabeeo

« Reply #4576 on: December 06, 2020, 11:05:54 AM »
I'm buying in to the Premium not so much because I'm going to use it but because I want to support the game. With the extra $15 my cost per hour of play isn't really affected.

detfan

« Reply #4577 on: December 06, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »
Game has not been enjoyable from day one. What constitutes a slow swing? Fast swing etc. etc.

Find myself barely able to muster up the eagerly to play TGC tours. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4578 on: December 06, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
Really?  man I love this game.  The challenge of trying to hit on master difficulty just feels like real golf.  Miss it by a little you're a little offline.  Swing a little slow , lose a bit of distance
  The wind effect,  putting no grids while using the low cameras to judge the slope. Excellent!
   The ball physics are really good.  I've never had an issue with the scoring in pga career mode.
   I play golf regularly, an 80's range golfer and this game makes me feel like I'm playing the course.  This is the best golf game ever made by a LONG shot.  And you know they used to call me "the *****"  I can't remember then name anymore but it was about always being so negative.  there is just very little to seriously gripe about.
    Note I play on PC
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:08:37 PM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

detfan

« Reply #4579 on: December 06, 2020, 01:12:44 PM »
Really?  man I love this game.  The challenge of trying to hit on master difficulty just feels like real golf.  Miss it by a little you're a little offline.  Swing a little slow , lose a bit of distance
  The wind effect,  putting no grids while using the low cameras to judge the slope. Excellent!
   The ball physics are really good.  I've never had an issue with the scoring in pga career mode.
   I play golf regularly, an 80's range golfer and this game makes me feel like I'm playing the course.  This is the best golf game ever made by a LONG shot.  And you know they used to call me "the *****"  I can't remember then name anymore but it was about always being so negative.  there is just very little to seriously gripe about.
    Note I play on PC
Just too hit and miss for me. Just my opinion. Updates show,up. They don’t tell you what they did. Combo of everything I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nightowl

« Reply #4580 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:42 PM »
    Note I play on PC
I'm in general agreement, jeffield.  I was afraid HB would dumb the game down with a patch, but so far they've left it alone.  Pitching is maybe still too hard, chipping too easy.  All in all, though, the game is challenging.  Wish they'd restrict the splash shot to the sand.  Also wish we could free roam with the camera and then swing from beyond 45 yards.  The game, despite its flaws, is still probably the best golf game ever made.

Ian

« Reply #4581 on: December 06, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »
It’s a strange game that would benefit from a re-think. The swing mechanics are a bit of a mish mash of different swing speeds, probably introduced because the original swing mechanics made it too hard to judge partial shots.
As I’ve stated elsewhere on this forum, I just wish someone would produce a golf title with a 1:1, real time swing that would eliminate the need for varied swing speeds.
I’m actually enjoying the game more than I thought I would, chiefly because I enjoy designing my own courses. Having said that the course designer suite has hardly changed from the first iteration of the game and could also do with a re-design. It could be improved immeasurably if you were able to import your own custom sounds, objects and textures etc., giving courses a less generic look.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4582 on: December 06, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm not trying to chastise you detfan.. I understand and, I get differences in my swing. Imo.  It largely comes from slight variances in my backswing/downswing ratio.  I have to be really careful in the master setting.  If my backswing starts out slower I need a quicker downswing to even it out.  And u can feel this as youre doing it.   Sometimes it's an adjust on the fly thing.  Which can be a bit scary.  To me that's  part of the genios of the swing mechanic in this game.
  And I agree with nightowl, the chipping is a bit easy and pitching judgement really tough.  (Its not oerfect)  but, dang overall its challenging/fun!.  Oh and, the splash shot?  Yeah that should only come up as a sand **** option.  By definition that's what a splash shot is.
   I spent $8 on the dlc.   Like I've said , they gave us the course/tournament  for free, I think the $8 is a fair price for the mizuno's and the extra unlockable gear.
 Best golf game ever? Yep, sure is.  Now what was my nickname around the HB office?  I guess you'll have to be changing that huh?  What does ringo call me?  Honest Abe? 
   Like my thoughts or not , im givin you my honest opinion.    There is still room for even more immersion if HB is continuing on.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4583 on: December 06, 2020, 04:03:03 PM »
only have it on when i play with my ghost rounds, not sure why the scoreboard has moved up the screen, really liked it bottom left.(xbox)

Alan_Bernardo

• GroupMember
« Reply #4584 on: December 06, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »
    Note I play on PC
I'm in general agreement, jeffield.  I was afraid HB would dumb the game down with a patch, but so far they've left it alone.  Pitching is maybe still too hard, chipping too easy.  All in all, though, the game is challenging.  Wish they'd restrict the splash shot to the sand.  Also wish we could free roam with the camera and then swing from beyond 45 yards.  The game, despite its flaws, is still probably the best golf game ever made.

Overall I think the game is pretty good and a lot of fun.  Splash shots ought to be restricted to only sand shot, only if the tinker with the flop shot, which I find incredibly hard to navigate.  They do need to fix the caddie.  A simple fix, I would think.  I used to sometimes not notice I had a pitch as default, and if you hit the club slow, you will lose a significant amount of distance.  Anymore, though, I'm quite cognizant of what club my caddie chooses for me, which 70% of the time is incorrect.

The game is one of the best going for golf games.  It so far outshines Perfect Golf that any comparisons between the two is beyond laughable.  And the courses to be played are nearly limitless. 
Acer Predator G3-605
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs),~3.4GHz
8 Gig RAM
GeForce GTX 760

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4585 on: December 06, 2020, 09:14:35 PM »
A lot of us have said how great the game is but it's irrelevant if we can't play online together in private matches without constant drops and the swing glitch is a total kick in the nuts.

I was playing some lidar course in a society  and was thinking how amazing the hole I was on looked . Then I swung and got the glitch lol.

It's like playing a fps with constant drops and your gun didn't fire when you pulled the trigger at random times.

How long would you continue to play?

Insult to injury how do they choose to communicate after constant requests for updates and patch info?  They tell a streamer that they are working on a fix for the SX and some link from somewhere that somebody found with ambiguous patch notes.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Ian

« Reply #4586 on: December 07, 2020, 04:08:00 AM »
    Note I play on PC

The game is one of the best going for golf games.  It so far outshines Perfect Golf that any comparisons between the two is beyond laughable.  And the courses to be played are nearly limitless.

I disagree to a large extent with your comment about Perfect Golf.
Certainly PGA Tour is a more complete game but PGs courses never looked generic because of the ability to import custom objects, sound, backdrops, textures etc.
The game plays very well and the physics, with one or two exceptions, are better than PGA’s.
The avatar is very poor but at least partial shots are possible without having to slow the swing down.
I have no love for the devs of PG, who left everyone thinking there would be a PG2 and then pulled the plug, but as a pure golf game, without any bells and whistles, it’s hard to beat.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #4587 on: December 07, 2020, 05:45:56 AM »
    Note I play on PC

I disagree to a large extent with your comment about Perfect Golf.
Certainly PGA Tour is a more complete game but PGs courses never looked generic because of the ability to import custom objects, sound, backdrops, textures etc.
The game plays very well and the physics, with one or two exceptions, are better than PGA’s.
The avatar is very poor but at least partial shots are possible without having to slow the swing down.
I have no love for the devs of PG, who left everyone thinking there would be a PG2 and then pulled the plug, but as a pure golf game, without any bells and whistles, it’s hard to beat.
   I played PG for a good while before it became JNPG and I did really liked it gameplay wise.  I was playing back then on a mid range laptop and it was pretty good of I didnt max the settings. 
   I cant complain about its gameplay.  It was a good playing game.  The designers were never really interested in completing the game though.  Or maybe it was just one designer?  Dont know.  But, no career mode, horrendous npc a.i. and, one awful looking golfer avatar wore way too thin.  Dropped it years ago and, that tells you how how long ago they were talking about progressing the game.  I have no interest in that game at all.
  PGA2K21 shows me that the HB devs are really interested in golf and progressing this game in a positive direction.  That, I will support!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 05:48:15 AM by jeffield »
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

Alan_Bernardo

• GroupMember
« Reply #4588 on: December 07, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
I just don't care for the feel of Perfect Golf.  It doesn't even remotely feel like you're playing any semblance of golf.  The ball flight is completely off, the ball itself too tiny and hard to follow, and the UI is horrendous.

In my estimation Perfect Golf is a step down from Links 2003, which Perfect Golf used as a model.  The developers just dropped the game completely, abandoned what was one a loyal following, and ran with the money, at one time suggesting a new version that never materialized.  If I'm not mistaken, at least one of these developers was the first to introduce pay courses into Links 2003.  Another had a website which ran a tour (in contrast to a better, more thorough tour at LSPN) which was suspect at best.

This of course doesn't matter, that game is long gone. 

One thing totally disappointing about 2K1 is the multiplayer.  It's awful.  The only viable option is playing ghosts or live ghosts.  The only problem with that is finding those who play on Master.  I cannot count the number of times I've loaded up a ghost (live ghosts are better, even though quite a number will quit if a round is not going well), only to find the player was -5 after three holes.

It would be nice to have a database of players, especially one that includes those who play Master.
Acer Predator G3-605
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs),~3.4GHz
8 Gig RAM
GeForce GTX 760

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4589 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »
A lot of us have said how great the game is but it's irrelevant if we can't play online together in private matches without constant drops and the swing glitch is a total kick in the nuts.

I was playing some lidar course in a society  and was thinking how amazing the hole I was on looked . Then I swung and got the glitch lol.

It's like playing a fps with constant drops and your gun didn't fire when you pulled the trigger at random times.

How long would you continue to play?

If I was lucky enough to have been able to find a Series X for purchase, the swing animation glitch would be an intolerable jab to the yarbles.  I've already divorced myself from the XBox One X version due to the fact that I find the tempo frustratingly difficult to manage at 30 FPS.  I should add here that I wouldn't know this if I didn't own a PC that can play the game running at 60 FPS.  If I didn't, I'd probably have adapted my senses to be able to tolerate the game at 30, but I'd still know it would be better at 60.

If by some miracle the game gets an update to where the vsync gets and option to be unlocked or set to 60 Hz on Series X, I'll be back fully on board with the XBox One version again.  I just can't understand why you wouldn't want to offer this for owners of the advanced hardware, especially those who own VRR capable displays?  This one simple option would allow them to fully reap the benefits of their Series X and their variable refresh rate capable displays. :-*

Finally, what if for some reason unlocking the vsync changes somethin in the timing that eliminates the swing animation glitch from occurring?  I'm getting more and more of a sense they simply aren't willing to go there, and maybe for nothing more than 'platform parity' reasons. :-\

Insult to injury how do they choose to communicate after constant requests for updates and patch info?  They tell a streamer that they are working on a fix for the SX and some link from somewhere that somebody found with ambiguous patch notes.

This I really don't get either.  It only takes a one or two sentence statement to indicate the state of affairs.  We just want to know where the product stands from an official source, even if we don't necessarily always like the answer. :-\
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:34:51 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash