PGA Tour 2k21

• 6217 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5100 on: April 23, 2021, 05:28:31 PM »
The next game make a section just for tgctours if they are so important. They can set it up anyway they want .Then the other 99% of us can play the game the way we want. What a joke HB. No idea what you were thinking on this one.

Hopefully you can give us a default swing option in the near future.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Stan Solo

« Reply #5101 on: April 23, 2021, 06:17:37 PM »
I seems HB2K are damned if they do and damned if they don't  ... the swing has not changed .. just the outcome .

For me I have been on Master for a little while and had got my scores down to around par  ... I play with a natural draw so I'm in big trouble now .

The pitch is a nightmare and will avoid it as much as I can ....

sroel908

« Reply #5102 on: April 23, 2021, 06:32:42 PM »
I seems HB2K are damned if they do and damned if they don't  ... the swing has not changed .. just the outcome .

For me I have been on Master for a little while and had got my scores down to around par  ... I play with a natural draw so I'm in big trouble now .

The pitch is a nightmare and will avoid it as much as I can ....

I think the biggest issue with this change, to me, is that it occurred way too late, and came after devs said the swing was working as it was supposed to. What changed to make them give in, 8 months after release?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5103 on: April 23, 2021, 06:35:52 PM »
Tgctours
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Gasman

« Reply #5104 on: April 23, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »
Just played another few rounds & the game is a mess.
I’ve played golf games for years along with all the other EA golf gamers & always like to be challenged by the more difficult sets. Masters with grids off has been one of the best games I have played over the years shooting anywhere from par to plus ten It’s been a blast.
What we have now is almost back to a beta. It clearly has not been thought about or tested, it’s just a really lazy sh1t tweak to the existing mechanic that has made the Rory game look like a masterpiece.
Now I don’t want anyone telling me to go play Mario Golf I want a developer to get involved & explain what they was thinking? Who is this update for? Did you not think it would be possibly a step to far? Why have you made a U turn from saying the game that was released is playing out exactly as you intended?

If Doyley & TGCTOURS are the only winners here you have really made a bad decision. As much as I respect the level of commitment & organisation over there from all involved it’s not fair to make the game the way they feel it should play out.

You’ll never beat the cheat!!

Oswinner

« Reply #5105 on: April 23, 2021, 06:50:59 PM »
Ooo new swing mechanic. Still think tempo should cause push/pulls and swing plane should cause hook/slices but will be interesting to try out the new mechanic...!
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

kgboomer

« Reply #5106 on: April 23, 2021, 06:56:59 PM »
I can't stop laughing, what a mess! lmao

First time I played in a while, it's unplayable. I'm sure all those casual players will be very happy. Oh well, I'm sure those playing 12 rounds a day every day 365 a year are all thrilled to be catered with changes like this.

Edit: I agree with just about all what Frstdwn and Gasman wrote above.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:12:48 PM by kgboomer »

hammers1man

« Reply #5107 on: April 23, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »
Ooo new swing mechanic. Still think tempo should cause push/pulls and swing plane should cause hook/slices but will be interesting to try out the new mechanic...!
Have you seen how straight everyone's swing lines are. TGC 1 boredom where it is actually hard to miss a fairway. The hardest thing in real golf is to square that clubface on impact. I really believe HB's swing mechanic principles are sound, just needs some work.
This fix has motivated me buy the next game, I love the timing aspect, I don't like golf games where it's all about pulling back and forward a stick straight.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #5108 on: April 23, 2021, 07:07:35 PM »
It’s not unplayable in my opinion.
Edit: My swing lines are far from straight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pgadesertrat

« Reply #5109 on: April 23, 2021, 07:12:30 PM »
There are morons and then there's HB Studios >:(.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse with current day golf games...........Neutered, nerfed, or whatever term you want to use, a decent game has been completely ruined.  Most pathetic part, someone at HB or 2K thinks this was a good decision.

Martbloke

« Reply #5110 on: April 23, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
It makes me laugh how a lot of people are moaning saying it's unplayable now. Yes it is a bit more penal than it should be but it's not unplayable in the least. All it is doing is showing how poor people's tempo really is and that they have to rely on a miss-hit shot leaning towards fast to compensate the distance for them. If the penalty is too much, pick a different club that gives you more forgiveness.

HB - good change but make it slightly less penal and I think you are good to go. Also, up the overswing zone to replace what is lost from the added fast distance so you can fly/overhit greens again.

hammers1man

« Reply #5111 on: April 23, 2021, 07:29:02 PM »
It makes me laugh how a lot of people are moaning saying it's unplayable now. Yes it is a bit more penal than it should be but it's not unplayable in the least. All it is doing is showing how poor people's tempo really is and that they have to rely on a miss-hit shot leaning towards fast to compensate the distance for them. If the penalty is too much, pick a different club that gives you more forgiveness.

HB - good change but make it slightly less penal and I think you are good to go. Also, up the overswing zone to replace what is lost from the added fast distance so you can fly/overhit greens again.
It is shocking how many people actually play a golf game so unconventionally and think it's the norm.
Overswing at least 110% for the risk reward shot.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:31:49 PM by hammers1man »

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5112 on: April 23, 2021, 07:31:44 PM »
Sadly that’s how I feel now about TGC. As someone who doesn’t play societies (because of cheats) or online, the options for a solo player are pretty dire.

I occasionally play in the Beer League tournaments in TGC Tours, but not because I expect to be able to contend for championships.  I know that's an unrealistic expectation for a player of my average skills.  What I do to get enjoyment out of in playing in the Beer League is playing along with the ghost ball of players I know, or who are comparable in skill to me.  I really get a kick out of playing a 'tournament within a tournament' with the dozen or so players who are in my sphere.

My biggest joy in playing 2K21 comes from playing in a small society of players (8 to 10 players) I know and who play the game straight up, that I co-manage.  Over half of them have never even heard of the "Red Fast" exploit. 

I'm finding the play in online matchmaking to be better now than it was the first few months after release.  Fewer people are bailing out on matches now, and only maybe one in five uses the Red Fast exploit.  I'm also 3-0 against the last three that used it against me, prior to the server side update.  I've also had some great 2v2 Alt-Shot matches since the 60 Hz Vsync update (greatest update in the history of TGC/PGA TOUR 2K21 IMO!).  More people seem to be playing the game now and more are sticking out the matches now, for whatever reason.

Such a shame as this series has given us all years of pleasure, but it really feels like it can’t offer anything else in its current form.

I can understand your position if you don't like Society play or online multiplayer.  I think the career mode in 2K21 is woefully lacking.  I hope they're going to be able to do something with that aspect of the game because clearly a lot of people desire a good career mode.  I quit playing it after two events because it just feels like I'm playing against a spreadsheet, and one that doesn't know how to tally scores and statistics properly at that.  Watching an occasional highlight clip from a featured pro, plugged into a scripted video representing a birdie on another hole looks totally contrived to me, yet that's the only clue you get that there's actually a field of AI opponents elsewhere on the course.

The next PGA TOUR title is going to have to have a vibrant career mode if it's going to be able to hold its own against EA's next offering.  I have a strong hunch it's going to have a much more fully fleshed career mode than what we've see out this series so far.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Oswinner

« Reply #5113 on: April 23, 2021, 07:33:21 PM »
Just had a round and enjoyed it. I tried a deliberate very fast and the animation actually matched the outcome for a change. 160 yard snap hook with a 3w in the fairway. Much more realistic and will stop the cheese!
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

lastchancehombre

« Reply #5114 on: April 23, 2021, 07:35:10 PM »
Game is perfectly playable! You & they just need to make some minor adjustments! Your adjustments are immediate! Their adjustments are forth coming soon....hopefully! Little more fine tuning by them & we still will have the best virtual golf game on the planet!
Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

**Ported to 2K21

TGC 2019 releases

**Beau Pre Estates
**Stone Lagoon Dunes
**Woodley Island Golf Club
**Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

space-cash